Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Not sure that upping the anti is the best strategy atm, we need some real leadership to sort out this mess.

Her sense of timing is totally bizarre, demanding more AZ vaccine when 40 million doses are loitering in fridges across Europe.

Distraction tactics

19 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Although you are correct it’s America that has done that and even put in place new laws.

I really don’t get this WBB, there is clearly some reluctance around AZ in the US, I suspect the “ooh look we messed up the timing of the second dose and hey presto it works better” approach didn’t sit well, but who knows.

But if they are not going to authorise it what on earth is the argument for stockpiling. Biden has done a great job with the vaccination program but what they are doing with AZ doesn’t seem to fit, what I thought was, his view of the world.

Edited by Van wink

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Not sure that upping the anti is the best strategy atm, we need some real leadership to sort out this mess.

Her sense of timing is totally bizarre, demanding more AZ vaccine when 40 million doses are loitering in fridges across Europe.

Much rather have had sensible heads prevail in private but Johnson played it for political advantage months ago. Now comes the price. There is time to come to an agreement. It's the principal that matters that the EU send us vaccines (Pfizer at present ) when it has it own shortages (Pfizer and AZ) to follow.  

14 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

You’re on crack mate. I’m very happy to expose you as a weak man to all the other weak men on here. Now think on, how will you improve yourself? Is it too late?

I'm on your case. I can see through you. Wannabe meme.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm on your case. I can see through you. Wannabe meme.

I don’t think you understand what a meme is

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Isn't that the Frog in a blender or liquidizer thingy ?

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I don't and nobody else does. But in your case its Me Me. Attention seeking but want to be an individual. Fake. Fraud. Imitator. I bet you don't even like football.

2 hours ago, BigFish said:

Pretty much @Yellow Fever. The UK/Government got off to a screeching start with the Vaccine programme by doing what they are good at e.g. making deals, buying stuff and selling the deal to Joe Public. As @Well b back called out at the time there was always going to be a crunch when it was time for the second dose. Simple Maths that combining the delivery of second doses and first doses at the same time requires a massive increase in capacity or a reduction in first doses. Even the government knew this, hence stretching the gap between doses from 4 to twelve weeks.

There has been much hubris in the UK from this start, and the perceived lead over the UK. Easy to do when all is well. Now the programme has hit challenges that the UK/government is not so good at e.g. planning, organisation, manufacturing. Weaknesses in the supply chain are now hitting home, as they always would do but having oversold the success it is pyschologically difficult to accept the "game changer" doesn't in fact change the game on its own.

I disagree with you 100% and I think you're showing pure anti-UK bias in this post.  The UK seems to have setup things very well with a large extra supply due to come in from India at the time when the UK wants to up its doses because from April we have a massive number of 2nd doses as well as wanting to continue with first doses.  It turns out that AZ isn't able to supply as much as was hoped due to issues with how much vaccine gets produced  - that could happen equally if the AZ was manufacturing those doses in the UK, it's nothing to do with the UK being weak at planning or simple maths, that's not the issue at all 

What's interesting is that the targets will, we're being told, still be achieved so it's not been oversold.  Some in the media got over excited by how well it was all going and made projections ignoring the fact that difficulties like this might happen, but the government always warned us that supply would be lumpy and has clearly allowed for this sort of possible slow down period in the targets that have been set.

There is no doubt the UK is well ahead of the EU (I think you meant to say "perceived lead over the EU", not UK - what's known as a Freudian slip I think) in terms of the vaccine roll-out so far, that's "simple maths", just look at the number of jabs given per 100.  But, most of us have been able to grasp that's not the UK "winning" and the EU "losing" - the poor roll out by the EU has a negative impact on us in the UK, just as this slow down in supply to the UK will have a negative impact on the EU as well as being bad for the UK.

It's disappointing but not surprising that when the chips are down, countries are looking after themselves, which is why it's good that a lot of the vaccine is being produced in the UK to protect against the EU deciding to block exports etc.  But overall it makes a lot of sense for manufacturing mainly to be sited in places like India where there cost to manufacture is low, and for the UK to support that by placing advance orders to buy the product, as we did.

Most of all I'm disappointed by the Biden administration behaving exactly like you'd have expected Trump to do, and also that the EU can't concentrate on sorting out their own problems and instead are still trying to deflect criticism.

50 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes a shortage due to production in India but you neatly side step the response of one party that feels seizing production faclities and overiding patents is the way to go. Had that party been the UK you would have been all over it like a cheap suit.

I don't live in the EU so what they do has nothing to do with me. As we live in the UK I would be all over them if they did something stupid as it affects me directly. 

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

A meme is actually a collective. True even if rather inconvenient and ironic. ☺️. Lots of articles on the net.

THE BRAIN FROM TOP TO BOTTOM

https://thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/a/a_07/a_07_s/a_07_s_tra/a_07_s_tra.html

A meme is an infectious idea, started by an individual. The strong ideas survive, the weak one, well... The either die or huddle together in a collective for safety.

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Is that your desire? Beat a male?

Low key homophobia is a favourite of the hard left collectivists. 

It’s obviously not as celebrated as the true left wing favourite though, anti-semitism.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

A meme is an infectious idea, started by an individual. The strong ideas survive, the weak one, well... The either die or huddle together in a collective for safety.

You might need to look up paradigmatic shifts then (I was searching for Kuhn and found the above link which neatly referenced Dawkins). Or read about the collective unconscious (Jung the best source). If you can't believe in that then life will be experienced as a very disappointing affair.

