Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Bid accepted for Nelson Oliveira fro reading?! Surely not...

Like other posters I would view a sale of Oliveira as calamitous for the club''s prospects this season and a damning indictment of the board. Fortunately, I don''t believe this transfer will happen and that Olly will show everyone what an exciting starker he is.

Michael Bailey is now back tracking and saying it''s likely Reading have enquired and he wont speculate. As for this Nick Mashiter he hasn''t made any comments about it as far as I can see. If he''s sold then our board have waved the white flag before a ball is kicked. Disgraceful

There is still only one report that says we have accepted a bid from Reading, and that is from HITC. The Reading Chronicle report says only that its source  has said Reading have made a bid. It does not confirm that we have accepted anything. So the idea that we are willing to sell Oliveira so far rest solely on whatever credibility you give HITC and its report.

kick it off wrote the following post at 09/07/2017 8:33 AM:

It''s in the tweets and replies JF. Quoted earlier in this thread.

Fair enough. Can''t see it on his twitter page but let''s just hope this is nonsense

Shows how highly we rate him here though that people are freaking out so damn much at a HITC article. It really does go without saying but selling a top quality striker like Oliviera to a promotion rival would be calamitous to the extreme.

I don''t think Webber is that stupid, I think Farke is just setting a precedent by not responding to rumours so he won''t get asked much again in the future but I can''t see this happening. The fee would have to be over 15 million or fan morale will drop through the basement.

Relax......the club''s got our season ticket money and are now free to do what they like......I''m currently sharpening the pitchfork, then giving placard a fresh coat of paint and the torch is ready to be ignited for the moment Nelson supposedly leaves Norfolk.....

Hold up might be that Reading have renewed interest in Jacob too and want to announce a double swoop . If there is anything in this then I''d imagine they''re saving the best shock till last in Master Pritchard .Feel sorry for Daniel after the initial optimism for the coming season .

I know footballers are mercenaries but to sign a four year deal and then to indicate you want to go to Reading seems a bit strange. I''m worried but I''m not going to believe it yet. If he has a clause in his contract and Reading have the cash, and let''s not forget they have, then there isn''t much we can do about it.

If he has stated he wants to leave, which is indicated in the report I read, then little can be done. As Webber says et al Howson and Dorrans, we want players who ''want to be here'' and are young and hungry. If he wants to go, they will let him if the price is right for the club.

[quote user="JF"]kick it off wrote the following post at 09/07/2017 8:33 AM:

It''s in the tweets and replies JF. Quoted earlier in this thread.

Fair enough. Can''t see it on his twitter page but let''s just hope this is nonsense[/quote]
Look harder then [;)]

I maintain we ain''t stupid enough to sell him. Not just as a player but for fans coming into a new season itd be a disastrous PR move.

[quote user="City 2nd"]If he has stated he wants to leave, which is indicated in the report I read, then little can be done. As Webber says et al Howson and Dorrans, we want players who ''want to be here'' and are young and hungry. If he wants to go, they will let him if the price is right for the club.[/quote]

What report was that? Is there a link to it?

As has been previously posted... If Nelson has an 8 million release clause in his contract AND HE WANTS TO LEAVE, there is nothing Webber of Farke can do about it other than try to get him to sign an improved contract.

And that everybody is what Nelsons agent might be trying to get the club to do. But if we can''t afford to offer improved terms we might be forced to let him go.

Remember we got Grabben through a release clause and as a Champ player was worth more than 3mill. Clearly turned out to be a bad apple and we did well to sell for 6mill

Where have people made up there''s an 8mill release clause from? Never seen that reported anywhere.
Mick Dennis saying the Reading Chronicle are making it up off the back of the HITC story.

Kick it Off, don''t think people are making the release clause up merely pointing that it MAY well be the case.

And therefore would be the only reason why the club would let him go as there would be nothing they can do about it.

Anyway it''s day two of "Seafood Fest" here in sunny Weymouth and I''m off for fresh seafood and my favourite cider.

This 8 million release clause b*******s, we paid a fair whack for Oliviera and no way would we agree to a minor profit in a release clause.

Mind you I''m still convinced this Reading link is also tripe.

