Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Team for QPR

[quote user="VanWink"]He''s on his way back, now doubt about that 👍[/quote]Were you at the game tonight then?

http://mobile.canaries.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-celtic-premier-league-international-cup-3420053.aspx?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

If Whittaker played nearly 80 minutes tonight, I think his first game back from injury, am not so sure he''ll be starting Saturday.

Whits played in the cup last week against MK Dons.

It baffles me how so many Norwich fans can still say their team would be in a 451 formation. If anyone can please tell me how Pritchard, Hoolahan and Brady behind Jerome has worked recently I''ll laugh. Personally I''d go for a 433 formation:

Ruddy

Martin, Klose, Bassong, Ollson

Tettey, Thompson, Dorrans

Naismith

Jerome, Oliviera

It is time for a change. We use our fullbacks to get forward anyway so when attacking that would be our width, as it usually is. This is just a way I''d like to see us lineup, I will definitely be incorrect but surely you need to try something different?!

[quote user="andrew norwichcity"]Whits played in the cup last week against MK Dons.

It baffles me how so many Norwich fans can still say their team would be in a 451 formation. If anyone can please tell me how Pritchard, Hoolahan and Brady behind Jerome has worked recently I''ll laugh. Personally I''d go for a 433 formation:

Ruddy

Martin, Klose, Bassong, Ollson

Tettey, Thompson, Dorrans

Naismith

Jerome, Oliviera

It is time for a change. We use our fullbacks to get forward anyway so when attacking that would be our width, as it usually is. This is just a way I''d like to see us lineup, I will definitely be incorrect but surely you need to try something different?![/quote]I agree in principle, but I don''t think away to QPR for Ian Holloway''s first game back in charge is the right time to play an expansive game with two up front, especially when we have pretty much never played with two up top in Neil''s whole tenure.The team you''ve selected there is pretty good - plenty of muscle and energy - but if you''ve got two big strikers in the box, there''s not a huge amount of width to put balls in the box for them. I guess it allows Neil''s traditional overlapping full-backs plenty of opportunity to get forward.I also don''t think Neil would want to start without any pacy or creative players in the XI - no Wes, Pritchard, Brady or Jacob in that team. But if we win by blunt trauma, I''d take it :)

Everyone is dropping Ryan Bennett - can''t say I''m surprised - his partnership with Klose doesn''t seem to work. So much is dependent on whether Pinto is fit, and I can''t see Whitaker playing if he played nearly 80 mins last night.

Whoever gets selected, we must find a way to stop conceding goals. That might have to come at a price, with scoring less, so the midfield need to work more closely with the defence.

Not easy...

If we''re being bold I''d go for the 3-4-2-1 formation that Chelsea play.

Ruddy

Klose-Martin-Bassong

Pinto-Thompson-Dorrans-Brady

Wes-Pritchard

Jerome

Very unlikely to happen though.

Have to say I really like the look of the 3 6 1, i think it was Indy who was advocating it the other day and on paper it looks really good for the squad we have. So i will go with the kings choice :)

The team will improve once the management team is changed - maybe the team will once again at least equal the sum of the parts. What price Bruce, Warnock or Lambert now?

As for QPR a 3-3 draw tomorrow after being 3-0 up at half time followed by defeats against Derby and Brentford but with the decision-makers comfortable with a bottom half championship team. You couldn''t make it up.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]The team will improve once the management team is changed - maybe the team will once again at least equal the sum of the parts. What price Bruce, Warnock or Lambert now?

As for QPR a 3-3 draw tomorrow after being 3-0 up at half time followed by defeats against Derby and Brentford but with the decision-makers comfortable with a bottom half championship team. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]

Couldn''t you at least try and be a bit more positive, Highand?   I know things aren''t as good as they could be, but this thing we have about letting in soft goals is imo a purely mental thing that can be overcome - by the players.   They have to be tougher when we get up in a game. But for the next three games, they haven''t been lost yet, nor drawn.  They are there to win.  And who owns the club is irrelevant - its about the players and to a lesser extent the management team.  The players have to go out and prove themselves, simple as that.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]As for QPR a 3-3 draw tomorrow after being 3-0 up at half time followed by defeats against Derby and Brentford but with the decision-makers comfortable with a bottom half championship team. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]You just did.

