Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread - Newcastle

23 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I yearn for the days when I looked a bit narrow. Nowadays I'm showing just a bit more width that I should.

The real problem starts when you get the overlap

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

We really should be winning and we must win. Newcastle are just ordinary really.

We've played and lost to a lot of ordinary teams this season CP.

Not looking good, West spam, Watford & Bournemouth all 2-0 up. As it stands we’ll be 8 points from safety.

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

How many more times are we going to get it into the 6 yard box. Crap tackle from Cantwell. Needs replacing for VRancic or Emi.

If we're talking about the foul that got him a yellow, it was excellent. They were breaking on us at pace and he stopped it in a non dangerous position. Well worth a yellow. However, he hasn't been good so far.

Edited by All the Germans

Newcastle are there for the taking, they are poor. We must capitalise 

Quite a typical game from us. Better stats on number of attacks, corners and possession but still we can't score. 

The game is there for the taking.

Another half of wasted chances unfortunately, been well in control for most of the game but looking nervous as we approach the box. I would test out Buendia in the 2nd to give us a little more flair in the final 3rd

Good first half performance with plenty of chances created. Should have scored at least one. No real standout players for me. Not seen much from Ruup and when he has had the ball he has played it backwards.  Emi for Ruup would be my preference. 

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

If we're talking about the foul that got him a yellow, it was excellent. They were breaking on us at pace and he stopped it in a non dangerous position. Well worth a yellow. However, he hasn't been good so far.

I'm a big fan of Todd but he has been way off the pace today. Jumping under bouncing balls, misplacing passes and not really offering anything positive in a half we've dominated.

54 minutes ago, JF said:

Ducking hell! Newcastle’s players look like absolute units in the tunnel. I hope we’re not going to be bullied out of this 

That's why Mclean is chosen over Mario

I think McLean has been okay. He's good in the air in that position and always looks to get forward on the half turn.

Cantwell would be my change, isn't displaying enough effort when tracking back. Emi or Hernandez on, their defence can def be got at. 

For once I want to see a half time or 60th minute sub.... I  would like two subs before the 80th and certainly not when we concede.

Just now, Fuzzar said:

I think McLean has been okay. He's good in the air in that position and always looks to get forward on the half turn.

Cantwell would be my change, isn't displaying enough effort when tracking back. Emi or Hernandez on, their defence can def be got at. 

Agree - would like to see Emi link with Pukki.

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

I just hope we don’t leave it too late to introduce Buendia. 

I fear Farke will do exactly that, we're playing well so he wont change it, despite the fact Todd is off colour today and should be subbed at half time for me 

6 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I'm a big fan of Todd but he has been way off the pace today. Jumping under bouncing balls, misplacing passes and not really offering anything positive in a half we've dominated.

I don't disagree but his 'tackle' (foul) was definitely a good decision to stop the break. It's traditionally what we've not done enough of.

I'd give him 10 - 15 minutes of the second half and take him off then if he hasn't improved.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1

I think we are clearly the better side so far, but it’s the Danny Murphy thing again - we haven’t been able to convert that into goals - and my heart is in my mouth every time they get near our box. As many have said, we’re crying out for Emi, Vrancic, good as he can be, will be too lightweight.