Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread - Newcastle

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JF said:

 Nope 

Of course they're not. Theres always a few silly posts on here, and some have got it into their head that subs are the answer to everything, but apart from that I think everyone is behind him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Do we need to talk about Teemu?

Lacking the crispness of finishing for the last 2 months really, which is really surprising given how good we know he is.

Taking too long to get the shot away too many times in the last few games. 
Is he totally fit?

Has he been sussed by other teams and not given space

 

Don’t see many other options though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And with a misfiring Pukki, still Farke plays him for a full 90mins every game. He needs a rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Samwam27 said:

And with a misfiring Pukki, still Farke plays him for a full 90mins every game. He needs a rest.

He’s got one now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope our approach to the Premier League this season means we hit the ground running in the Championship next season. We'll lose players, but it wont be wholesale changes unless we consent, unlike teams for whom relegation is an absolute disaster which impacts on them for years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

We've won 4 all season, and that was with a bang in form Pukki. Quite why anyone thinks we can win 8 of the last 13 or whatever with a misfiring Pukki is utterly beyond me. As is why anyone would even want to stay up. **** league, with 6 good teams who are the only ones who can win anything and 14 **** teams setting up not lose most weeks and a fair few of them playing hoofball to do it (not to mention corrupt VAR shafting us every week - how that tackle today was a yellow for Bentaleb when it was almost carbon copy of Godfrey - studs up, lunging, out of control....  of course VAR doesn't overturn that and send him off though).

Bring on the Champs - can't come soon enough. It may not be full of superstars, but it's an honest league with proper fans not plastic tossers and **** refs who are genuinely just a bit ****, instead of still somehow being **** despite a world of technology available to help them.

I didn't say we could win 8, it was a hope that we might be competitive enough to have a chance. Today, we were there on par with Newcastle. Agree with you on lots of your other points and about the Champs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

And with a misfiring Pukki, still Farke plays him for a full 90mins every game. He needs a rest.

Theyve all got one now for a fortnight...do we know which warmer clime they're all flying off to??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JF said:

 Nope 

A little I think. We'll how we start next season before looking for pitch forks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CANARYKING said:

He’s got one now

FFS didn;t realise we don't have a game next week. The prem really is ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm nowhere near a down as some seem to be after this game. Newcastle were not good, but they often played will all 11 behind the ball. It was always going to be tough to break that and put one away. A few chances for Pukki where you would like to one in the net, but nothing that you say he must score that. They let us control the game and played a solidly frustrating style today.

A point is a fine result with lots of games still to come. Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City are the only games where I can't see us grabbing points. Every other game there are 3 for the taking. Our form has been good as of late, were not getting rolled over by other teams, and if anything we look to be the better side on the pitch. Many of our remaining games are against those around us with multiple "six-pointers" to come. Definitely not done yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Are the fans losing faith with Farke 

The impatient, glory hunting idiots are.

Anyone with a brain realises what he’s done and is doing for the club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

True, we could’ve lost, as he’s far less likely to have won the headers that McLean did to clear away from goal, or be strong enough to hold off the mountains Newcastle have in midfield and attack.

Lets be clear, Mclean was not the reason we didn’t win but was a big reason we didn’t lose. 

We didn’t need Vrancic to create chances as we did that anyway. It was the finishing that was the problem

I wouldn't have dropped Mclean, I'd have dropped Tettey. 

Tettey was a passenger today and Mclean did much more effective work defensively. Tettey's legs have gone and it's probably the most frustrating thing that he hasn't been properly replaced. 

As for chances created, fair comment. But we'd have been much more dangerous from set pieces with Vrancic playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mind the gap said:

Hardly attempts on goal. Have'nt seen.many fingertip saves from their goalie. All powder puff stuff.

I’ll lend you my specs if you like. Ridiculous statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I hope our approach to the Premier League this season means we hit the ground running in the Championship next season. We'll lose players, but it wont be wholesale changes unless we consent, unlike teams for whom relegation is an absolute disaster which impacts on them for years

I personally think there will be a massive clear out the colour of money will be too much for the board to turn away from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Do we need to talk about Teemu?

Lacking the crispness of finishing for the last 2 months really, which is really surprising given how good we know he is.