Highland is suffering from permanent SAD...pray for him, it''s going to be a long, long winter for the poor guy.

Apples

I''d like to see a back 3 this weekend, especially as I can see QPR going with 2 up top, I''d go with:

Ruddy

Martin, Klose, Bassong

Brady, Thompson, Tettey, Olsson

Ja Murphy, Jerome, Pritchard

[quote user="Bagster"]Have to say I really like the look of the 3 6 1, i think it was Indy who was advocating it the other day and on paper it looks really good for the squad we have. So i will go with the kings choice :)[/quote]Yes, I have suggested this a couple of times, here''s the link to the suggested lineup I thought would work best:[url=http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=c32w31]NCFC 3-6-1[/url]However, if Pinto isn''t fit, that does raise questions about who will fill that gap. Do we play Martin in that role and bring Bennett into CB, do we play Whittaker (despite him being slated pretty much every time he''s played recently), or do we even try Godfrey despite his less than convincing show against Leeds???

Pinto is out by Whittaker is in the squad.

For me we should stick with 4231 as that is the squad shape

Olsson, Thompson (Tettey back in?) and McGovern also carrying knocks but travel.

For me

Ruddy

Brady Martin Klose Olsson

Thompson Dorrans

Jacob Wes Pritchard

Jerome

Would probably go with this (based on who''s fit/form)

Ruddy

Whittaker, klose, bassong, olsson

Thompson, dorrans

Murphy, Pritchard, Brady

Jerome

Subs: jones, bennet, Martin, Tettey, Murphy, hoolahan, lafferty

[quote user="Highland Canary"]The team will improve once the management team is changed - maybe the team will once again at least equal the sum of the parts. What price Bruce, Warnock or Lambert now?

As for QPR a 3-3 draw tomorrow after being 3-0 up at half time followed by defeats against Derby and Brentford but with the decision-makers comfortable with a bottom half championship team. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]

I''ve come to the conclusion that the team got nervous in these games mainly. The late goals have been going in against us all season but only in the last month have they started costing us points.

I think after a bit of soul searching over the international break, we will have found some happy medium where we learn to manage games better so i''m positive we''ll at least stop that annoying recent trend.

I''m going for a 2-0 victory tomorrow. 2 earlyish goals and a lot of possession.

Pinto is out again tomorrow but the good news is that Mulumbu and Whittaker are both fit (for what I do not know [;)]) and in the squadMcGovern and Olsson are also fit and included in the squadDoubt over Thompson though

Pretty much whatever team we put out with players in form and in their right position should be capable of a result. So it will be what it will be. The issue is not who plays so much as how they are set up and prepared. Can the management team get all our players playing to their potential? If so we will have no trouble tomorrow.

See they are preparing us for Thompson being dropped by saying he has a slight knock.

Bennett also speaking at length about the team spirit. Hmm.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]See they are preparing us for Thompson being dropped by saying he has a slight knock.

Bennett also speaking at length about the team spirit. Hmm.[/quote]Thats the spirit Jim[Y]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Lol :-) .

I started writing a team thread last night, but after several attempts couldn''t bring myself to commit to any player after the last few dismal games so gave up trying.

At the moment they are all as bad as each other until they sort themselves out.[/quote]

The only thing that can be said about the game tomorrow is that they have to get a clean sheet at any cost so for that reason I am going 5-5-0 but I am not able to name the players to fill those positions because none of them is worth the shirt presently.

This thread is in danger of turning into an exercise in being more miserable than the last poster.[:D]