Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

The EU currently has access to the 5th largest economy in the world and the worlds number one financial centre -- The UK is also the EU’s number one trading partner -- The UK is one half of The EU’s two UN big five seats -- We're the EU’s most capable armed forces --  We're one of the EU’s two nuclear armed powers -- We're the world’s number one soft power and the EU’s most creative and inventive member -- We're the EU's world leader in the film industry - 23% global box office take -- We're the EU’s largest diplomatic network -- We're the EU’s largest tech hub -- We're the world’s no. 1 city for fintech investment -- We're the EU's only member of the five “eyes” -- We're the EU’s most capable intelligence service -- We're the EU’s largest job creating economy -- We have 4 of the global top 10 universities, whilst the EU has none in the top 10 -- We're the EU's second largest net contributor -- We're the world’s third largest food exporter -- We're the EU’s largest maker of satellites -- Our guaranteed IMF, world trade, G7, 8 or 20 agreement -- We're the EU’s second largest foreign aid budget -- We give the EU loads of free fish -- We have the largest share of Nobel Prize winners and the UK is 2nd in the Olympic medal chart...

And you Remainiac clowns believe the EU are tired of the UK and would be better off without us 🤪 If that was the case, why has it taken four years and Barnier's most recent plea for a transition period extension to get where we're at now?

Get it through your thick, Lefty skulls --- They need us more than we need them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

This is all pretty sick-making. Posters apologising in good grace and posters accepting in good grace. No-one wants the forum clogged up with this kind of feelgood nonsense. Still, to look on the bright side, at least the slightly convoluted history to this multi-thread spat and heartwarming reconciliation has yet again proved a helpfully debunking truth about conspiracy theories.

No 'conspiracies', just clear evidence of RTB claiming to be Barbe Blue

And there is no 'theory' about it either

It is plain for all to see

ps thanks for giving me a chance to remind folk 😋

I would expect all decent folk would welcome the news (below) and commend all those involved

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8482787/Met-police-stage-dramatic-dawn-raid-smash-crime-gangs-secret-phone-network.html

However if you are a rightie then won't be the case, as their desperate wish to chuck themselves off a financial cliff to placate their bigoted views would mean the UK is outside of Europol - from where the info came. There may be a few bigoty old ex-coppers who don't like 'furriners', but those above PC Plod level certainly recognise the benefits of cross border co-operation

But never mind. You can always trust the righties to take stupidity to another level. Yep, more cuts to the police.

"Police are facing a “new era of austerity” with some forces potentially facing their worst ever annual budget cuts fuelled by the coronavirus crisis.

One force told the Guardian it expected bigger annual budget cuts than in the years of austerity. “We hope to make a case to government to give us a better settlement than we are fearing,” a senior source said.

The force in question is actively considering moving uniformed officers into civilian roles and making staff redundant. That means new officers will not be fighting crime but instead be in offices and call handling centres: “We could meet the headline number of [new] officers but more are pushing pens to help with the big savings,” one source said.

These are the righties who thought that the way to deal with immigration concerns was to cut the number of immigration officers, the same with benefit fraud. The way to deal with immigration concerns was to remove the need for migrants to register with local authorities. Was to stop that naughty Labour policy of checking who came in and who left the country

Yes, in the wonderful world of the rightie, it is everyone's fault - bar those who caused it.

Well this was news I didn't expect to see. They don't even have a leader at the moment so getting elected in Minneapolis is all the more impressive!

• Haha 1

"Yes, in the wonderful world of the rightie, it is everyone's fault - bar those who caused it." 

Ably backed by the Labour party, they have backed the conservatives on every move so far ! 

Yet again Johnson brings up an Australian deal. Who is he trying to con? 

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Yet again Johnson brings up an Australian deal. Who is he trying to con? 

The public obviously. To be fair, they'll fall for it too.

One of our greatest trading partners (rubs hands with excitement).

12 hours ago, Herman said:

We know you ****ing idiot, but they are in a slightly better state than us. 

I would say that in most EU countries they are actually in a much better state than us, only Spain and Italy really get anywhere near the terrible performance of the UK.

13 hours ago, Jools said:

Our guaranteed IMF, world trade, G7, 8 or 20 agreement

Whatever does that mean? Is it even in English?

17 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

" we need a proper deal. And whether we leave or not should be dependent on that"

I agree, unfortunately that isn't the position the UK is in. 😔

And there it is - " I really never wanted a deal anyway, I just lied when I said I did" or words to that effect.

20 minutes ago, Surfer said:

And there it is - " I really never wanted a deal anyway, I just lied when I said I did" or words to that effect.

I would say that what Boris actually says is "an Australian style agreement" - but he has said that before and got this response.

In a speech to the EU’s parliament in Strasbourg, Ursula Von der Leyen noted that the bloc only trades with Australia on World Trade Organization (WTO) terms. 

