Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

26 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Emotions do not always transcend the written word all that well but when I commented on your intelligence it was not done sarcastically. If that is what you felt then I apologise for not expressing myself better. I meant it as a complement that even though we have differing opinions you normally express those views in a moderate way. I was a little surprised that on that particular occasion you were getting down in the gutter where the rest of us operate.

I am often asked by those of slightly lesser intellect.... what evidence do you have that Hand Crank is RTB, and now is also Barbe Blue

Well take a look at the quote above.

Originally it was BB commenting on SonyC's post

Rock the Boat has only posted on the Brexit thread once (other than the above) since early May. With no comment about SonyC's post. Yet here he is claiming to have posted BB's words.

I cannot put it out there more clearly

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Talks have broken down because the two sides are far apart. The UK want to be independent and not ruled by the EU=  SIMPLE

Whilst the EU want a level playing field meaning the EU will decide on open and fair competitions between Businesses 

And a sustainable and long team solution for their fishermen/woman

And An overarching institutional Framework and effective dispute mechanism 

This is not good. It was meant to be the easiest deal in history. Vote Leave said we would negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start the legal process to leave 

I remain hopeful we can negotiate that great new deal. We're leaving, we need to move on 

16 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

We're leaving, we need to move on 

Not if you want this country to succeed ... we need a proper deal. And whether we leave or not should be dependent on that. 

Anyone who wants to put it the other way around has loyalties to others than the people of the UK, or even to other countries.... 

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 12.19.47.png

Edited by Surfer

46 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Emotions do not always transcend the written word all that well but when I commented on your intelligence it was not done sarcastically. If that is what you felt then I apologise for not expressing myself better. I meant it as a complement that even though we have differing opinions you normally express those views in a moderate way. I was a little surprised that on that particular occasion you were getting down in the gutter where the rest of us operate.

Fair play RTB. Apology not required really but accepted happily anyway. I did actually promote and praise one of your posts in a thread with Badger some months back.

I'm sometimes in the gutter too. After I carefully consider things I have definite views and I would stand by those. But always willing to be influenced by others and that's what's good about threads like this. My influence though as you'll have seen is very limited 😐 ... most folk ignore it. Barbe bleu commented wryly on that which gave me a good laugh anyway!

Most people meeting in a pub face to face over a drink even though they might disagree on Brexit they laugh and find other common ground. I've not had my usual curry (the best in the UK up my way, no question) with a group of lads, two of whom are arch Brexiters. Whatever the other 3 say, it makes no difference. So I know it's an impossible thing. Another I play golf with is the same. Spends 12 to 14 holes complaining about the EU. It doesn't help his game 🙂. I'm a firm believer in staying in (spent 3 years going to Brussels every now and then....met loads of great Europeans from all countries as well as officials and I loved it) but I've accepted what's going to happen. I have a horrible sense though it will go badly wrong and we as a country will regret it. I hope I am badly wrong on this more than anything.

I'm not a fan whatsoever of this government. There have been administrations before I've disliked and didn't vote for (every single one actually as I've yet in 40 plus years voted in a winning party) but most I've accepted with a resigned grace. This one however is on a different level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Not if you want this country to succeed ... we need a proper deal. And whether we leave or not should be dependent on that. 

Anyone who wants to put it the other way around has loyalties to others than the people of the UK, or even to other countries.... 

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 12.19.47.png

" we need a proper deal. And whether we leave or not should be dependent on that"

I agree, unfortunately that isn't the position the UK is in. 😔

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I remain hopeful we can negotiate that great new deal. We're leaving, we need to move on 

I also hope City will qualify for Europe this season.

There is no 'great deal' to be had. Either the UK walks away completely - or it stays as it is.

The part pregnant, soft brexit twaddle has no standing, or legal position.

This was explained in 2016 and every year since. The constant back pedalling and u turns are merely a consequence of that, and no lies from Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg will change that either.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

A bit of a shock but it turns out that David Starkey is a bit racially insensitive. 

