Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

This is worrying!!!

Alex Neil''s comments on Martins inclusion was very worrying. Basically the thinking was that Firmino will start ahead of Benteke and that Martin is better equipped to deal with him and the pace aspect.

What about the fact that Martin can''t fu@&£&@ defend to save his life and anyone who knows football can clearly see he''s way out of his depth at Centre Back, and arguably the league.

It astounds me that Neil, who has been magnificent since his appointment, continues to believe Martin is a Centre Back and a good one at that. Even more amazing that he thinks he''s better than Bennett there.

I just don understand it and I don''t know what he''s seeing. All our goals seem to eminate from mistakes from Martin, Bassong or Ruddy. He made a change with Ruddy, the same needs to be done with Bassong and Martin or were going down.

Bassong didn''t make any obvious mistakes but the fact remains he was one half of the worst CB paring I think I''ve ever seen today. His Watford performance alone this season is reason enough that he needs to be replaced.

Neil needs to wake up and quick cause if he doesn''t and he persists with these two clowns were going down for sure.

Worrying!!!

We still need another CB who''s commanding in the air Like Tom Lees and another defensive midfielder if Dorrans is going to be considered better in that position than Mulumbu.

We''ve now sighed who we should have in summer, we still need a couple more players badly, especially as Mulumbu looks to have flopped, Dorrans is just a slightly worse version of Howson and Kean/Godfrey won''t be playing this year

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Alex Neil''s comments on Martins inclusion was very worrying. Basically the thinking was that Firmino will start ahead of Benteke and that Martin is better equipped to deal with him and the pace aspect.

What about the fact that Martin can''t fu@&£&@ defend to save his life and anyone who knows football can clearly see he''s way out of his depth at Centre Back, and arguably the league.

It astounds me that Neil, who has been magnificent since his appointment, continues to believe Martin is a Centre Back and a good one at that. Even more amazing that he thinks he''s better than Bennett there.

I just don understand it and I don''t know what he''s seeing. All our goals seem to eminate from mistakes from Martin, Bassong or Ruddy. He made a change with Ruddy, the same needs to be done with Bassong and Martin or were going down.

Bassong didn''t make any obvious mistakes but the fact remains he was one half of the worst CB paring I think I''ve ever seen today. His Watford performance alone this season is reason enough that he needs to be replaced.

Neil needs to wake up and quick cause if he doesn''t and he persists with these two clowns were going down for sure.

Worrying!!![/quote]........only posts when we lose.So, c''mon you guys,  ignore the good performances and save your energy for a good WHINGE![8o|]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]and anyone who knows football [/quote]

Would be managing a premier league side and not posting on the message boards like we all do....

You should be worried if you worry about everything and read into everything this much

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]and anyone who knows football [/quote]

Would be managing a premier league side and not posting on the message boards like we all do....[/quote]^^^This

He did also say this was because he thought Benteke was not playing. Certainly gave me the impression that had Benteke been playing so would Bennett

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Alex Neil''s comments on Martins inclusion was very worrying. Basically the thinking was that Firmino will start ahead of Benteke and that Martin is better equipped to deal with him and the pace aspect.

Worrying!!![/quote]
You know what, this would make a cracking podcast.

The biggest problem today was that we really missed Tettey.

Wisdom couldn''t have played and we now know that Bennett wasn''t available because his wife was giving birth.

Under the circumstances the decision to pair Martin and Bassong together in the centre of defence was perfectly understandable.

[quote user="alartz"]Wait for the abuse from the idiots that can''t see no wrong.

Continue the way we are and we will be relegated. FACT![/quote]So who should replace ''useless c**t'' Alex Neil then, alartz?

Best i not comment as it will only start dear old Huckerby off effing and jeffing as usual....oh hang on a minute. [:D]

Hopefully it has the Colchester effect and he realises Russell Martin is not cut out for prem football at CB from now on.

