Sign in to follow this  
Stylish Canary

Teams to go down

Too early to tell atm, but I don''t see us in that trio after yesterday''s superb performance.

A bit silly to judge after only 5 games but i think Bournemouth and Watford will struggle as the season progresses. Sunderland will get in a new manager and possibly get out of the mire at the death. My 3rd team will be WBA.

Those do look the most likely. There is usually a dead duck who finally sinks after a number of years of struggling. Fulham, Bolton and Blackburn. I wouldn''t rule Stoke out of that mix either. Bournemouth are just way too far over their head. Money talks and with a ground that holds less than 12,000 they are already handicapped. It appears they couldn''t even sellout that amount either for the home game v Leicester.

Newcastle, Bournemouth and us unfortunately.

Sunderland will do their usual late escape act by hiring Big Sam this time around to lift them out of trouble late on.

Look at the table - us, and everyone below us, with the exception of Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea are contenders.Although it''s only 5 games, the more I see the more I think we''ll be ok and the more I believe there are sevaral teams that are worse than us..If I had to pick 3 at this stage, my 3 would be Sunderland, Villa and Stoke.

I''m with the others Chelsea and two out of Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa and Sunderland all huge, massive teams according to their fans.

The three teams that finish in the bottom three at the end of the season. [:P]Perm any three from Bournemouth, Watford, Villa, WBA, Newcastle and Sunderland.

As the season goes on and injuries/suspensions start to bite, that is when we''ll see how much depth we and others have. I do wonder whether Bournemouth will be found out - they''ve not been helped by injuries to two of their main signings, though IMO both were well over-priced. I''m also far from convinced by Villa and Sunderland at the moment.

I have to say that we have looked pretty decent in all our games so far, other than at Saints, and should be ok if we can keep those levels up - bear in mind we have had a couple of injuries and a suspension already and seemed to manage those ok. But time will tell, everything can change very quickly in football.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]As the season goes on and injuries/suspensions start to bite, that is when we''ll see how much depth we and others have. I do wonder whether Bournemouth will be found out - they''ve not been helped by injuries to two of their main signings, though IMO both were well over-priced. I''m also far from convinced by Villa and Sunderland at the moment.

I have to say that we have looked pretty decent in all our games so far, other than at Saints, and should be ok if we can keep those levels up - bear in mind we have had a couple of injuries and a suspension already and seemed to manage those ok. But time will tell, everything can change very quickly in football.[/quote]

We could well struggle if Bassong was out for any length of time - hopefully we''ll make backup in that area a priority come January

I''m sure Bennett would step up if we get a need to replace either CB. I think he could be a solid player if he could stay clear of injury and work hard. AN must be happy to have him as the back up.

Fingers crossed to a few weeks where both Martin & Bassong carry on as they looked a really good pairing this weekend.

Bournemouth have been stuffed somewhat by Gradel getting injured. Talking about strength in depth, Josh King should be absolutely nowhere near any PL squad let alone starting!

I would probably now have to go with Bournemouth, Villa, and Watford. But as has already been mentioned it''s going to be tight, and could be any 3 from about 10 clubs...

As much as I would quite enjoy seeing Villa finally falling through the trap door, they always seem to scrape a few home wins together that keeps their heads above water.. looks like itl be Bournemouth, Sunderland and toss up between us and Watford. We are just a couple injuries in key areas away from being in real problems, I just cannot see our luck holding out on that one esp when the winter months come along.

I think people are overreacting to Bournemouth losing in a similar way to how some on here react when Norwich lose. The current bottom three are fairer choices for relegation, they''re stale.

Interesting that many are predicting the two teams that we have beaten to go down. Neither Sunderland or Bournemouth have been as outclassed in other games as they were against us.

Having said that I do think Bournemouth have a lack of squad depth so they would be one of my three. Really uncertain about the other two and could be one of several. Happy that we''ll be Ok although it will be tight and we need a bit of luck not to have a couple of defensive injuries at the same time.

Bournemouth, Sunderland and Stoke...... maybe

Rather pointless after only 5 games to pick the three to go down as so much can change over the season. Sunderland fans must be concerned as, although they are playing much better than they did against us, they are not getting much in the way of results. I don''t see Borini scoring loads of goals and Defoe is wasted being played out wide. I don''t see Stoke being down there come the end of the season, nor Chelsea obviously, so it will probably be any three of West Brom, Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland and the three promoted clubs. Hopefully given our performances so far, Southampton excluded, we shall keep our heads above water.

Very hard to say because it''s almost certain the teams that are in the mix early on will change their managers and can have an unlikely revival eg Sunderland or Palace. I really can see everyone from us down being in the mix although surely Chelse and Liverpool will get their act together sufficiently that it won''t include them.

"Can''t see Newcastle going down."

You''re obviously not watching tonight''s game then?! Absolute shambles, team bus turned up late, shame it didn''t get lost completely on this evidence! They can''t string 2 passes together let alone fashion a shot in anger for the Wally with the Brolly. Plenty good enough for em'' though.

Newcastle seems to be a bit of a bonkers club, so I wouldn''t be surprised if they go down! Ashley always seems to choose terrible managers and will sell any players he can make a few quid on. Even Pardew seemed a strange choice at the time having failed at West Ham, Carlton and Southampton. Although he obviously learnt from his mistakes and is now a very good manager. Yet a lot Newcastle fans wanted him out!

Thing is too with "little old" Bournemouth is that they have their billionaire owner to dig them out of teh mire in January, if need be.

Sunderland look awful.

Newcastle also have resources to improve in January.

Watford and Sunderland probably for me, but the other one? Not sure.

It will take a fair few quid to pay off the golden boy and recruit a decent manager in that case. I know we had a few lower league enthuisiasts when we came up last time but Bournemouth have much the same back four as they did in L1. Recruiting a lower league thug (Mings) and an aged has been (Distin) is hardly the way to address such failings. It could be too late by January.

I''m amazed as to why no one has selected Stoke as relegation candidates! [:O] Nailed on aren''t they, what with 2pts from 5 games and the serial underachiever Hughes as manager into his second season there?So it''ll be Stoke & Sunderland -- I''ll give you my other one in January.

[quote user="Strawman"]I''m amazed as to why no one has selected Stoke as relegation candidates! [:O] Nailed on aren''t they, what with 2pts from 5 games and the serial underachiever Hughes as manager into his second season there?So it''ll be Stoke & Sunderland -- I''ll give you my other one in January. [/quote][:$] Oops! Apologies to ''Making Plans'' & ''Hairy Canary'' who despite having awful usernames have wisely opted for Stoke.Should''ve read the thread through.