Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

Getting a bit late in the day to move onto other targets , are Forest going to part with Assombalonga or Bristol Kodija with the season about to start? afraid it looks like we have totally wasted the summer window once again , strikers and defence yet again not improved at all . Last summer was poor this one has been diabolical .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Getting a bit late in the day to move onto other targets , are Forest going to part with Assombalonga or Bristol Kodija with the season about to start? afraid it looks like we have totally wasted the summer window once again , strikers and defence yet again not improved at all . Last summer was poor this one has been diabolical .[/quote]Oh, it''s all so terrible isn''t it? Everything about this club is just rubbish. Don''t know why I bother supporting it when every aspect of everything it does is so unrelentingly awful. I wish I supported one of those other clubs who get everything right all the time and always win. There''s no chance of us signing anyone in the next month. We''re going down.

Don''t agree this summer has been diabolical, I''m pretty happy that we have kept the squad intact and feel we are very strong at this level. However, I do feel the striker issue should have been sorted well before now. If Fulham are still insisting on £15m then that should have been smoked out a long time ago and other targets pursued instead.

There are plenty of positives and with Klose our defence has no need of strengthening. But if we''re willing to spend serious money on a striker, as it appears, I''m confused how we''ve ended up still pursuing McCormack, with no sign of success, this late in the summer.

Bethnal''s instinct is McCormack deal is close, Branston seems to loosely agree with him, but i think most the rest of us now believe its time for Alex to move on. My instinct feels this deal is nowhere done and no more time should be wasted with it. Unless Villa really are nuts enough to spend 15 mill for him (i guess they can afford it) would be no surprise him in the squad Friday night vs. Toon, thou id be surprised to see him get a full 90 mins.I do agree with Canary, chances of us getting a striker from within the Champs is pretty remote now, we may have to look elsewhere.

The Villa thing may well just be an attempt to push our hand.

If we want him then ffs offer the £15 million and get him in our environment asap.

If this rumbles and rumbles it will end up like last summer.

not worth 15 mil let villa have him

but to the fans happy wit the squad well time will tell

say olsson is going to west ham

brady leaves very likely

bennett still may interest middlesboro

we start the season with 1 striker !

Canos even though we signed him and he played a season in the champs is he ready to fill redmonds shoes ??

javis is like the norwich darren anderton

a big strong squad can soon change

it''s not looking to sharp with only 6 days to go till the opening game

Not a chance of us signing him now IMO. This ones dead.

I would like to see us now pursue Assombalonga or Kodjia, but as its been suggested, it is getting late in the day for this.

When people say pay the £15 million, it''s not though, it''s an additional fee for agent, signing on fee, loan interest on money borrowed, wages........is it really worth spending this money on a 30 year old who has never played higher than the championship, no guarantees he won''t be another Hooper! Or RVW!

Surely our scouts have earned their money and have a few other options in the mix!

i love people who say that fenway

NO the transfer window does not close this weekend

BUT the league we play in does start so that means points start this weekend meaning players that might win us points this weekend should be here this weekend !

we have 5 games in august = 15 points to play for could mean going up or staying in this league

then the player we are after is injured missed pre season so that means another 4 to 6 weeks to get up to speed

so you are quite right transfer window is open until 31 of august so hope our one striker stays fit !

Are we set for a second transfer window fiasco in two years which likely will set us back decades unless we can attract new investment to the club? Or as little old Norwich we should limit our aspiration to championship obscurity/medicroity.

highland i think the money is there to spend

Not vast amounts but 15 mil at least

i think thats enough for our squad

but we have to be alot smart than other clubs so our scouting has to find gems

now McCormack is not a gem at 15 mil

now we know spearing has great knowledge of alot of foreign leagues

so why alex thinks at 29 /30 years old McC is the best striker he can get in world football to come here for that figure is beyond me

there must be better out there for that money in spain / italy / russia / france even brazil

The night we got relegated vs Watford. We all knew the next season:

-Bamford wouldn''t be here

-Mbokani wouldn''t be here

-Lafferty wouldnt get a look in

-Wolfswinkel wouldn''t get a look in

-Jerome would be our only striker that Neil used

That was nearly 3 months ago. To think we are still in that position is strange. It''s not like we been working on the mccormack in that time. We still havent had a bid accepted. When did Newcastle get the Dwight Gayle deal done. Nearly a month ago.