If it isn''t, it''s not down to Webber, he''s inherited an absolute shite position and needs to balance the books. Farke would have been well aware of the clubs position before accepting this job.

Thanks to poor reactions and poor choices of last year by our board we are where we are, just accept the realignment of our club, hopefully we can keep Oliviera and get shot of Naismith.

[quote user="Indy"]This 8 million release clause b*******s, we paid a fair whack for Oliviera and no way would we agree to a minor profit in a release clause.

Mind you I''m still convinced this Reading link is also tripe.

If it isn''t, it''s not down to Webber, he''s inherited an absolute shite position and needs to balance the books. Farke would have been well aware of the clubs position before accepting this job.

Thanks to poor reactions and poor choices of last year by our board we are where we are, just accept the realignment of our club, hopefully we can keep Oliviera and get shot of Naismith.[/quote]Agree with all this, except I''d be happy to keep hold of Naismith. He looked really hungry yesterday, and has said he wants to stay. The Murphys, Hoolahan, Maddison and Pritchard are excellent players, but Naismith gives a lot of energy and bite. Especially if we''re playing a 4-1-4-1 formation, that should offer more opportunities for him to impress. Convinced he will have a much, much better season than he did last season.

Possibly FTW, but to my mind Maddison & Pritchard offer far more in my opinion than Naismith and I''m pretty sure him wanting to stay is more about his wages than passion for our club.

I believe we have better quality options than wasting a starting position on an aging pro who has poor reactions to when we go behind.

I''ve always said Naismith wasn''t what was needed and stand by this.

But I understand we all have different views and rightly you could be right, he might fit Farke style and a great season. We shall see.

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]Kick it Off, don''t think people are making the release clause up merely pointing that it MAY well be the case.

And therefore would be the only reason why the club would let him go as there would be nothing they can do about it.

Anyway it''s day two of "Seafood Fest" here in sunny Weymouth and I''m off for fresh seafood and my favourite cider.[/quote]
If we were to have a release clause it would certainly be above the 10mill mark. No way we''d put it in at 8mill. There''s no evidence of a release clause anyway.  People are speaking as if the release clause is fact, but it is an imaginary construct, created to fit the narrative of a story off a rumour mill website. I think we need a sense of perspective here. 
In the last 2 weeks, they''ve claimed we are after Mbende, a Centre Back from the German 3rd tier (calling our manager David Farke in the process). They''ve claimed we''ve bid for Jamie Barjonas from Rangers. Derby are in for Wildschut. We''ve made it clear Cameron Jerome can leave. We''re in for Hefele from Huddersfield. West Brom are in for Murphy who we value at just 7million pounds apparently, along with 3 other Prem teams, and offering Callum McManaman as part of the deal.
They''ve claimed all of that in the last two weeks. Some of it lifted from the rumour pages of tabloids, some made up all by themselves.
And some people are creating facts (like an 8mill release clause) to fit the narrative of these shite merchants.

I think rumour-makers and fake twitter ITK types have noticed that Norwich fans are particularly gullible and vulnerable right now, and just like having fun with us! [:D]

I thought Mashiter had ruled this one out anyway, saying that Norwich would fight to keep him?

i think what makes us Norwich fans unsure is after the ireland game Farke came out and said howson was someone he liked etc

2 days later he was gone then Webber wrongly in my eyes started saying howson wanted to leave had to train alone being unprofessional etc

so in 3 days it went from we like howson to sold howson to unprofessional howson

so in 3 days we had 3 different views reports on howson from Webber / Farke

they have only been here a short while so we are unsure and not used to their ways yet and not used to the way they do business

so is it true / fact ? slightly true or totally made up about Oliveria ? we are confused clouded view on news of bids due to the Howson saga in my eyes

There''s no inconsistency between Farke saying he likes Howson as a person and thinks he''s a good player, and Webber later revealing that Howson behaved unprofessionally at the training camp. If you could only like and acknowledge ability in people who never did things you disapprove of, you''d find people to like rather few and far between! 
Nor is there any inconsistency in the club selling someone the manager thinks is a good player; "good player" is very different from "should definitely be kept". Furthermore, as Webber pointed out, until a player actually signs for another club, you have to guard against making it impossible to continue working with him. There are times when you can reveal the real situation and times when you can''t. Surely we all understand that?