Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Brentford*****

Good victory. Brentford have a very good home record.

Great away result with a solid defensive display. First half thought we were excellent. Second half we defended our hearts out but the football was next to non existed with constant hoof balls.

Frustrating but we got the job done.

fantastic first half, heavily defensive second but we weathered the storm.

Not convinced the best option was to replace Nelson with a midfielder leaving us light up top for the last 10 minutes but I can''t really moan after what is really an impressive win.

Play-offs still looking a bit of a challenge, 8 points adrift

[quote user="Samwam27"]8 mins of stoppage time. In 2nd half. Really????[/quote]Haha,wtf was that all about. Is Fergie their manager now??

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Samwam27"]8 mins of stoppage time. In 2nd half. Really????[/quote]Haha,wtf was that all about. Is Fergie their manager now??[/quote]

Ref was useless all game so hardly surprising.

That feels like the kind of game we''d have thrown away at the end under Neil- really good to have confidence in the defence.

Just really want to see Nelson or Josh get on the scoresheet to get some confidence back.

Everyone worked hard today. Even Oliviera was a handful. Shame his confidence in front of goal is so low.

Vrancic is just a quality, classy footballer. Think he might start to attract interest by the end of the season.

@Hoegsar

He''s really stepped up since this formation change- think it really suits him and explains why Farke was so keen on him as I think he always wanted to play a back 3.

I think playing in the advanced positions he wasnt as bad as some made out

But his main attributes are his range and weight of passing, and theres not too much opportunity to do that in the final third.

His ability to weight a ball over the top of an opposition defence time and time again is scarily good.

[quote user="hogesar"]I think playing in the advanced positions he wasnt as bad as some made out

But his main attributes are his range and weight of passing, and theres not too much opportunity to do that in the final third.

His ability to weight a ball over the top of an opposition defence time and time again is scarily good.[/quote] [Y] The deftness of touch is evident in tighter situations too, when passing out of defence; a delight to watch. A fine player with quick feet and equally quick brain.

Didn''t see the match so would like to know how Reed played at right wing back?

Although I love to see Pinto rampaging forward, his defending can be very loose at times.