Whisper it but yes. Moving well still but he's had alot of chances that he's taking too long over, not lifting a little or hitting hard enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Don't get the Emi love-in. He came on and promptly spent his time on his ar se waving his hands in the air. a show pony that offers little at this level

Offers nothing??? Haha! Righto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Don't get the Emi love-in. He came on and promptly spent his time on his ar se waving his hands in the air. a show pony that offers little at this level

Don't think he's an impact player, not like Hernandez anyway. More a tempo player, better suited from the start where he can dictate. He'll start the next game anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chumino said:

Whisper it but yes. Moving well still but he's had alot of chances that he's taking too long over, not lifting a little or hitting hard enough. 

I think it’s the pressure of knowing it’s all on his shoulders. If others were chipping in with goals he’d have buried at least one today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Il Pirata said:

Don't think he's an impact player, not like Hernandez anyway. More a tempo player, better suited from the start where he can dictate. He'll start the next game anyway. 

Emi came on and put Pukki in on goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, baldy09 said:

I personally think there will be a massive clear out the colour of money will be too much for the board to turn away from

That's not necessarily a bad thing though. We cant compete at all with Premier League teams in terms of finances, not even a number of Championship teams it would seem.

If we harvest our most juicy assets, thats a lot of money, with which a lot could be done to move the club forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

We've won 4 all season, and that was with a bang in form Pukki. Quite why anyone thinks we can win 8 of the last 13 or whatever with a misfiring Pukki is utterly beyond me. As is why anyone would even want to stay up. **** league, with 6 good teams who are the only ones who can win anything and 14 **** teams setting up not lose most weeks and a fair few of them playing hoofball to do it (not to mention corrupt VAR shafting us every week - how that tackle today was a yellow for Bentaleb when it was almost carbon copy of Godfrey - studs up, lunging, out of control....  of course VAR doesn't overturn that and send him off though).

Bring on the Champs - can't come soon enough. It may not be full of superstars, but it's an honest league with proper fans not plastic tossers and **** refs who are genuinely just a bit ****, instead of still somehow being **** despite a world of technology available to help them.

That's some rant. If you aren't aiming for the top league, and trying to stay there, what's the point of going up? Should we just try to stay in the Championship forever? There's only one way that will lead.

OTBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Don't think he's an impact player, not like Hernandez anyway. More a tempo player, better suited from the start where he can dictate. He'll start the next game anyway. 

Agree, he doesnt come on and change the game in the way Hernandez could, but often doesnt get enough time to do. Nor Vrancic really. They contribute best when they start

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

..a point away at newcastle isnt a bad point...its probably quite a good point

Its the results home and away vs Villa, Watford (h)...the 2 pts thrown away at home to Palace...which has put us where we are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, percy varco said:

Taking too long to get the shot away too many times in the last few games. 
Is he totally fit?

Has he been sussed by other teams and not given space

 

Don’t see many other options though 

I think he looks jaded and injured. He wants a touch too long to shoot, and when he does it doesn't  come with the  conviction we're used to seeing from him- if this was a Hollywood film, I'd say he's been bribed by the Finland FA not to keep us up or he can't play at the Euros his finishing has been so poor.

There's plenty of positives today- Rupp looks like a PL Stiepermann in that he pops up from nowhere to fashion chances on goal. Hanley and Zimmermann look as solid at the back as we've seen this year. McLean looks settled and the fullbacks continue to be a source of strength for us.

But it's frustrating to watch us flog a shattered Pukki, give Cantwell most of the game when most of the threat piled through his side, and send Amadou home when Tettey looked like he had already played 90 minutes today. I stopped being annoyed at the idea we wouldn't stay up a while back and instead take every game as it comes; despite this I still finish our games annoyed as there seems to be a lot of easy things we could do and be banking a lot more points than we do .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we all admit we are going down now with Liverpool  next that must be it .  Shame as we are a nearly good side 

Edited by Yellowhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

That's some rant. If you aren't aiming for the top league, and trying to stay there, what's the point of going up? Should we just try to stay in the Championship forever? There's only one way that will lead.

OTBC

What is the point in being in the top league making up the numbers every week? I'll take the ups and downs of being a yoyo club over spending a decade being participants without a hope of doing anything and getting beat 60% of the time but just doing enough to stay up. We haven't got the money to make any kind of serious assault on the top 6 or even the top half. I'd rather take my chances going down than stay up and endure another **** season like this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...