She said: “I was surprised to hear the UK prime minister speak about the Australian model. The EU does not have a trade agreement with Australia... In fact, we just are in the moment where we are agreeing with Australia that we must end this situation, and we were going to try to deal with them.”

Any agreement will not be a matter of snipping a finger or two, working it out with a pencil or by spending reams of paper professing that we know what we want, when we want it and that its all somebody else's fault that we are too lazy to work it out.

It takes a minimum of 5 years for a rapidly worked out trade deal. Dreamers like Ms. Truss, of the opinion that she can magic three trade deals by the end of the year, with her Sheila appeal, some girly swinging of hips and the thrust of the PM behind her, will fall flat on their noses.

Maybe, if we still have access to EU markets, we can ensure that bn-investors in green energies and sustainable innovation might want to use us as a springboard to a more lucrative market, but they might have a far less complicated agreement already.

If we leave without a deal, and I said so after the referendum on Radio Norfolk, when ex Tory candidate Nick Conrad, then still in his job as radio Norfolk spin master, this country will regress into a depression and recession of unknown proportions, just asked any economist.

Lucky us, the pandemic has put a stop to all elections, dentists are still shut, minor operations not carried out by GP's/hospital, hairdressers are nil to a penny, but we can drink and mix in our pubs from tomorrow, marvelous.

But we can’t play cricket - because of the huge risks of “taking tea” and “changing rooms”  - even though we can all get pissed in a pub.  

Outside of golf, sailing, cycling and baseball I can’t think of a sport that has MORE social distancing than cricket  And certainly none more in tune with the true spirit of  “England”’

So just like “negotiation” with the EU - designed to fail because the ”investors” want no rules and no exposure to taxation.... all the “little people” can go to hell, it’s whatever his mates want. And we still don’t know who his mates really are. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Surfer said:

But we can’t play cricket - because of the huge risks of “taking tea” and “changing rooms”  - even though we can all get pissed in a pub.  

Outside of golf, sailing, cycling and baseball I can’t think of a sport that has MORE social distancing than cricket  And certainly none more in tune with the true spirit of  “England”’

They just need to stop spitting on their balls😉

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

"Yes, in the wonderful world of the rightie, it is everyone's fault - bar those who caused it." 

Ably backed by the Labour party, they have backed the conservatives on every move so far ! 

another blatant lie from mouse brain

.....unless he has some evidence of that

'And there it is - " I really never wanted a deal anyway, I just lied when I said I did" or words to that effect.' 

He wasn't even bothered whether we left or not let alone what deal we get. He only jumped on the leave bandwagon as he saw it as his best chance to get the top job. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

'And there it is - " I really never wanted a deal anyway, I just lied when I said I did" or words to that effect.' 

He wasn't even bothered whether we left or not let alone what deal we get. He only jumped on the leave bandwagon as he saw it as his best chance to get the top job. 

Agree, his Brexit stance was his take of the best way to secure his future as world king. Delivering anything has been a real problem for him. You don't have to be a psychologist to see how he struggles communicating, what  he believes in, the articulation of his thoughts with any clarity. It's a few favoured Latin phrases and bluster. He cannot do the detail either, indicating a poor grasp on what is good governance. Of all the leaders they may have selected they got him just because he was the loudest voice on Brexit and because of his media presence. The virus and Brexit have found him out.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

he was 'found pout' decades ago. Only he knows there are enough stupid people who want the delusions voiced.

His whole career has been one of following what stupidity offers him - a platform.

Unfortunately when you are so shallow, that craving for the baubles of power can be so easily seen.....for those willing to see it.

A self centred narcissist (who still dyes his hair), unable to see the greater concerns of his lying...... only the supposed glorious sunny uplands of his career.

A true Icarus de nos jours

Johnson Lies (pt 94)

Here the fat fraud tells the assembled idiots that there will be no border checks on goods going from GB to NI (30 secs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7NFfUOJwDE

whereas -

Under a new “Goods Vehicle Movement Service” (GVMS) system, hauliers or the owners of the freight will be obliged to pre-lodge three types of electronic paperwork before getting on a ferry from British ports such as Liverpool or Cairnryan in Scotland to Northern Ireland.

• The first paperwork applying to suppliers is an import declaration form setting out the customs code or codes for all the goods being transported to Northern Ireland.
  • Second, the supplier will have to complete a safety and security declaration, paperwork that is currently waived on all goods being sold within the EU’s single market.
  • Suppliers will then have to provide their truckers with a transit accompanying document (TAD) which must remain with the vehicle at all times so the EU can be guaranteed that the load that departs Great Britain is the same as the one arrives.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/02/first-details-emerge-of-system-for-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea

So, taking back control of our borders means having customs checks, monitored by the EU, inside sovereign UK territory

And the current virus threat has shown that the UK has full control of its borders, which somehow it chose not to apply previously