If you want to be a real individual you'd be better having a personal avatar TRB not one that is universal. Just my opinion (as an individual but one who occasionally decides he likes to be part of a collective. Being with Norwich fans away from home being one time. When the match ends I'm back being my individual self).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Low key homophobia is a favourite of the hard left collectivists. 

It’s obviously not as celebrated as the true left wing favourite though, anti-semitism.

You think Corbyn was left wing? Oh my goodness. Add naivety to your other wannabe failings. Me Me. Listen to Me Me.

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

You heard it here first - its called nice cop, bad cop. They've tried nice cop but now bad cop time. If I was VdL I would be putting Johnson publicly on the spot. 5th April deadline day.

They have been playing nice, secret cop since the late 1960's YF, funded by the Home office and coordinated by MI5, infiltrating just about every campaign to get justice for those who die in police custody, trying to find any edge/dirt on Stephen Lawrence families to rack up some smear story to make them look bad.

They infiltrated over 1000, mostly left leaning political parties, pressure groups, union groups and assemblies, had babies with women who they thought would be a good information base, working other with psychological fckuery driving them to drugs and depression, but only ever infiltrated right wing groups once, for a short period of time.

Read and watch your blood pressure rise....

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-03-16-britains-secret-political-police/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

You might need to look up paradigmatic shifts then (I was searching for Kuhn and found the above link which neatly referenced Dawkins). Or read about the collective unconscious (Jung the best source). If you can't believe in that then life will be experienced as a very disappointing affair.

If you want to be a real individual you'd be better having a personal avatar TRB not one that is universal. Just my opinion (as an individual but one who occasionally decides he likes to be part of a collective. Being with Norwich fans away from home being one time. When the match ends I'm back being my individual self).

“I’m an individual” he said, peering down from his copy of the guardian.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

You think Corbyn was left wing? Oh my goodness. Add naivety to your other wannabe failings. Me Me. Listen to Me Me.

I never said anything about Corbyn? Reading not your strong point, is it?

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I never said anything about Corbyn? Reading not your strong point, is it?

But your small imagination wouldn't look beyond Corbyn. In fact its quite easy to assume everything about you.

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But your small imagination wouldn't look beyond Corbyn. In fact its quite easy to assume everything about you.

When you “assume” you make an

“****” out of

“u” and

“me”

Just now, Van wink said:

Take it somewhere else FFS, this has been a half decent thread

I agree I don’t know what these guys are on, please continue guys.

On 16/03/2021 at 13:18, Yellow Fever said:

The point I was making is that if it happens once it will put peoples minds at rest that are vigilant - and it wont need to happen again (it will be easier to tell people its random).

GPs have warned that some patients in England are rejecting the AstraZeneca vaccine or simply not turning up for appointments, after a number of European countries suspended use of the jab over safety concerns.

Doctors are worried that the recent high-profile blood clot reports – which have driven much of western Europe to pause their rollouts of the jab – are fuelling an uptick in vaccine hesitancy within the UK, with appointment ‘no-show’ rates reaching up to 50 per cent at some vaccine sites.

Some patients have now started to reject the AstraZeneca vaccine, instead requesting a first dose of the Pfizer jab, GPs say. Others have been inundated with calls from people concerned about the reported blood clots.

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

GPs have warned that some patients in England are rejecting the AstraZeneca vaccine or simply not turning up for appointments, after a number of European countries suspended use of the jab over safety concerns.

Doctors are worried that the recent high-profile blood clot reports – which have driven much of western Europe to pause their rollouts of the jab – are fuelling an uptick in vaccine hesitancy within the UK, with appointment ‘no-show’ rates reaching up to 50 per cent at some vaccine sites.

Some patients have now started to reject the AstraZeneca vaccine, instead requesting a first dose of the Pfizer jab, GPs say. Others have been inundated with calls from people concerned about the reported blood clots.

Yes VW - I might be wrong here (And I'm very close to AZ as others know) but once this nonsense is cleared then AZ can rightfully claim an exhaustive investigation and hopefully a clean bill of health (has EMA pronounced yet?). Safer than a pint in the pub 😉 (and the most rigorous examination of all concerns of the results ever).

Make a positive out of it and sell it as such!

I hope that 'works' else I despair of people.

49 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes VW - I might be wrong here (And I'm very close to AZ as others know) but once this nonsense is cleared then AZ can rightfully claim an exhaustive investigation and hopefully a clean bill of health (has EMA pronounced yet?). Safer than a pint in the pub 😉 (and the most rigorous examination of all concerns of the results ever).

Make a positive out of it and sell it as such!

I hope that 'works' else I despair of people.

EMA will come out and say what they have said all along imo YF. I struggle with your view of dispair, it seems to me that when you see European national leaders speaking critically about the AZ vaccine, then we have the suspension of vaccinations based on spurious causal effect, we have a steady drip drip of negativity which will inevitably effect peoples appititite for the vaccine, thats human nature and really poor strategy during a pandemic. What worries me is its now seeming to effect peoples perceptions here.

Edited by Van wink

56 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I heard on radio that there were 5 cases of this blood clot problem in the UK so it is a tiny problem. So long as people are warned it should be OK. Hopefully. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

“I’m an individual” he said, peering down from his copy of the guardian.

I agree with VW.

Have tried to be constructive but just get jibes in return. Just enjoy life TRB and it really isn't important what lefties on this thread think. It is no threat to you and there is no need for all the defensive remarks. It's fine.

Read widely, be kind and never mind what folk post. Otherwise it becomes one of those threads that deteriorates. I'm happy if ever you wish to disagree. Likewise if you need the last word, also no problem. We are all individuals on here and the world is a full of them! Life is precious and that's what this very thread is about.

In that respect it really doesn't matter you know who is right or wrong.

• Like 1