Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

one way of demonstrating that you are not a racist ..................................is to post up a link to a racist clip

not too bright our mouse brain 😅

Look at the comments. No wonder Swindo got himself in a mess. He's been radicalised.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Look at the comments. No wonder Swindo got himself in a mess. He's been radicalised.

Oswindo bin lyan

image.jpg

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

one way of demonstrating that you are not a racist ..................................is to post up a link to a racist clip

not too bright our mouse brain 😅

tell me where that's Racist !   billy liar 

15 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

If this is where you get your news... 

🤦‍♂️

An indication of what his mindset is

If you are searching for hateful bigotry that relies heavily upon misrepresentation and lies

............................. then, guess what ?

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

If you are searching for hateful bigotry that relies heavily upon misrepresentation and lies.

Take a hard look in the mirror and repeat that sentence to yourself several times, Anglophobe.

• Like 1

You lot are unbelievable = MOB RULE , OF THOSE WANTING TO STAY IN THE EU AGAINST THOSE THAT ARE MAKING THE CORRECT DECISION !

Edited by SwindonCanary

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You lot are unbelievable = MOB RULE , OF THOSE WANTING TO STAY IN THE EU AGAINST THOSE THAT ARE MAKING THE CORECT DECISION !

It's a shame nothing like 3 million Hong Kongers will come to the UK --- Although the ones that do could be swapped with the Third-Worlders here and a good chunk of Remainiacs who've promised to leave Blighty on exiting the EU...

The average IQ of the nation would rise considerably 👍😀

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

It's a shame nothing like 3 million Hong Kongers will come to the UK --- Although the ones that do could be swapped with the Third-Worlders here and a good chunk of Remainiacs who've promised to leave Blighty on exiting the EU...

getting desperate now......

Just now, Bill said:

getting desperate now......

Said the alt-left Remainiac who cannot for the life of himself accept we've left the EU 😀

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

They were protesting against BLM/Antifa who went about desecrating their country's history in the previous week and they had every right to do so --- If the police had been in full riot gear and dealt with BLM/Antifa in that previous week the same as they did with protesters in that video, then there wouldn't have been no need for the latter to show their indignation.

In the meantime, it's a relief to see the idiots backtracking on the BLM/Antifa cobblers:

“The BBC has now banned #BlackLivesMatter badges being worn on screen. Apparently they’ve finally learned how to read and found out what BLM UK actually stands for.”

42 minutes ago, Jools said:

What are Third-worlders? 

People of colour. From Johnson to Jools brexit will always be tainted with the whiff of racism and that is why I and millions of others detest it. 

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

can you see him running a 2:22 marathon as I've done ?

SWINDO. Some say your ex ran away from you even quicker.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

SWINDO. Some say your ex ran away from you even quicker.

Only people that voted to stay in the EU = MOB RULE

Stanley Johnson gets himself to Greece when nobody else is allowed. 

34 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I am conscious of discrimination on this board and other forms of oppression and injustice from those that are against us leaving the EU  =  MOB RULE !

Article here from Monibot. Explains how SOME (not all) Brexiters see things. Certainly, there have been unpleasant views expressed in this thread (which are at least on the public record) echo themes expressed by the author.

It's a place we seem to be arriving at as a country.... Little debate allowed, a lack of trust in leadership and blind following by gullible people who have a very binary view of the world.

If people put arguments up, Jools just tells people they are remainiacs, Swindon calls folk out as being part of mob rule. I can see the disrespect you hold posters to. And I don't post personalised comments. But I do ask questions. Questions can at least try to evoke answers that increase understanding of someone's view.

Yesterday evening I couldn't believe that Jools posted "where are you remainiacs" in the middle of a Norwich City match! Just what does a person doing this really think of everyone? Where does this kind of provocation end? Why do that whilst a match is being played? Is this person a real fan? Is Brexit and argument more important to him? What must be one's state of mind? Does argument reaffirm something that is missing in the soul? A validation?

What about the opposite of this? Genuine respectful debate?

