Sign in to follow this  
Nemzadze

So should Alex Neil still go ?

Without any doubt whatsoever ,, at the end of the season no matter what happens , even promotion . Should have got shot last time and the chances are we wouldn''t be in the chumps now .

My opinion I know but , I have never rated him , and certainly do not see him as anything other than an ordinary manager in the future .

I think it''s been pretty obvious he''s here til the end of the season, no matter what happens.

Always review at the end of a season. That''s what we should of done with Hughton. Mind you I have a list of 549 so called supporters who should go now! Would happily clap them through the cobbled streets of little old norwich.

[quote user="Herman"]Five years of you it proves we''re a resilient bunch.[/quote][:D]

Yes

I think there has been little help from lack of funds, recruitment issues but a lot is on AN.

His team have not improved any individuals with tactics or schemes. I believe he has shown over the last 18 months that he is not the long term answer.

If we do not go up he should go. But if we go up I am even more worried as it feels like a blip in our form is when we have a run of good results, Not a run of bad results.

Consistency is always difficult and changing much of our group from having multiple relegations was key. The way we whimpered to relegation was painful. This season we have never performed for a sustained period and looked like a team who had my played in the prem league before.

But I do not have faith in what he is building and hope we can get an experienced head in after this season, whichever league we are in.

There is a poll on the pinkun website, but it is from the standpoint of everyone thinking he should have gone, and have u changed your mind. There should be another option in my view, along the lines of ''i was happy for him to stay, all along''

He should''ve gone last season, whilst we were still in with a shout of staying up. Nothing has changed for me, despite our recent upturn in results. We should be chasing first or second, let alone trying to break into top 6. We have a soft under-belly and if we did finish in play offs, I can see us crumbling.

Yes. Either in the summer or if we reach the point where top 6 is mathematically impossible.

I am on record for suggesting Hughton should have stayed if and when we got relegated ( we did) as we were too late then in removing him earlier. Likewise I also think we should change the manager if we should get promoted this time. If, he does stay and begin to assemble a good team though next year in the Chamos I could still be persuaded to change my view. I just still don''t think he is ready, nor is our team ready for the Prem again. Our current position shows we are possibly not so competitive even in the Champs with 6 possibly 7 or 8 better teams than us.

Should we have to remain in the Championship it''s not the end if the world. We can consolidate and try and assemble a new team worthy of a place. Posters on here ALL know when we see a real promotion-chasing side. You can just SEE it and sense it. Can anyone at all really honestly say they have seen us as that type of team this year, apart from rare glimpses? I know we all have yellow and green eyes but really?

[quote user="sonyc"]I am on record for suggesting Hughton should have stayed if and when we got relegated ( we did) as we were too late then in removing him earlier. Likewise I also think we should change the manager if we should get promoted this time. If, he does stay and begin to assemble a good team though next year in the Chamos I could still be persuaded to change my view. I just still don''t think he is ready, nor is our team ready for the Prem again. Our current position shows we are possibly not so competitive even in the Champs with 6 possibly 7 or 8 better teams than us.

Should we have to remain in the Championship it''s not the end if the world. We can consolidate and try and assemble a new team worthy of a place. Posters on here ALL know when we see a real promotion-chasing side. You can just SEE it and sense it. Can anyone at all really honestly say they have seen us as that type of team this year, apart from rare glimpses? I know we all have yellow and green eyes but really?[/quote]Its a reasonable point, even when we were winning earlier in the season, and near the top of the league, we all recognised we weren''t really firing on all cylinders.But at that point we were waiting to find out if it could be all about to suddenly click, or nosedive. We got our answer!Not too late yet though....

No it''s not too late. It''s the hope that always gets you however. And it''s a hope that isn''t a deeply founded one, born of confidence. It''s the blind kind.

I think Huddersfield have the look of a team that believes in itself. They have got something about them, players we haven''t heard much about who are playing as a coherent team ( Mooy excepted who may stay if they go up). Yet to be fully convinced by Newcastle but they do have a superb finisher in Gayle. Brighton look very resilient. As to the rest, Leeds look the most vulnerable to me, Reading a little unpredictable but annoyingly stubborn nd Wednesday are just a solid team that we could overtake. 5th position is a possibility or maybe even 4th but we need to go in some kind of unprecedented run now with maybe 12 points in our next 5 or 6 matches.

[quote user="sonyc"]No it''s not too late. It''s the hope that always gets you however. And it''s a hope that isn''t a deeply founded one, born of confidence. It''s the blind kind.

I think Huddersfield have the look of a team that believes in itself. They have got something about them, players we haven''t heard much about who are playing as a coherent team ( Mooy excepted who may stay if they go up). Yet to be fully convinced by Newcastle but they do have a superb finisher in Gayle. Brighton look very resilient. As to the rest, Leeds look the most vulnerable to me, Reading a little unpredictable but annoyingly stubborn nd Wednesday are just a solid team that we could overtake. 5th position is a possibility or maybe even 4th but we need to go in some kind of unprecedented run now with maybe 12 points in our next 5 or 6 matches.[/quote]Our form has picked up recently though, I think we''re perfectly capable of sneaking into 6th place. But yeah, every game from here on in is massive. I think tuesday against Newcastle could be a very interesting indicator as to how the rest of the season will go. A win could be massive, a loss could ruin our season. Again.

