Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Heres to you Bradley Johnson

We need to show our appreciation to BJ.During the B''mouth game there should be a minutes applause on 4 minutes (his squad number last season) AND 24 minutes (the time of his goal against the binners last season).

Yep, Cheers Bradders, that screamer you scored against them will forever be etched in my mind. When they invent Video Tattoos it will be etched on my chest.

It was the training ground facilities that did it! Or is there some kind of choice of cards that the players get to read out when they get transferred.

1. Facilities are great.

2. More opportunities to play.

3 Club history.

DERBY County''s new club record signing Bradley Johnson believes he has joined a club with "great potential".

The Rams signed Johnson from Norwich City just before the transfer window closed on Tuesday in a £6m deal.

The former Leeds United midfielder arrives on a four-year contract.

"I''m delighted to come to such a club with great history and such great potential," said the 28-year-old.

"I am delighted to sign and I''m looking forward to getting started.

"As soon as I heard Derby had shown interest in me, I wanted to come and talk to the club.

"I came down, walked around the training ground – they are great facilities – and I watched the lads train.

"I just wanted to get signed up."

Johnson helped Norwich win promotion to the Premier League via the Championship play-off final last season.

"Derby have been close to winning promotion in the last two seasons, something I did with Norwich last season," he added.

"Things didn''t work out for me at Norwich and I have come here and I''m looking forward to, hopefully, doing that (winning promotion) at Derby."

as I walked through castle Mall early this morning there was a Bradley Johnson 4 shirt in the window of the Cabbage shop. On the way back I was going to offer a cheeky fiver for it but they had replaced it with a Redmond shirt by the time I had got back...

I miss him already and we haven''t even played a game.
Wonder how Ginger Pele is coping!
[:''(]

BJ ''s was one of the best players at the club.

Not sure if he was a wee bit impatient - another half dozen games and he could''ve been back in central midfield.

Dorrans can pass the ball but the premiership''s about winning the ball first. Dorrans (like Foxy) is going to be shown up big time - not that I want to see it happen but you just need combative players & BJ is our most combative. Can head & shoot as well as put in the niggle. The winter month''s he would''ve come into his own.

I still stand by that I think BJ, Tettey & Hoolahan would''ve been our most effective central midfield combination - not most attractive but the one that would have saw us through the 38 games with our status unscathed.

An absolute scandal and added to this no one at the club has had the bottle to come out and explain the reason. If we are back in the championship next season he may pass us on the way and we will regret his loss

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

"Things didn''t work out for me at Norwich "

[/quote]Whatever is that all about ??????????????

Thank you Bradley for all the memories and for your commitment to the cause. You deserve to be remembered well.

BUT ..... for everyone who is saying it was a mistake to give him what he wanted, first team football, where would you play him in the present City team?

Six Pack wrote the following post at 02/09/2015 11:40 AM:

BJ ''s was one of the best players at the club.

Not sure if he was a wee bit impatient - another half dozen games and he could''ve been back in central midfield.

Dorrans can pass the ball but the premiership''s about winning the ball first. Dorrans (like Foxy) is going to be shown up big time - not that I want to see it happen but you just need combative players & BJ is our most combative. Can head & shoot as well as put in the niggle. The winter month''s he would''ve come into his own.

I still stand by that I think BJ, Tettey & Hoolahan would''ve been our most effective central midfield combination - not most attractive but the one that would have saw us through the 38 games with our status unscathed.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry but I don''t see it like that at all.

In the PL I remember too many mistimed tackles & misplaced passes when playing as a DM. He also went missing a few times. By luck or judgement, in the Champs. he got pushed up to LM, which suited his abilities much better - in the Champs. He is simply not good enough, skillful enough or quick enough to trouble PL defences & would not have fitted in to our structure. Strangely, I think Fox is the closest analogy to BJ - in terms of fans'' attitude towards the player''s abilities.

He could have weighed in with a goal or two (literally), but has far less to offer than a player like Dorrans. He would have been a fringe squad player, that''s all.

A good move for all concerned.

Yeaaaaaaaah well this is a load of $hit!

And people wonder why the rest of the world percieve us to be a small team...

Average midfielder who had 1 good season out of 4. The good season being at a lower level. Yes he played well in a lot of games last season and scored some crucial goals, but so did Grabban, Howson, Martin etc...

Getting £6m for him is astonoshing!

"Things didn''t work out for me at Norwich "

Yea I don''t get that:

Penned a new deal until 2018 in February.

Got promoted to the premier league.

Was in and around the match day squad.

Made Captain for League Cup game.

What wasn''t working out after only a month back in the PL? being a squad player? he would have got his chance.

Something definitely stinks about this and I''ll doubt we''ll find out why.