Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Bid accepted for Nelson Oliveira fro reading?! Surely not...

I wouldn''t call those comments dismissing it completely

[quote user="Move Klose"]This is what was said tho:

Rob Butler:

Just spoke to Farke. He says he wants Nelson to stay but understands every player has their price.[/quote]Dave Freezer wrote this on the Pinkun site."The Portuguese striker has been strongly linked with Reading in recent

days but it is understood those reports are wide of the mark and City

are not interested in selling the striker."So God knows what''s going on.

lappinitup wrote the following post at 08/07/2017 5:58 PM:

Craig Brown‏ @craigbrown2015 26

I have spoken to Stuart Webber and he said the reports are rubbish / false about Reading have a bid for Oliveira. So he is going nowhere!!

That''s just a comment that a fan has posted on twitter. I think I''ll wait for the club themselves to deny it before I take it a gospel

Might be a question for Thursday nights fans forum for those of you who are coming

[quote user="Diane"]Might be a question for Thursday nights fans forum for those of you who are coming[/quote]But you''ll need to video it or JF won''t believe a word of it :P

Michael Bailey has posted an interview with Farke on twitter and I''d say he''s going nowhere from that. As a side note I love how Farke pronounces August! 😂

It''d take a huge bid to prize Oliveira away. In which case we would reinvest and bring in a couple of players that are just as good.
Win/win

If Webber and his team have promised this honest communication,

Why not say;

There''s no Reading bid

Reading have bid but are way off our valuation

We will not be selling him

Very grey words from Farke.

The club do not need to put a comment out every time a lazy internet journalist invents a story.

Webber has dismissed the story when asked and Farke has repeatedly stated he doesn''t comment on transfer speculation.

Why should he say anything ?his job is to coach/manange the squad not be beholden to every internet rumourdid he comment on Howson to Leeds or Burnley ?has he commented on City signing D Murphy ?or any other player we have been linked to in or out ?

It may well be that Nelson has a value.

Reading have made a bid equal to that value but it hasn''t been accepted... Yet

Am sure we will only sell if money is really good and we can find an equally suitable replacement.

I have to say, I''d be really concerned if we sold him, even if he can be bit of a hot head.

If any bid is made that equals a clause in a player''s contract then they can leave - it is not about us ''selling''.However I would be very doubtful, as that tends to be for players who don''t want to be held back when a much better offer comes in. A PL club yes, Reading no

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Reading  Chronicle now reporting we''ve accepted an 8 million bid for Nelson Oliveira ![/quote]
And their "source" quoted in the article is... the HITC article this entire thread is about.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/15399218.READING_FC__Royals____8m_offer_for_Nelson_Oliveira_accepted__sources_claim/

Done deal according to this

Ah... "according to sources", that old chestnut.
I''ll remain sceptical for now. (will probably wake up tomorrow to see it confirmed!)

[quote user="Captain Haddock"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]Reading  Chronicle now reporting we''ve accepted an 8 million bid for Nelson Oliveira ![/quote]reports emerged on Friday evening that Norwich had accepted the offer

and Oliveira will now discuss personal terms with Royals’ director of

football Brian Tevreden.

[/quote]

It is weird City1st, but I now have a bad feeling about this. Will be furious if we sell him, I think he''s absolute quality.

It does seem odd, given him playing today.however if there is a release clause there really is nowt we can doit would certainly seem that it would him wanting to move, not us wanting to move him

[quote user="Alex "]It is weird City1st, but I now have a bad feeling about this. Will be furious if we sell him, I think he''s absolute quality.[/quote]I to, have a bad feeling about it. If you read the Chronicle report, althou it does show the HITC source, it also says that a source told the Reading reporter, and goes on to say Olly will hold talks with Reading next few days and Japp Stam hope to get  him signed before Reading fly out to Holland next week.Nothing is 100% certain right now, all we have is who  we think is more reliable...a guy on a twitter feed claiming Webber told him its rubbish?..or a report from from the local Reading paper that seems to give quite a bit of detail?If this does go thru, it will cause  a furore, and completely undo much of the good will we have toward the new  management set up, and create much bad feeling among us fans, feelgood factor dumped in an instant. In my humble opinion,  a guy with Ollys class just cannot be replaced.

I consider myself a glass half full kind of guy where the club is concerned.

New management structure - fantastic

New manager - exciting

Clearout of unused, reserve players - fantastic

New signings - sensible, good potential, players with points to prove

Selling Howson - fair enough

However....