And it appears that if 'naughty' foreign fishermen try to take our fish we can take them to court to stop them, at the .............. ..................err, ECJ

ever been had, Brexiteers ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jools said:

The EU currently has access to the 5th largest economy (India is the 5th largest economy, the EU still has the 4th, 7th, 8th and 13th largest economies) in the world and the worlds number one financial centre (New York), the UK, is also the EU’s number one trading partner (the EU is the UK's largest trading partner, the USA is the EU's largest trading partner). The UK is one half of The EU’s two UN (Security Council) big five seats. We're the EU’s most capable armed forces (capable??). We're one of the EU’s two nuclear armed powers (great, NATO is still around). We're the world’s number one soft power (it's actually France) and the EU’s most creative and inventive member. We're the EU's world leader in the film industry (23% global box office take). We're the EU’s largest diplomatic network (again this is France). We're the EU’s largest tech hub. We're the world’s no. 1 city for fintech investment. We're the EU's only member of the five “eyes” (so what? There's also 9 eyes and 14 eyes which include a lot of EU nations) We're the EU’s most capable intelligence service (capable again?). We're the EU’s largest job creating economy. We have 4 of the global top 10 universities, whilst the EU has none in the top 10. We're the EU's second largest net contributor. We're the world’s third largest food exporter. We're the EU’s largest maker of satellites. Our guaranteed IMF, world trade, G7, 8 or 20 agreement (not even sure wtf you mean). We're the EU’s second largest foreign aid budget. We give the EU loads of free fish. We have the largest share of Nobel Prize winners (great!) and the UK is 2nd in the Olympic medal chart (because the EU compete in the Olympics and want to look better?). 

More absolute drivel! Do you actually believe the things that you say or do you knowingly like to disinform people? 

More nonsense just like the politicians that you look up to. 

Please people, have a go at a little research if you don't believe me. 

(I also took out those horrible hyphens as they were making me queasy and added some punctuation) 

8 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

More absolute drivel! Do you actually believe the things that you say or do you knowingly like to disinform people? 

(I also took out those horrible hyphens as they were making me queasy and added some punctuation) 

I wouldn't take him seriously

No better when he was Mad Moy, or that Buh thing

He is supposed to be a pee take on everything that is stupid about Brexit - though he does get rather over excited about us laughing at righties

reply at your peril

4 hours ago, NFN FC said:

😀

'India is the 5th largest economy' ..https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-48475236/what-is-really-happening-with-india-s-economy

Seems your beloved Lefty BBC are not as certain you are about that.

Also -- EU trade balance where the UK is concerned - minus 67,024 --- US trade balance where the UK is concerned - 41,851...

Do you know what the word 'deficit' means? I can tell you for free that deficit is not advantageous for the UK.

As to the rest of your Lefty rant, all I'm reading is 'Capable', 'capable'...

The real question here is: Are you capable of rational thought?

NFN FC --- "Please people, have a go at a little research if you don't believe me."

You need to practise what you preach 😀

On 02/07/2020 at 23:54, PurpleCanary said:

This is all pretty sick-making. Posters apologising in good grace and posters accepting in good grace. No-one wants the forum clogged up with this kind of feelgood nonsense. Still, to look on the bright side, at least the slightly convoluted history to this multi-thread spat and heartwarming reconciliation has yet again proved a helpfully debunking truth about conspiracy theories.

Careful, someone may accuse you of being Nightfly. 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Johnson Lies (pt 94)

Here the fat fraud tells the assembled idiots that there will be no border checks on goods going from GB to NI (30 secs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7NFfUOJwDE

whereas -

Under a new “Goods Vehicle Movement Service” (GVMS) system, hauliers or the owners of the freight will be obliged to pre-lodge three types of electronic paperwork before getting on a ferry from British ports such as Liverpool or Cairnryan in Scotland to Northern Ireland.

• The first paperwork applying to suppliers is an import declaration form setting out the customs code or codes for all the goods being transported to Northern Ireland.
  • Second, the supplier will have to complete a safety and security declaration, paperwork that is currently waived on all goods being sold within the EU’s single market.
  • Suppliers will then have to provide their truckers with a transit accompanying document (TAD) which must remain with the vehicle at all times so the EU can be guaranteed that the load that departs Great Britain is the same as the one arrives.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/02/first-details-emerge-of-system-for-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea

So, taking back control of our borders means having customs checks, monitored by the EU, inside sovereign UK territory

And the current virus threat has shown that the UK has full control of its borders, which somehow it chose not to apply previously

And it appears that if 'naughty' foreign fishermen try to take our fish we can take them to court to stop them, at the .............. ..................err, ECJ

ever been had, Brexiteers ?

There will be no EU customs staff on British soil. None. Zero. Zilch

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

There will be no EU customs staff on British soil. None. Zero. Zilch

Really. Is that a pinky promise? And what about on the EU side then? 

Does Northern Ireland count as British soil now or have the brexiters happily discarded that?