Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Pilkington to Cardiff

Sorry Adnams, but how is the club ''haemorrhaging'' money on transfers? We received way over the odds for Snod, as decent a deal for RvW as we could expect and £1m -odd on a sicknote, whilst so far getting in a decent freebie and two £2-3m players.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]younger and hungrier he''s only 26 for god sake thats the prime of most footballers. I don''t remember too many people saying he''s done nothing when he scored the winner against Manure.

i''m not sure how you can call him disruptive when he clearly wants to play and the manager makes a load of BS about him being injured.[/quote]Yes but what trajectory has his career taken since he scored the winner against Man U? Did he kick on? No, he spent 18 months being either injured or frustratingly enigmatic. I take your point about the ''injury'' situation, but with respect none of us know what''s actually happened there. It might be Adams is freezing him out, it might be that he''s got an attitude problem, it might be that he has an injury. Either way, he''s not done much to justify his wages in the last 18 months.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Adnams, but how is the club ''haemorrhaging'' money on transfers? We received way over the odds for Snod, as decent a deal for RvW as we could expect and £1m -odd on a sicknote, whilst so far getting in a decent freebie and two £2-3m players.[/quote]A lot of players have left on frees, even the free ones like Adeyemi and Chris Martin! Who will be next to be sold at a cut price - Becchio or Bassong? Snoddy is an exception, but we seldom make much on selling players.

[quote user="Adnams Out"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Adnams, but how is the club ''haemorrhaging'' money on transfers? We received way over the odds for Snod, as decent a deal for RvW as we could expect and £1m -odd on a sicknote, whilst so far getting in a decent freebie and two £2-3m players.[/quote]
A lot of players have left on frees, even the free ones like Adeyemi and Chris Martin! Who will be next to be sold at a cut price - Becchio or Bassong? Snoddy is an exception, but we seldom make much on selling players.
[/quote]

Over the years we''ve made a ton of money selling players. When we do make a loss it''s nothing like he profit we usually make.

Football transfers are part of the business. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. We win more.

People should face facts, as he had not signed a new contract it was likely that he was going to leave at the end of the season. Given that, would he be motivated during this season? Would he risk getting stuck in and getting injured? Probably not. If the fee is just over £1m that should be telling you something given McNallys deal re Wolf.  As we got little from Pilkington last season I''m glad that we look like getting any sort of  fee for him and avoid paying him wages for this season.  Good luck to the player and Cardiffs pysio!

It was obvious from day 1 that Pilks did not feature in Adams''s plans

It is however stupid to sell to one of our key championship rivals

I understand the point about selling to a rival, but if they place the best offer on the table, and the player wants to go, and he happens to be in his final year, what would people suggest?

We need all players focussed on the job in hand, any player having his head turned or wanting to leave has to go in my opinion, then invest in some hungry players. Pilks has been injured and out of form for 18 months, his value is low, he wanted to leave in January.

We don''t have the power to hold onto these players and, frankly why would you want to when Pilks has produced the level of performance seen in the past 18 months???

I am dissapointed about this and my confidence in the Adams Regime is sinking by the minute...I just can''t see us challenging 4 anything this season!!!

Back up to the PL?, no fooking way!

Last few tweets from Paddy

Paddy Davitt ‏@paddyjdavitt 1m

Quotes on skysports this am from #ccfc OGS on #ncfc Pilks move to follow. £1m figure quoted is wide of the mark. North of that.

#ccfc OGS: ''We''re looking at different options in different positions, and maybe we lack a wide-man.'' #ncfc

#ccfc OGS: ''We''ll have to see what happens when we get Anthony Pilkington signed, and it''s something we''ll have to look at.'' #ncfc

Sounds like a done deal then, but for more than being reported so far.

I would say anything near 3m and its a good deal.

Although Transfer Markt value him at £3.96M

I got howled down by this forum two years ago when I said both Pilko & E.Bennett should be replaced as neither were good enough to be in our team.Then, we might have got some decent money for them, but now we have to take what we can get and be grateful.Can''t see Benno being on anybody''s shopping list after Sunday and as for Pilko knowing where the goal is, as he usually turns back towards his own goal as soon as he receives the ball, then I suppose that''s right.

Pinkun is saying 2m for him, which is not bad for an unreliable player in the final year of his contract, I wasn''t too unhappy when I thought it was only 1m.

I feel that in a way it''s bad business to sell for (potentially) so little to a rival, however, as others have said, bad attitude, sicknote, etc... so I''m not too dissapointed.

I think that from what''s happened since he came in we can now say who the exceptions were when Adams said he''d spoken to all of the players and almost to a man they wanted to stay and fight, Pilks, Becchio, Bassong obviously don''t/didn''t, I suspect that RVW did but in that instance it is good business with his high wages and lack of suitability for a season in the championship .

Not sad about him going especially if it''s £2M.