Dare I say it but perhaps losing today has kept us up in the long run! I am confident we can beat anyone at home if we get out back line even slightly sorted

[quote user="Al Harrington"]I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.[/quote]
I wouldn''t let that concern you too much. It''s when you agree with him "wholebrainedly" that you''re in trouble.

If you''re the worrying sort, what you should worry about is Alex Neil appearing to forget the lesson he claimed to have learnt from matches 1 to 11.

What is really worrying is the lack of intelligence, education and awareness shown on this message board.

[quote user="alartz"]Wait for the abuse from the idiots that can''t see no wrong.

Continue the way we are and we will be relegated. FACT![/quote]I think we all know if City carry on with their current poor results till end season it will mean relegation alartz, but Alex is changing the team, bringing in new players, but it takes time, if youre a true City fan you should appreciate it takes this club longer than other Premier teams to change personnel simply because of financial reasons. So, if it does spell relegation so what? Alex will still carry on building a new team.Whats this abuse you talk about? Or that some guys can see no wrong? If we are talking about Martin, even the most ardent Martin fans admit he has many flaws, ive seen no poster who says theres no wrong. As for abuse, you abuse those you call idiots, you are entitled to call their comments idiotic on a subject, but please dont call guys themselves idiots even if you think their comments are.

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]I trust AN to sort it out. Bennett and Klose in for Spurs?[/quote]

You''ll more likely see Klose and Bassong. Although I hope your right.

I have stayed away from this message board, just to get to terms with the defeat. I just know I was gonna start posting emotional nonsense. I think OP was too emotional too. But I think RM should never play at CB again. He is a right back! If Bennett would have played we would not have lost! I don''t think AN had a lot of options and Tettey was sorely missed. I blame the board for not spending before the season started! We needed defenders then!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I have stayed away from this message board, just to get to terms with the defeat. I just know I was gonna start posting emotional nonsense. I think OP was too emotional too. But I think RM should never play at CB again. He is a right back! If Bennett would have played we would not have lost! I don''t think AN had a lot of options and Tettey was sorely missed. I blame the board for not spending before the season started! We needed defenders then![/quote]

He had three option play Bennett and Mulumbu, who at least would have dug in more than Dorrans and or change it as others have said when it was painfully obvious that the game had turned heavily in Liverpools favour. That''s three decisions that AN is paid to make and on tis occasion he got all three wrong. Don''t get me wrong I think we should stick with AN and everyone makes errors in judgement but it''s time to start learning from these mistakes not keep repeating the same ones.

Not had enough time to verify these stats I''ve just seen on Twitter, but if true they kind of back up most people''s logic re Bennett''s performances for us.

With Bennett 17 games conceded 19

Without Bennett 10 games conceded 24

As we have only played 23 PL games I will assume Cup games are included...

Not to pee on your chips Til but AN definitely said after that Bennett was available but not picked as he felt RM was better suited to play against Firmino...

Whilst Dorrans is a very accurate and effective distributor of the ball, I think we all know he lacks the requisite mobility and defensive awareness to play as a genuine holding midfielder. The second goal where he allowed Henderson to run totally unchecked into the area being evidence of this.

I think in an ideal world Alex Neil would have liked to have played Mulumbu today in Tettey''s absence but unfortunately Mulumbu has been in such poor form of late (just look at the Man City game) that you just can''t select him. Gary O''Neil was also sorely missed in this game due to his moment of madness against Stoke. Neither of those factors which led to Dorrans starting are AN''s fault in my opinion.

The debate will rage on about whether Martin, Bassong or Bennett should be the starting centre back/backs but to be honest it''s akin to rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic. None of them are actually good enough to play at this level. We just have to hope to God that Klose is and he can coax some half decent performances out of one of the other 3.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Christ you lot really are children aren''t you.

Except the mature folk who actually replied appropriately to the OP of course.[/quote]
What do we want?
A PODCAST!
When do we want it?
NOW!