Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Van - Tam should be PM.

Indeed............vaccine is no good sitting in a fridge

Not really sure what’s happening next month as only a couple of days ago gps were told get ready for silly numbers and the vaccine minister advised 1/3 that we had already been storing doses for jab 2 for 10 days

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/uks-covid-vaccine-rollout-set-for-significant-second-dose-push-in-march/

Now we are saying 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56435549

To be fair it’s exactly what I thought would be happening, but today’s story seems really strange and I am trying to get my head around it. My best guess is it was always going to be this way and by making it ‘ short notice ‘ gets an even higher % of dose 1 groups 1 - 9 done.

I’m under the impression it’s that new bookings as they will need to ramp up the second dose vaccinations? I know he said the vaccines are lumpy but I would imagine they will try to hit all vaccinations in the 50 by April then concentrate on second doses!

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Indeed............vaccine is no good sitting in a fridge

But it’s not just the EU. 100 million ( estimated ) AZ doses in US fridges that will almost certainly never be needed, why is nobody brave enough to challenge them ?

14 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You could have picked anyone, and you picked pound shop Hillary Clinton

Were you the fat one who got picked last?

Vaccine centres being asked to find other work for the staff in April.

Sounds like a genuine shortage

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

But it’s not just the EU. 100 million ( estimated ) AZ doses in US fridges that will almost certainly never be needed, why is nobody brave enough to challenge them ?

Absolutely.......and they all deserve to be called out.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m under the impression it’s that new bookings as they will need to ramp up the second dose vaccinations? I know he said the vaccines are lumpy but I would imagine they will try to hit all vaccinations in the 50 by April then concentrate on second doses!

Sounds like its reduced supply coming into the country

Edited by Van wink

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Were you the fat one who got picked last?

Were you the one that stalked people everywhere and got obsessed with people?

Edited by The Real Buh

Just now, Van wink said:

Sounds like its reduced supply coming into the country

Surely not imports, possibly from the EU? 😉

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Not really sure what’s happening next month as only a couple of days ago gps were told get ready for silly numbers and the vaccine minister advised 1/3 that we had already been storing doses for jab 2 for 10 days

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/uks-covid-vaccine-rollout-set-for-significant-second-dose-push-in-march/

Now we are saying 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56435549

To be fair it’s exactly what I thought would be happening, but today’s story seems really strange and I am trying to get my head around it. My best guess is it was always going to be this way and by making it ‘ short notice ‘ gets an even higher % of dose 1 groups 1 - 9 done.

Do we know if delaying the 2nd dose beyond the 12 weeks has any significant effect? Does our immune system need that 2nd dose sooner rather than later to boost itself?

If not, I would be happier to see everyone get at least one dose.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Were you the one that stalked people everywhere and got obsessed with people?

Look out, I'm a meme muncher.

Just now, BigFish said:

Surely not imports, possibly from the EU? 😉

Could be BF, but I suspect more likely from India.

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Hi Indy

I am using our normal COS info sources so got this about 1/2 before the BBC. As normal I stress they are not always right but part of the report suggests ( not sure what ) something happened a couple of hours before.

Just now, Van wink said:

Possibly VW, but that would be less entertaining.

Do any of the Vaccine masterminds on this thread know where the UK sources its vaccines, in what volume and where the issue could be?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Yes could well be, got it from India media I will keep checking the Serum Institute of India website. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Hi Indy

I am using our normal COS info sources so got this about 1/2 before the BBC. As normal I stress they are not always right but part of the report suggests ( not sure what ) something happened a couple of hours before.

Thanks WBB, it’ll be interesting come April, I love the fact that the press were put correct by Hancock that the EU factories and suppliers are still delivering their agreed quotas and the EU threat was for outside agreements vaccines.

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Do any of the Vaccine masterminds on this thread know where the UK sources its vaccines, in what volume and where the issue could be?

not sure any of this is entertaining, but each to his own.

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

I haven’t looked for 6 weeks but I thought Pfizer from Europe and a mixture of AZ from ourselves, Europe and I must say very small amounts from India, but I will check it out later ( football looming ).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Look out, I'm a meme muncher.

You’re a weak man amongst weak men. Boring.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

There must be a collective of strong men that the crazy frog belongs to. 

Ribbiting.

Touched a nerve, didn’t I...

I’m glad you are thinking about it, think on.

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

There must be a collective of strong men that the crazy frog belongs to. 

Ribbiting.

Maybe these guys?

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He must be on the second page of his carefully prepared spontaneous put downs.

I long ago came to the conclusion he's on something.

“Should I use the quote function or just deliberately not use it for some sort of weird “having the last word” sort of situation?” He asked, in a separate post that was kind of directed at somebody, I guess.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Deliberately timed I suspect to coincide with over 50’s being completed. They should have read the pink un and they could have said this in January lol.

I don’t think it will effect it but I would highly recommend anyone in groups 1 - 9 to make sure they get to their appointment, if indeed the reports are right. Hancock didn’t just mention it.

must admit, I'll be in a bit of a funny spot if I've been vaccinated with both jabs by mid May, along with the others in groups 1 to 9 and we are still in some form of lockdown.

It'll feel like a bit of a token gesture by that point since my efforts will be futile in containing the virus at that point.

I do sympathise somewhat with those a bit nervous about the virus that won't have had a chance to be jabbed at that point though, hopefully J and J with the 1 dose vaccine can ride in to save the day in may/June and we can all be happy.

Of course another of my theories is around susceptibility in that we may have done enough jabs to largely contain this outbreak anyway since it will barely be able to spread in places like hospitals and care homes once all those places have been double dosed meaning some basic measures may be enough to keep r down by then anyway.

Makes me think that maybe we should use any first dose ops in April to target susceptible groups like police and teachers and dare I say it elite sportsmen and women... (thinking Olympics and Euros...)