I realise I shouldn't post my comments on here because I will be added to some list of lefty remainiacs. The article is worth posting however. Which in two minutes will no doubt be rubbished and not discussed rationally ....

Trump and Johnson aren't replaying the 1930s – but it's just as frightening

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/02/donald-trump-boris-johnson-fascism-us-uk-rightwing?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I am conscious of discrimination on this board and other forms of oppression and injustice from those that are against us leaving the EU  =  MOB RULE !

SWINDO you fvckwit.. you have no idea how I voted in the referendum, or any other member on here unless they have stated it. Whichever way I voted I would still call you a fvckwit and a LIAR.

38 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Article here from Monibot. Explains how SOME (not all) Brexiters see things. Certainly, there have been unpleasant views expressed in this thread (which are at least on the public record) echo themes expressed by the author.

It's a place we seem to be arriving at as a country.... Little debate allowed, a lack of trust in leadership and blind following by gullible people who have a very binary view of the world.

If people put arguments up, Jools just tells people they are remainiacs, Swindon calls folk out as being part of mob rule. I can see the disrespect you hold posters to. And I don't post personalised comments. But I do ask questions. Questions can at least try to evoke answers that increase understanding of someone's view.

Yesterday evening I couldn't believe that Jools posted "where are you remainiacs" in the middle of a Norwich City match! Just what does a person doing this really think of everyone? Where does this kind of provocation end? Why do that whilst a match is being played? Is this person a real fan? Is Brexit and argument more important to him? What must be one's state of mind? Does argument reaffirm something that is missing in the soul? A validation?

What about the opposite of this? Genuine respectful debate?

I realise I shouldn't post my comments on here because I will be added to some list of lefty remainiacs. The article is worth posting however. Which in two minutes will no doubt be rubbished and not discussed rationally ....

Trump and Johnson aren't replaying the 1930s – but it's just as frightening

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/02/donald-trump-boris-johnson-fascism-us-uk-rightwing?

Sony, I think that you are 371 pages too late for a debate on this thread!

There are two sides, both deeply entrenched and neither is actually achieving anything!

10 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

SWINDO you fvckwit.. you have no idea how I voted in the referendum, or any other member on here unless they have stated it. Whichever way I voted I would still call you a fvckwit and a LIAR.

I will put money on it that you voted to stay in the EU as you always say I'm wrong when putting down the EU As well as always calling me names  

Edited by SwindonCanary

17 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

There are two sides, both deeply entrenched and neither is actually achieving anything!

300 pages are you moaning about how crappy the thread is. 

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

300 pages are you moaning about how crappy the thread is. 

Ok, 300 pages without worthwhile debate then!

I'm not moaning, I barely read this thread so cannot be offended by the 'quality'.

I suppose I posted out of admiration at sonyc's (futile)attempts to inject something beyond the playground name calling into the discussion.  I guess he doesn't realise how happy the regular posters are in the playground.

27 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

It is a kind of mutual thing I believe. Both sides of the argument need each other in some respects. Otherwise, it would be a dead thread a long while ago. People get meaning in this debate. The meaning I fear just serves to underline a world view. Yet it is a successful thread and no harm in adding to it (for me only now and then).

Recently, I posted a cartoon (about never having clean hands, ...if one voted for this government), which of course was political. We all have world views. Yet I was then criticised for having this view ....along the lines of "I expected better of you" and later a sarcastic aside on my intelligence, which was not meant in a very respectful way. I don't respond with personalised comment. I try and stay neutral that way. On the issues though, I do have a view.

That's the issue BB. People conflate political views with a personalisation. It's like poor parenting, criticising a child for something but not separating the behaviour. It's not a left or right thing. But posters like to label you, define you, compartmentalise ... On that issue it's worth a battle for ideas. That article summed it up nicely (and I don't agree with 100% of it nor claim to understand it fully in parts... but the thrust of his view I certainly agreed with). I see some folk as kinds of bullies. Worth standing my ground for.

I would like less personalisation though and you're probably right about the thread being passed that. Does a small voice in all that help? Possibly not ...immediately.