Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Brentford*****

Great away support from our supporters as ever, possibly why we play better away. And what a beauty from Maddison. Not a penny less than £25mil, but I’d sooner keep him.

Well, we certainly look a good side at times, just as it has all season the final third lets us down. Should have scored 1 or 2 more really. Lots of positives to take so far though

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]not that one, about 5 or 10 mins before that he was basically playing down the wing, got to the touchline and tried to put off a cross[/quote]Fair enough. There''s a balance in forwards between selfishness and playing for the team, for me Oliviera and to a lesser extent Murphy veer a bit to far towards selfish.

Good first half, end to end stuff, Ollie a bit greedy there but he has played one of his best games so far imo. Great goal.

The radio Norfolk commentary is utter cr@p, watching the game and listening in sync, there is so much action not being covered by the wittering on with Rivers and other stuff not relevant to the game, very poor.

Zimmermann running the ball from one box to the other has to be the most continental-y piece of football Brentford has ever seen

[quote user="bristolcanary"]That''s the spirit MP.

It is probably too early for the newbies although why have them on the bench if you don''t trust them?[/quote]

I dont think there''s any need for a change on our part yet regardless if it was trybul, watkins, or any of the new players. once the second half gets on a bit that may change but right now i''m very happy to stick with the starting XI

[quote user="bristolcanary"]That''s the spirit MP.

It is probably too early for the newbies although why have them on the bench if you don''t trust them?[/quote]Why bring Watkins on & spoil things?

Brentford looking particularly shaky after their keeper managed to take himself and one of their players out!

I wonder if Leitner can be the kind of player who can get their foot on the ball and calm things down. We don''t really have player in the middle who can do that at the moment with Reed at RB

Murphy still needs to work on end product. Too much hesitation means the chance is often gone by the time he makes his mind up

Why not give Srneby a run up front instead of NO. Someone who''s sharp in front of goal might just settle this one!

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]A second City goal gould be much needed to calm the nerves.[/quote]

Ideally 5 more to take us above the binners.