Signings like Hanley, Ritchie, Gayle and now today it appears they are going to sign Mo Diame from Hull and Ciaran Clark from Villa. That is why they will walk this division.

We still need 2 strikers, probably need a left back to replace Olsson, a winger when Brady goes. And we still have a few players on the books Neil clearly doesn''t use or fancy:

Turner

Andreu

Thompson

Mulumbu

Odjijda

Lafferty

Seems to me 5 days before season starts we still have quite a bit to do.

Miss the days of Lambert getting business done early.

Amazed we''re still pursuing him. Doubtful he''s worth 12 million, definitely not worth 15. Time to move on the to the ''other options'' that was mentioned by AN after the Hannover game. There''s a lot of excellent fringe premier players from the top clubs available on loan. Personally I would rather go that route rather than pay big bucks for someone who will only be on a downhill spiral over the next few years.

Fulham play their first match of the season in just 4 nights time, this must surely be a distraction to their preparations ahead of the new season aswell?......will he play on Friday night??.....how much does he want to join us (if at all?) ,is he pushing for the move from his end via his agent for even from himself around the club and training ground?

how much does everybody really want this?

wrote the following post at 01/08/2016 9:13 PM:

Last year we threw our eggs into the basket of Virgil van Dijk, I do hope that we aren''t doing the same, or if we are , that it has a happier ending.

Agreed

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]i though the basket we threw our eggs in last summer was the one marked Koulibaly of Napoli??[/quote]

Not Dwight Gayle then!!

I have a funny feeling McCormack wants a move, but not necessarily to us, and maybe Aston Villa have recently offered silly money or something - wouldn''t surprise me as their tw@ of a owner seems to be the kind of loose cannon that would probably try to make this signing to prove some sort of a point.

As for Newcastle... Please stop with the nonsense their squad is better than ours, that is total and utter bollocks! They have good players, and so do we. Hanley, Gayle, Ritchie... At best they''re good championship players but Klose, Hoolahan and dare I say Jerome or Naismith are of even better pedigree, in this league or above. It''s time people stopped cracking one off over their team because man for man they''re definitely not better than us.

I have a bad feeling about McCormack, almost as if his best days are behind him, and whereas I applaud the money we seem to be offering in the championship, I for one will be more happy if we bring in someone a bit younger, even if it means they''re less proven but appear to be on the edge of ''their season'' - that''s who I hope we sign. The next decent strikers ARE out there 👍

Well said Alex. I don''t want him for silly money. Every recent picture I have seen he looks overweight. As he hasn''t played pre-season he will not be fit to fall straight into the team and it will take several weeks for him to get up to speed. Time to move on...

Sorry but Newcastle do have a better squad. And they are adding to it with ease. They identify someone and go and sign them.

[quote user="Timmy Time"]Sorry but Newcastle do have a better squad. And they are adding to it with ease. They identify someone and go and sign them.[/quote]

Sorry Timmy Time, but you fail to mention they''ve already lost some of their better players, certainly more than we''ve lost, but we can agree to disagree on who we thinks got the better players man for man - I think Newcastle''s squad is completely overrated but there you go. Happy to be proven wrong this season but we''ll see won''t we? 👍

No way are Newcastle overrated and the quality in manager just backs up why they are and that''s favourites.

We have a good squad but like Newcastle they need to perform in the championship, we have to see where we are come September regarding the squads.

It''s all about balanced opinions and not to mention the players they have bought most on here would have posted how much quality they add!

I really hope this deal doesn''t go through. I would rather we finished 9th this year and kept our money in the bank, and did some more scouting, to find younger, hungry players, like in the Lambert era,

McCormack is a hungry player, but not in the way we want.