Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Steve Stone

We will have to wait see if it is true... and the reasons why (if true) .

I was wondering when this would surface and it will be interesting what will happen in the morning when this thread is spotted at Carrow Road which it will be without doubt.

[quote user="lappinitup"]
How will we know if it''s true - if you won''t trell us what the rumour is in the first place? [:^)]
[/quote]
Could that be Mrs Trellus of North Wales ?

The rumour is that is he is no longer CEO... At his request. Who knows, just thought people might be interested in the rumour surrounding him at the moment.

No deal if true but a lot of speculation.

Thanks to the usual kids for their mature response.

[quote user="McCanary"]There were a fair few conversations going on about it in the gunn club after the game

I am surprised Archant haven''t been on it[/quote]

Thank you... A sensible reply to something LOTS of people where talking about.

Like I said there seems to be a lot of talk about this... Personally I hope it is not true.

I guess the key question in terms of how worrying it is is why? He could just have been offered a better paid job and decided to jump ship. The alternative is that there is some other reason he has decided to leave such as disagreements behind hmthe scenes or a realisisation he was fighting a losing battle under the self funding model.

He’d better not get a payoff if he’s quit though and Balls better not pocket another hefty sum for “standing in”

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I guess the key question in terms of how worrying it is is why? He could just have been offered a better paid job and decided to jump ship. The alternative is that there is some other reason he has decided to leave such as disagreements behind hmthe scenes or a realisisation he was fighting a losing battle under the self funding model.

He’d better not get a payoff if he’s quit though and Balls better not pocket another hefty sum for “standing in”[/quote]

All very very strange... No doubt, in this new spirit of openness and togethernes, the club will tell us all soon.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I guess the key question in terms of how worrying it is is why? He could just have been offered a better paid job and decided to jump ship. The alternative is that there is some other reason he has decided to leave such as disagreements behind hmthe scenes or a realisisation he was fighting a losing battle under the self funding model.

He’d better not get a payoff if he’s quit though and Balls better not pocket another hefty sum for “standing in”[/quote]
He seems to have been put on gardening leave, which suggests he is either after a competitor job in football or there has been a bust-up behind the scenes. I doubt the self-funding model has anything to do with it. If anything that would be a satisfying challenge to make work. I suspect - not just because of this - that Webber will be promoted to the board.

Will be sad to see him leave.

Would be wise not to speculate on the whys right now as we will have zero idea of the reasons and it could be something personal.

Interesting to see how the board react and where his successor comes from- the new set up seems to work so I can''t imagine many of the duties will change or move to someone else.

He seemed a decent man, but ultimately he is dealing with the business side and far easier to replace than Webber and shouldn’t make any massive impacts on the on-pitch stuff.

I’m sure some will find a way on blaming this on Balls, Smith and Jones - but nothing new with that.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I was wondering when this would surface and it will be interesting what will happen in the morning when this thread is spotted at Carrow Road which it will be without doubt.
[/quote]
Well that only took a few hours. [:D]