Sign in to follow this  
Nemzadze

So should Alex Neil still go ?

We''ll see. He''s certainly one of the luckiest mangers in football.

If he doesn''t get this team into the top 6 at the end of the season he has failed and should be sacked.

I believe he should have been sacked back in November, and had he been I also believe we''d be in a better position than we are now.

But... I''ve accepted he''s here to the summer now so let''s see.

For everything else, our record against teams in the current top 6 still reads 1 draw, 5 losses. We''ve had a relative easy run of games so a run of wins in those games won''t be enough to change my mind.

On the other hand my problem has always been upstairs and whether I''d trust the owners to appoint anyone decent...

This is the manager who implied that he was thinking of leaving when we got relegated last season.

Maybe, if we don''t get top 6 he will walk, rather than leaving by getting the sack.

morty wrote the following post at 06/02/2017 10:22 PM:

That fence hurting your a$$ Lincoln?

Nicely on topic.

[quote user="Greavsy"]morty wrote the following post at 06/02/2017 10:22 PM:

That fence hurting your a$$ Lincoln?

Nicely on topic.[/quote]Thank you, given Lincoln''s massive flip flop between his two answers, it very much was.

You seem to be spoiling for a fight Greavsy? Really what is yr problem its getting tiresome now, if you don`t like someone avoid their threads and comments or if it bothers you so much go visit where they drink instead of being a keyboard warrior !!!!

Fence sitting is the only option for me.

We can assume that the Board want to stick by him for the rest of this season at least.

Even without this safety net our recent run of results (and a likely win at Wigan tonight along with a couple of easier fixtures after that) will probably give him breathing space well towards the season''s end.

If we don''t make the play-offs he should be toast, but you never know what the powers that be have in mind.

Fail in the play-offs then the jury will have to rely on the quality of performances, tactics and team selection exhibited in the run-in.

He will have to be some super manager for me to regain total faith in him. He has little margin for error and another bad run should, IMO, see the board eyeing possible replacements in readiness for next season.

Tim Dawson wrote the following post at 07/02/2017 8:41 AM:

You seem to be spoiling for a fight Greavsy?

Is that a statement, or a question?

Really what is yr problem its getting tiresome now, if you don`t like someone avoid their threads and comments

But hard to avoid when people are on EVERY thread. Plus this a forum, a place for debate and discussion.

or if it bothers you so much go visit where they drink instead of being a keyboard warrior !!!!

I have no desire for either of those, but thanks for your input.

All the best Tim.

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]The Jury is well and truly still out on him.

Best young manager ?

Don''t be daft, he has an awful lot to do before that tag can be applied to him.[/quote]If he gets us promoted this season there will be no doubt about him being the best young manager around.  Four seasons a manager and three of them promotions to the Premier League.  Still a big ask, I agree, but it''s achievable.

I don''t think us getting promoted this season would make him the ''best young manager around''.

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 07/02/2017 8:52 AM:

Greavsys constant s h 1 t stirring has become really boring.

Apologies Frank, I''m sorry it''s not to your liking.

However, I''ve made my comments on this thread, and others that are relevant. I''ll leave it at that, and let others debate AN, as per the thread.

Because I think Eddie Howe, Gary Monk and probably Nagelsmann would all have something to say about it.

IF he got us promoted this season he''d be matching the expectation given to him, not exceeding. He''s not even proven himself in the Premier League yet whereas Monk and Howe have.

If he gets us promoted it would be harsh to sack him, he will have earned another crack at the Premiership.

Are you saying, if he doesn''t get us promoted he should go?

Playoffs are our best bet, and we all know what a lottery they can be.

AN should of course be given until the end of the season (or the point it is obvious Norwich wouldn''t be able to make the play-offs).

A large part of the recruitment issues Norwich have had over the past few seasons has been based around given managers too much power over transfers and then sacking them. Getting rid of AN now would start that all over again, just when it seems there is a settled recruitment team in place.

If Norwich get into the play-offs and aren''t promoted, then there is going to be a major dilemma around AN''s future. The squad is going to have to be majorly restructured and do Norwich want to let AN do it, or sack him and go back to square one with recruitment, at the exact moment it needs to be spot on?

Without knowing what Ricky Martin''s role is exactly, you do hope the club have put him in a position to create Norwich a transfer strategy and not just let the manager pick and choose whoever he fancies at that exact moment. Basically - NO. MORE. TONY. ANDREUS. PLEASE.

He''s here until the end of the season barring another disastrous run of form.

I''m joining a few others on the fence- if we go up he deserves to stay as he''ll have met his objective. Finish outside the top 6 and he should be gone immediately.

A promotion won''t make him ''the best young manager around.'' Actually keeping us up might have...

[quote user="hogesar"]Because I think Eddie Howe, Gary Monk and probably Nagelsmann would all have something to say about it.

IF he got us promoted this season he''d be matching the expectation given to him, not exceeding. He''s not even proven himself in the Premier League yet whereas Monk and Howe have.[/quote]If we are talking in terms of achievements, Eddie Howe has been managing for nine years, with two promotions - and his recent success is down largely, imo, to the money he has available to spend.  Garry Monk has only been a manager for two years, did well for one season in the PL, but left his club facing relegation the second. Nagelsmann is promising as I am sure are some others.  AN got his team promoted from nowhere in his first season as a manager, then in the second season, again against the odds. If he does it in his fourth season, his record will be unmatched by any other young manager around.  

It is neat how you totally ignore the third season.

He only has the chance to make it three promotions in four seasons due to getting relegated. Something that neither Monk or Howe has done.

With the team and money at his disposal the play offs is the minimum i would expect this season, i did want him gone xmas time but if he can turn the corner ( too early to say yet) but the signs are promising and its a results based industry, he keeps winning then i am happy to have him.

He is still young and inexperienced so for that reason i have cut him some slack.

[quote user="king canary"]It is neat how you totally ignore the third season.

He only has the chance to make it three promotions in four seasons due to getting relegated. Something that neither Monk or Howe has done.[/quote]AN made mistakes last season without a doubt, but the underlying problem we have as a club - as under Hughton - is not the manager so much as the lack of resources compared to other clubs. Howe has done well of course, but staying in the PL has imo been largely due to the large amount of money they have.