At the risk of getting some stick I have to say I''ve never fully moved Into the ''Neil out'' camp. He clearly has his faults but no more than any other manager in the wage bracket we would likely be shopping around in. I also think the bad signings thing is a bit of a myth, most of them seem to be coming good.

[quote user="Goss Volley"]At the risk of getting some stick I have to say I''ve never fully moved Into the ''Neil out'' camp. He clearly has his faults but no more than any other manager in the wage bracket we would likely be shopping around in. I also think the bad signings thing is a bit of a myth, most of them seem to be coming good.[/quote]Nah, sounds reasonable, and pretty much my position.

[quote user="Goss Volley"]At the risk of getting some stick I have to say I''ve never fully moved Into the ''Neil out'' camp. He clearly has his faults but no more than any other manager in the wage bracket we would likely be shopping around in. I also think the bad signings thing is a bit of a myth, most of them seem to be coming good.[/quote]

^THIS. My only question to those who would want young Neil''s head on a pick is...who on Earth would replace him that we could AFFORD? We''ve seen Di Matteo (a coach with european pedigree/experience) get chewed up and swallowed, and its not like Rafa is absolutely walking the league due to his tactics... Grass is greener on the other side i guess

[quote user="morty"]An independent view on it.

Apologise for the click baity nature of the site.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/opinion-why-norwich-city-are-the-most-dangerous-team-to-the-top-six/
[/quote]

As I read that article, it''s basically saying that given the squad we have, we should be much higher up the league than we are, so if we are able to get into the playoffs, we''ll be the team to watch out for.

Which I agree with, (and I have said quite a few times that I think our squad is one of the top 2 or 3 strongest in the league).  Nothing has changed for me.

And IMO that leaves us with a manager who is underperforming given the squad he has.  If he gets the team selection right (which has been a mix of luck and judgement IMO) and doesn''t get caught out by the manager opposing him, then we can do well.  Plus the players have realised AN is here for the season so they''ve got to play for him - after the awful run when most managers would have been sacked.  However, if the opposing manager comes up with an approach to deal with our strengths etc, AN normally isn''t able to adjust to deal with it.  Also of course our defence continues to be disorganized and prone to mistakes (although not as bad as it was).

So my attitude is that if we can afford £7m on a relatively unproven wide player, we must be able to afford a good quality manager for the top end of the Champs/bottom end of the Prem, which is what we''ll need to make sure we get promoted next season.

I think everyone understands that getting a new manager is a lottery. But I do think we''ve made fairly good choices recently and that''s blinded peoples perspective on the chances of getting it right. Lambert, Hughton to an extent and AN to an extent have all had at least some success. It''s easy to forget we''ve had several managers before that with literally no success and there''s always a chance of that again.

I did move into the ''Neil Out'' camp and I still think there''s some really concerning elements to his management.

But the main thing for me is the players haven''t thrown in the towel so I''m hardly going to.

When I say "make sure we get promoted " obviously there are no guarantees in football.  But if we have a manager experienced at the level I''m talking about, we''ll have a very good chance, assuming we can keep a strong squad together for next season.  With AN, I see no reason why next season will be any better, as I can''t see him learning and improving at the moment.

Funny as it may seem, but I''ve never shouted that he should go. It was just after the Rotherham defeat that I began to think maybe it''s time for him to go. After which, our form improved !

Only if a better option is available, no point changing for pretty much the same.

I''m not sure AN is this all learning great young manager some see him as. We are stil, frail at the back and that''s not changed.

I''m not bothered as it''s not down to me it''s the boards choice.

I still think Bruce is a better all round package as a manager, Rowett I''m not so sure.

But that''s just my opinion.

To be honest, I don''t know enough about most other managers to say whether X or Y is good enough.  Rowett seemed to do well with limited resources, that guy at Huddersfield looks good.... it''s not enough.  But when I see AN coming up head to head each week, in terms of managerial influence (team selection, substitutions, tactics and tactical changes, and the way the team is organized for the game) I think he is second best more often than not.  Which is the nub of the problem for me.

At our level, the club should have a network of people to come up with the sort of information needed to make the decision.

he''s a far better manager than mark Warburton .. I seen his name floating around on here .. put a run together climb the table .. plenty of points to be won .. and judge the table on the last day of the season ..that''s what matters.

He is there for the long run .Alex Neil is no villain .alot of pressure from the Norwich fans .but the shit runs downhill it''s the people at the top who make the decisions you fans should be critical of ..not Alex Neil ..think about it .

He is there for the long run .Alex Neil is no villain .alot of pressure from the Norwich fans .but the * runs downhill it''s the people at the top who make the decisions you fans should be critical of ..not Alex Neil ..think about it .

Been a while since you spouted your s*** Dundee, thought you would be concentrating on helping your team avoid relegation.

Not afraid to state that along with many other supporters I was of the opinion during the recent bad run that maybe a change was necessary. But although relegated last season I was of the opinion we should stick with AN. And maybe now it''s fair to say the board have got it right. I''m not an advocate of the current board at all, but was there anyone out there who would hit the ground running and improve matters as fast as was required. Personally I doubt it. So just maybe the decision to stay with him was right. I appreciate it''s only unbeaten in 4, but we are improving for sure. I think the two recent signings add a more balanced dimension than the two who left, and I see the squad pushing into the top six comfortably now. The next six matches will be very telling, particularly Wednesday away. And if we don''t make it, there''s always next season, and maybe we should again ''stick'' with what we have.