If this happens, a lot of that good work from the club undone in one transaction imo.

Need a lot of convincing this is a good idea....for any reason.

Your last paragraph is spot on SJS.

I retired last night unconcerned about the Doliveira to Reading report, considering it nothing but a far fetched rumour. Too unbelievable to be worthy of the slightest consideration. Even more unpalatable than my mug of Horlicks.

I awake this morning to news from the Reading Chronicle that such a move is seemingly advancing and that Jap Staam is to meet the player. My two lightly grilled aspirins left a sweeter taste in my mouth.

I had begun to build up a quiet optimism about the coming season with the new approach, the manager and the signings seeming to point towards a decent pitch in the offing.

The Summer was going well, and even better news was anticipated with defensive strengthening likely. Suddenly this bombshell.

Strengthening. Suddenly weakening was to be the order of the day.

I have always been pretty much on the fence regards our cosy ownership set-up. Like many I have blown with the wind and been anti in bad periods, like the very poor run under Alex Neil last season and the board''s stubborn adherence to that failing manager along with it''s seeming indecisiveness at a time when it was crucial that the opposite was needed if the season was to be saved.

Subsequent events have caused a more favourable leaning. The decision making at the top and the innovative changes that have been made at the club have been quite remarkable to the point where optimism can be realistically engaged and even my "one more year then" had been stretched to two as long as the signs looked promising.

In one fell swoop the bubble could be burst with such an impact that the spray, like Olly would reach Reading. I say ''could'' as I retain some hope that this is all a bad dream; although that it is even on the cards is bad enough.

Reading? Is this how far rank bad management has dragged us down in such a short space of time?

Reading?

Now I would more easily accept a bid from the Premier League as being the inevitable direction of football these days and I accepted the sale of Howson for other reasons, but this latest shocker would be a sale too far. Reading?

Fortunes in football for clubs like Norwich (and even for the big six or so clubs I suppose) are cyclical and we have to accept that, but has that circle turned to such an extent that we are back to the fire-sale days of Robert Chase?

Are the irritating doom-mongers on this forum correct after all? Is the Board truly a sheet anchor to the progress of the club as the heady, financially dominated 21st. Century of rapid change advances? Would such a sale be indicative of a future ensconced in the second rate and amongst the Ipswich Towns of the football world? Is this all Delia Smith has to offer?

Us supporters are big boys and girls and we can for the most part realistically accept that things happen, that things have not gone to plan over the last two seasons and that some financial prudence is necessary, but if this player is sold it would surely be the last straw that broke the back of our resolve.

Call me alarmist. Admonish my concern as ridiculously premature, and let us all hope that it is, but a firm denial from the club is now necessary to put me back into my hole.

However, if it is just a rumour the fact that it exists is a massive statement about the state of Norwich City Football club at this moment in time. Put it another way, it would need an outstanding start to the new season to prevent peasants like me from revolting.

If Oliveira is set to leave NCFC for Reading, then it is clearly because of the player''s desire to exit, rather than the club wishing to sell. The fact that it is Reading is neither here nor there. If the player is unhappy, then the club will be looking for a quick sale and therefore more time to find a replacement before the season starts.

The big question is why Dorrans, Howson and Oliveira are jumping ship so quickly after a new regime has been put in place?

Is Webber ruffling feathers at the rate of knots?

Has poverty taken over from prudence, and is ambition now a distant memory?

It''s quoted as saying Farke wants Olive to stay. If that''s the case then surely Webber/the Board should have rejected the offer out of hand. If Olive was aware and this was advanced I can''t see Olive wanting to play yesterday

I understand clearling out the fringe players, even Dorrans/Howson, but there comes a point where we need to start building a team for next season.

If Olive goes then heck we might aswell sell everyone and start with a blank sheet of paper. Would be massively disappointed with the club with this

So this is what it has come to under these owners? Having to sell our best players to our rivals. Reading and Middlesbrough ffs, hardly football powerhouses. To quote highland canary you couldn''t make it up.

Mashiter, who has a proven inside track into our club (presumably via Webber) said it''s nonsense. Believe him or believe ''anonymous source''s in the Reading Chronicle. Up to you

kick it off wrote the following post at 09/07/2017 8:21 AM:

Mashiter, who has a proven inside track into our club (presumably via Webber) said it''s nonsense. Believe him or believe ''anonymous source''s in the Reading Chronicle. Up to you

Can''t see any comments from him about oliviera on his twitter feed