Nothing to see here --- Some obscure Cambridge Professor, who nobody has heard of, says 'White Lives Don't Matter', and repeats it and gets promoted --- David Starkey, a very well-known Professor and eminent historian uses the phrase 'damned blacks' and everyone starts howling and demanding his expulsion from public life...

The majority of people are tired of the double standards, Herminge.

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

STILL STANDS

"European leaders have refused to gratify demands from London to make changes to a deal struck last November with former Prime Minister Theresa May"

"But Mr. Johnson has warned that if he cannot wrest some change, he will allow the Oct. 31 deadline to pass with his country crashing out of the E.U''

and the UK is about to drop the groat as legal tender, and plans to rebuilt London after the great fire are to be considered next week

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear, poor mouse brain

that was posted up last September

erm...................and a lot has changed since then 🤣

Well, you tell me what's changed in the EU since then, apart for them getting poorer

"European leaders have refused to gratify demands from London to make changes to a deal struck last November with former Prime Minister Theresa May"

Yet that was an outline of future trade. it was not the bit of the deal that was law

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well, you tell me what's changed in the EU since then, apart for them getting poorer

Covid.We are in a far worse state. Pay attention. 

We know you ****ing idiot, but they are in a slightly better state than us. 

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

Covid.We are in a far worse state. Pay attention. 

It's costing them a lot though ! they are worse off 

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So caught out, you revert to lying again

The comment was an analysis based on how things stood 10 months ago. Only a braindead cretin like you would imagine that a General Election in the UK, and a worldwide pandemic would have no bearing on how things are now.

So squeaked about how we should wait to see what deal is struck, yet customs arrangements are already known, as

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/02/first-details-emerge-of-system-for-checks-on-goods-crossing-irish-sea

However some will ask what purpose do your idiotic lies serve on here. the answer has to be it allows normal people to see just how far removed from reality your nonsense is. Just how stupid is the stuff you believe ................................and so, ultimatrely, how stupid you yourself are

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Liar

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Seeing as their largest near competitor nation has shot itself in the foot it will soon pick up for them.

I wonder if mrs mouse brain helps with special needs kids..............

................ or does she wait until she gets home

As honestly I can say straight from the heart no police officer would want to take a statement from mouse brain without having a 'responsible adult' present

It is like having a City version of Ipswichcrazy

Fob this off as me trying to insult you MB, but I can assure you that it is not. You do seem to appear to have some kind of learning difficulty

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Have you noticed they are about to loose our money yet no country is willing to pay more ?

Nope, another lie

Thanks to Johnson's lie about the EU having to go whistle, the UK is still paying the £39 billion it agreed to - only now it doesn't get to vote on how it is spent 😂

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

oh dear, poor mouse brain

He squeaks about budgets and the EU countries being poorer, by posting a link to an article that talks about a future budget.......... that has not been agreed yet !

The calculated wealth of a country is based on it's GDP, not expenditure that it has not made.

You really are a clueless idiot. A man who does not understand that he is trying to explain away lies, when he does not even understand what they mean.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

Fair play RTB. Apology not required really but accepted happily anyway. I did actually promote and praise one of your posts in a thread with Badger some months back.

I'm sometimes in the gutter too. After I carefully consider things I have definite views and I would stand by those. But always willing to be influenced by others and that's what's good about threads like this. My influence though as you'll have seen is very limited 😐 ... most folk ignore it. Barbe bleu commented wryly on that which gave me a good laugh anyway!

This is all pretty sick-making. Posters apologising in good grace and posters accepting in good grace. No-one wants the forum clogged up with this kind of feelgood nonsense. Still, to look on the bright side, at least the slightly convoluted history to this multi-thread spat and heartwarming reconciliation has yet again proved a helpfully debunking truth about conspiracy theories.

• Haha 2