I am sad that he didn''t really show his true potential, was injured too much and was never as good as he thought he was.

Oxford, your yoke must be a heavy burden, its hard being a genius unrecognised in your time. I know how you feel dear boy,

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: Pilkington to Cardiff

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: Pilkington to Cardiff

Yellow Wall wrote the following post at 14/08/2014 11:21 AM:

Not sad about him going especially if it''s £2M.

I am sad that he didn''t really show his true potential, was injured too much and was never as good as he thought he was.

He was good Yellow but only in brief spells, not enough really. His beard however was immense and made be feel hugely inadequate.

I look at it purely on the footballing side. Pilkington is a very good player. A lot of players have attitudes - look at Suarez - but they have ability

Forget about he didn''t performed last season rubbish - nobody performed - that''s why we got relegated - class is permanent.

I don''t want to see any of our good players leaving. The Cardiff fans must be doubling up & rolling around in laughter at the thought of such a deal and at how blind some on this forum are.

On the left of midfield Adams is offering Surman a new contract and is not willing to accommodate Pilkington at the slightest. This is similar to preferring a 2 stroke lawnmower engine to a V6.

Nobody should be ok with this deal !

[quote user="Six Pack"]I look at it purely on the footballing side. Pilkington is a very good player. A lot of players have attitudes - look at Suarez - but they have ability

Forget about he didn''t performed last season rubbish - nobody performed - that''s why we got relegated - class is permanent.

I don''t want to see any of our good players leaving. The Cardiff fans must be doubling up & rolling around in laughter at the thought of such a deal and at how blind some on this forum are.

On the left of midfield Adams is offering Surman a new contract and is not willing to accommodate Pilkington at the slightest. This is similar to preferring a 2 stroke lawnmower engine to a V6.

Nobody should be ok with this deal ![/quote]

Very much this /\

[quote user="Six Pack"]I look at it purely on the footballing side. Pilkington is a very good player. A lot of players have attitudes - look at Suarez - but they have ability

Nobody should be ok with this deal ![/quote]

Very much this /\

Well to me Pilks'' heart hasn''t been in it for a while - since the hipster beard started - blame it on the beard!

In all seriousness the squad could do with a shake up, just to get a different feel around the place post relegation, and Pilks is definitely not irreplaceable.

It''s definitely not a case of Adams preferring Surman to Pilks, because they are completely different players, and Adams would know that. I fully expect us to sign a replacement winger, who ideally in my eyes would be in the style of Jamie Mackie - a harrassing, energy filled pain in the arse for the opposition who also has some quality.

I think Pilks is a good player, not sure he has a bad attitude but has struggled with injury for many years with us now.

good business sense and I wish him well.

[quote user="SplatCat"]blame it on the beard![/quote]That''s different, must try that........BEARD OUT!! [:@] [:@] [:@]

Trouble with Pilks is that he''s rarely contributed to the level he is capable of.  He''s been out injured or just played below par for most of his time here.

He''s also a player that is weak away from home.

I can remember Pilks being substituted in the first half more often than any other player for City, ever.  Which I always think is a really bad sign - if you''re not able to play even a half of football, you should be able to work it out at the start of the game, not force the manager to use a substitution when the game has hardly got going.  We''re not talking about a player suffering a bad challenge early on, just a muscle strain.

So I won''t be disappointed to see him go, especially as his attitude has clearly been a problem for some time now.

Correct....if you get a full season out of him he''s absolute quality. Ever since the injuries it''s taken him longer and longerr to get back to full fitness and I believe with a year left on the contract it''s probobly the right time to cash in.

If, and only if Adams can spend the money on a quality replacement then I can''t disregard it as a bad piece of business.

Also got to look at the positives and currently fer and Redmond are still city players. In a midfield with tettey/Howson/hoolahan/Bennett/surman we still have arguably the best in the division

[quote user="Jenkins"]Oxford, your yoke must be a heavy burden, its hard being a genius unrecognised in your time. I know how you feel dear boy,[/quote]It is indeed a heavy burden Jenkins, especially when nobody can accept the fact that I am right and they are wrong.Unfortunately my impeccable record is somewhat tarnished as I persistently came out in support of Hoots and did indeed forecast that he would still be here now! Ouch!

[quote user="Orford65"][quote user="Jenkins"]Oxford, your yoke must be a heavy burden, its hard being a genius unrecognised in your time. I know how you feel dear boy,[/quote]

It is indeed a heavy burden Jenkins, especially when nobody can accept the fact that I am right and they are wrong.

Unfortunately my impeccable record is somewhat tarnished as I persistently came out in support of Hoots and did indeed forecast that he would still be here now! Ouch!
[/quote]

Top marks for '' outing''yourself Orford.

Most on here would''ve kept a low profile hoping not to be discovered and, when they were busted,would be in complete denial while lashing out at all and sundry at the same time.

Infamy, infamy, they''ve all got it infamy......[:D]