Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Anybody remember when many on here were bemoaning us not joining the EU Vaccine procurement scheme;  last in the queue and having to pay through the nose and accept liability? What we have seen from UVDL today is a refusal to accept responsibility for her own monumental fcuk up resulting in lashing out at everyone else. Threats and bluster is not a good look.

Still, they got it a bit cheaper and avoided the liability and didn't have to invest in manufacture and the supply logistics so at least there's a sort of win there if you squint a bit.

Are you still moaning on with your obsession. We left you halfwit, get over it. 

National

5758 - 141

image.png.fb495b9435665b520bb0a54a7ed6c796.png

image.png.12e1846a1f5fedfc89f7a523ea70f45a.png

Locally now at pandemic over levels.

image.thumb.png.0e8c0e85e40f2e6ca41ab2723e2eacee.png

image.thumb.png.d7bef7699eca073c5efe14b8b9ba38df.png

Over half a million today, including almosy 100k 2nd doses.

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Are you still moaning on with your obsession. We left you halfwit, get over it. 

Must be getting uncomfortable, even for you.

Not really, because I listen to the real facts rather than something pulled from the express. 

It's not brilliant, but it's not as terrible as you like to make and whoever makes the vaccine has the right not to pass it or sell on to a third country. Welcome to being next door to an economic powerhouse. You're going to have to get used to it. 

There are reports that from 29/3 there will be a major reduction in vaccine in the U.K., meaning mainly only second doses will be given for a month.

Again no surprise.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

There are reports that from 29/3 there will be a major reduction in vaccine in the U.K., meaning mainly only second doses will be given for a month.

Again no surprise.

I wonder if this will screw up the whole 21st June reopening idea?

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Again no surprise.

Yep, vaccinations for the under 50s postponed for at least a month.

4 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Deliberately timed I suspect to coincide with over 50’s being completed. They should have read the pink un and they could have said this in January lol.

I don’t think it will effect it but I would highly recommend anyone in groups 1 - 9 to make sure they get to their appointment, if indeed the reports are right. Hancock didn’t just mention it.

Just now, BigFish said:

Yep, vaccinations for the under 50s postponed for at least a month.

Ah thanks, I tend to get my stuff via places that I use on vaccines across the world.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

one point five million tests yesterday

Positives around 0.3%

Yep everybody in my sons college has had 4 tests in the last 5 days, costing me a fortune running him around.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Yep everybody in my sons college has had 4 tests in the last 5 days, costing me a fortune running him around.

My great grandson says they have had no positives at his school.

20 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Again no surprise.

Hey WBB that's really disappointing.  Has something changed because we had been had been hearing numbers would ramp up from the end of March, not down ?

The vaccine rollout has gone like clockwork so far, so it seems to me something much have changed.

Just now, ricardo said:

My great grandson says they have had no positives at his school.

For the week ending 12 March, cases in Manchester increased from 88.7 per 100,000 people, to 96.5. Largely down to the schools reopening and increased testing

Edited by BigFish

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Anybody remember when many on here were bemoaning us not joining the EU Vaccine procurement scheme;  last in the queue and having to pay through the nose and accept liability? What we have seen from UVDL today is a refusal to accept responsibility for her own monumental fcuk up resulting in lashing out at everyone else. Threats and bluster is not a good look.

Still, they got it a bit cheaper and avoided the liability and didn't have to invest in manufacture and the supply logistics so at least there's a sort of win there if you squint a bit.

I think EU nations did invest in manufacture. Might have been a germany only initiative though.

The EU also accepted that the 'Belgian schedule' did not reflect the full price and that it paid a price comparable to that paid by others.

Edited by Barbe bleu
  • Like 1

The EU is a threat to this country and should be treated in the same bracket as Russia

Edited by The Real Buh

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Hey WBB that's really disappointing.  Has something changed because we had been had been hearing numbers would ramp up from the end of March, not down ?

The vaccine rollout has gone like clockwork so far, so it seems to me something much have changed.

At a guess it is the focus on the first jab and delivering jabs faster than making them. Pinch is now those coming round for the second dose at the same time as stockpiles have been diminished. Not a crises but rather punctures a bit of the hubris arounf the programme.

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

I do not believe you when you say that Germany have invested more so you need to back it up with a link. 

Germany as a nation are ahead of us in terms of wealth, gdp etc. You are fond of quoting how the UK is so high in the table. But you say the EU is failing. 

So while you commenting on how bad you think they are, I quoted about Germany being better than us.

You of course are so blinkered, you didn't read the post properly and just assumed it meant the vaccine rollout.

22 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I cant see it.  The under 50,  no underlying conditions, not employed in health and social care, previously uninfected and no cheeky vaccine group is probably a lot smaller than most people realise. It is also unlikely to contain many people who wont shrug this off in a relatively small period.  I can't see the plan changing.

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

At a guess it is the focus on the first jab and delivering jabs faster than making them. Pinch is now those coming round for the second dose at the same time as stockpiles have been diminished. Not a crises but rather punctures a bit of the hubris arounf the programme.

Assuming it is all correct, they should have listened to the pink un I was slated ( as were others ) for suggesting April would be taken up by second doses in the main. 
@tetteysjig Hancock just confirmed there will be no delay with the overall unlocking.

We all know they have beggared it up. If it was anything else, we might be as derisory as many brexiteers are.

However, this isn't where we should be anything but concerned. It could affect out future.

Its not about winning Ricardo. The only thing we need to beat is the virus.

• Like 1

National

5758 - 141

image.png.fb495b9435665b520bb0a54a7ed6c796.png

image.png.12e1846a1f5fedfc89f7a523ea70f45a.png

Locally now at pandemic over levels.

image.thumb.png.0e8c0e85e40f2e6ca41ab2723e2eacee.png

image.thumb.png.d7bef7699eca073c5efe14b8b9ba38df.png

Over half a million today, including almosy 100k 2nd doses.

Weekly 7 day rolling decrease for new cases was 1.9% yesterday, 1.2% for today for the UK..decrease just holding on for now. For vaccination, the figures of around 36-37% of UK population having at least one dose compared to 5% in rest of Europe is a stunning difference. No idea what UVDL is now harping on about, her handling over the vaccine  programes since the start has been a complete mess  of mass proportions.

So good to see the local infection rates so very low now compared to a few weeks ago.

The only thing we need to beat is the virus.

In June when nobody knew what if any vaccines there would be  ( China and America apart ) Governments all said this. As Sarah Gilbert feared, the rich countries would not really do it though. 

57 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Lots of accidents ahead in this lane.

image.png.e30b78cad12b99489f99dbdeb89f5641.png

What are you, Moy and Dan actually angry about??

The fact that they made a bit of a mess and risked the lives of Europeans?

Or...

The fact that they are trying to rectify their mistakes therefore saving the lives of Europeans?

Pick one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

What are you, Moy and Dan actually angry about??

The fact that they made a bit of a mess and risked the lives of Europeans?

Or...

The fact that they are trying to rectify their mistakes therefore saving the lives of Europeans?

Pick one.

You could have picked anyone, and you picked pound shop Hillary Clinton