Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

3 in 8.3 seconds. Even Teemu can't shoot that quick.

I prefer 2 shots at 12 week interval 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

A hard pill to swallow for the more altruistic among us.

Maybe just a conspiracy theory !

That it is almost certainly is VW. The Chinese and indeed the Russian have much to gain from no AZ !

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

That it is almost certainly is VW. The Chinese and indeed the Russian have much to gain from no AZ !

Is that why the organisation for Global affairs and the US Government are telling Bolsanaro not to purchase the Russian vaccine, or else?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/brazil-reaches-deal-for-10-million-shots-of-russian-vaccine-brazil-sao-paulo-russia-sinovac-twitter-b1816641.html

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

My coffee maker is set for two shots.

Mine told me to make it myself.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Is that why the organisation for Global affairs and the US Government are telling Bolsanaro not to purchase the Russian vaccine, or else?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/brazil-reaches-deal-for-10-million-shots-of-russian-vaccine-brazil-sao-paulo-russia-sinovac-twitter-b1816641.html

Not in this link it doesn't say

The conspiracy theory being offered up is in essence that the EU would rather see lots of its citizens suffer for the commercial benefit of a few local vaccines suppliers (Pfizer / JJ etc). Pure poppy-****.

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Not in this link it doesn't say

The conspiracy theory being offered up is in essence that the EU would rather see lots of its citizens suffer for the commercial benefit of a few local vaccines suppliers (Pfizer / JJ etc). Pure poppy-****.

No it doesn't I admit, the article is 3 days old, what I wrote is today's news.

1 hour ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

America have upto 100 million doses of AZ in their fridges, they will probably never use, and 1 of the options is to give it to Brazil ( sell it more like probably ). It is no conspiracy theory that China and Russia are giving vaccines away for political gain, it is fact. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

National

5294 - 110

Local

image.png.bdcf19426f1a1c4d05f1130a4d40128e.png

image.png.21de77713cc0300a78b39728bfa4f22d.png

image.thumb.png.849ee566ea023d24d4bafcbf18febc4e.png

We will be seeing record numbers this week.

None at Reydon till next Thursday 

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I always think of the saying "follow the money". It often illuminates intentions.

Terribly cynical of me I realise (and that is with me being quite the idealist ... but I'm slowly learning about the ways of the world)

36 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I always think of the saying "follow the money". It often illuminates intentions.

Terribly cynical of me I realise (and that is with me being quite the idealist ... but I'm slowly learning about the ways of the world)

Exactly my thoughts.

Where politicians are involved I look first at does it help them cover their backs? Here I think it’s a case of seizing on a safety concern which will distract attention from what a mess they’ve made of the whole vaccine project and will allow them to deflect criticism of their slow roll out by saying “ah but we had to pause it for safety reasons.”

The proof of the pudding may be the numbers for AZ vs Pfizer . Although I’m guessing there will be one slightly higher AZ number, which is just part of the normal fluctuations but has been grabbed with both hands.

Hopefully the EMA report coming out tomorrow will finally put an end to this very sad saga, with 18 nations currently suspending the AZ vaccine. With some EU nations like Belgium and Poland continuing to use the AZ vaccine its been a very messy situation to say the least. The Belgian health minister hit the nail on the head, speaking of the slowness of the vaccine roll out in Europe, warning any delays not only help a third wave, but a 4th and a 5th to.

• Like 2

Listening to Europeans on radio and most of it sounds like a fear of litigation as has been mentioned. A rare form of blood clot has risen from a very miniscule amount to a miniscule amount so they have check it out just to be safe. Macron is being a bit of a an idiot and playing politics but that isn't unexpected. 

Interesting to note that individual states are allowed their own choices, including vaccine manufacturers, and do not HAVE to abide by strict EU rules like we have been repeatedly told. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Listening to Europeans on radio and most of it sounds like a fear of litigation as has been mentioned. A rare form of blood clot has risen from a very miniscule amount to a miniscule amount so they have check it out just to be safe. Macron is being a bit of a an idiot and playing politics but that isn't unexpected. 

Interesting to note that individual states are allowed their own choices, including vaccine manufacturers, and do not HAVE to abide by strict EU rules like we have been repeatedly told. 

Thanks Herman - sensible commentary is rare on here sometimes if it can be spun as anti EU.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-eu-threatens-to-block-jab-exports-to-uk-and-other-countries-with-high-vaccination-rates-12248671

'How dare you do better than us it's time to block you getting any vaccines and let your people die!'

Eu really are being pathetic

Unfortunately a sad state of affairs around the whole world of rich nations. America already do not allow vaccine to be moved outside the country and have huge amounts ( estimates go to 100 million ) of the Oxford vaccine in their fridges which they are never going to use “ but will not upset their citizens by moving it, just in case they need it “. 
The only major producer of vaccines that can hold their head above water is India, but will their politicians eventually bow to their citizens.

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Oh deary me.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has threatened to block vaccine exports to the UK and other countries with markedly higher rollouts of coronavirus jabs.

All very sad, yet very predictable as feared as long ago as June. When the chips are down every rich country will put their interests / citizens first and not give a stuff about anyone else and yes that includes America, EU, GB, UAE, Russia and China to name a few.

10 minutes ago, Van wink said:

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has threatened to block vaccine exports to the UK and other countries with markedly higher rollouts of coronavirus jabs.

Shouldn’t make any difference to us as Moy regularly tells us we produce more than enough for ourselves and the EU don’t produce any.

On a more serious note if they do stop this could create serious problems being a huge producer. They say ( I have no reason to suspect it’s not true ) they have exported 41 million doses, that’s around 10% of the total doses given so far around the world. 

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Shouldn’t make any difference to us as Moy regularly tells us we produce more than enough for ourselves and the EU don’t produce any.

On a more serious note if they do stop this could create serious problems being a huge producer. They say ( I have no reason to suspect it’s not true ) they have exported 41 million doses, that’s around 10% of the total doses given so far around the world. 

Presumably this means they will potentially by decree be breaking contractual agreements ? Also possibly waiving intellectual property rights as the Times reports?

Edited by Van wink

37 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Is this a good or bad thing today. It's a struggle to keep up. 😀