Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Hughton gone. Adams in.

I don''t think ''happy'' is the correct way to describe how I''m feeling. Hughton, for all his faults, was a decent, hard working, man. I even think he is still a good manager even though it was becoming abundantly clear that his time at Norwich was drawing to a painful close.

Let''s not get confused here, this is an act of desperation from a desperate board who are doing whatever they can to try and keep this side in the Premier League, so I''m far from ''happy'' with the current situation.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]That''s relegation nailed on.  Board has lost its nerve.   Hope you are all happy with that.[/quote]

FFS Lakey get over yourself. There was no way back after events yesterday on and off the pitch.

[/quote]

Ok.  We''ll never know if Hughton could have got us over the line - but I hope Adams can, now the decision has been made.

[quote user="lake district canary"]That''s relegation nailed on.  Board has lost its nerve.   Hope you are all happy with that.[/quote]
We were nailed on for relegation with Clueless Chris at the helm so F*ck it. If Adams takes us down, he takes us down, no fan with an ounce of sense would blame him, he''s got the bottle to take on a monumental task and a situation that is nothing to do with him.
Are we happy? YES. I for one am F*CKING ECSTATIC. The nightmare is over and there is hope once more. If we get relegated then it''s all on Hughton so I''ve no issue with whatever happens between now and the end of the season. 

We''ve gone from nearly nailed on to be relegated and having the prospect of having an awful poisonous atmosphere at the remaining games to at least giving ourselves a chance.

Well done board, gutsy decision and I personally am thrilled :D

This is a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. If Adams does somehow keep us up then the board will have dodged a bullet, but if (as is likely) we go down, they will be in a world of trouble. I presume Adams will tell them to go out and play with freedom and express themselves, the direct opposite of what they''ve been doing for the last two years. It could be a master stroke, but I think it''s more likely to be a shambles.

[quote user="lake district canary"]That''s relegation nailed on.  Board has lost its nerve.   Hope you are all happy with that.

[/quote]

Your comment, IMO, sums you up perfectly based upon words out of your own mouth, as it should be.

Either your comment here is not sincere, in which case you''re trolling, or your comment is sincere, in which case your constant drum beating repetition over a long time of how you share optimism on here to counter the negativity of others is, at best, hypocritical? Which is it, or would you like to wriggle ( foolishly ) for another explanation?

Bor, you play your role as Shakespearean fool to perfection. The genius will be lost on most.

Beefy, I am afraid it does raise considerable concerns. As Ricardo intimates they were left with an option that they didn''t want to take, hands were forced.

This is almost a one-game, anyone-but-him decision. Quite extraordinary. Dragging the first person out of the canteen at Colney (good luck Neil) will raise eyebrows everywhere.

Let''s hope it works.

I don''t think I mind Adams in just for the rest of the season, as we''ve been saying, just a last roll of the dice. However, I think we will need to bring in an experienced manager this summer.

To those not happy with this - no one is saying it will save our season, just that it gives a better chance without the three stooges.

No doubt the board are culpable for where we are but this gives a glimmer of hope of staying up

12 wins in his last 53.

16 games with over a goal scored in his 71.

Millions spent but constantly behind our points score under PL.

Lost at home to a Conference side in the FA Cup.

A severely limited, unimaginative and consistently out thought coach who should be forever tarnished with the blame for almost certainly taking a decent Premiership squad down and wasting a hard fought for and dazzling legacy.

He certainly won''t be missed.

Yes, the atmosphere could have become shocking. Imagine the effect on the fans. We may be rubbish at times but now at least we have someone with sheer passion. If he fails, he fails, not his fault. I''m actually looking forward now to Fulham. We desperately need a change.

The board have acted 4 months too late. Anyway good luck Neil! Let''s get the confidence up and get 3 points Saturday, that might just be enough. Clearly the board are relying on the new manager syndrome to get us over the line. Time to be a true hero Neil!

I think the board had to do something after the last few weeks. I can''t imagine that there was anything new that Hughton could try or say. With luck one win will be enough

Good decision. It''s a roll of the dice as we were only going one way. Even gunny won his first game in chance.

The biggest question though is whether it''s permanent or not. It surely MUST be to the end of the season and take it from there. A permanent decision would be ridiculous at this stage.

Bring in Hucks to help out.

Having read, and re-read the statement on the official site I''m sure you''ll find that it''s a permanent appointment of neil adams. nowhere does it say that it''s temporary just that they want to "give the Club the maximum chance to secure the points required between now and the end of the season to ensure retention of our Barclays Premier League status". That doesn''t mean it''s temporary.

I could be wrong though (it''s been known)

That''s how I read it spudgfish.

For me, Adams as temp is a good decision.

But Adams as Permanent at this stage is poor.

feel sorry for adams, hes probably going to take us down

hughton should have gone 6 months ago, but im over the fknn moooon hes gone

nice guys finish last, thank fckk for that

lets hope adams doesnt play inverted wingersOTBC

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]That''s relegation nailed on.  Board has lost its nerve.   Hope you are all happy with that.[/quote]

Your comment, IMO, sums you up perfectly based upon words out of your own mouth, as it should be.

[/quote]

My instant reaction.  If you look later on, I wish Adams well.  It certainly looks like a desperate measure.   If they were going to sack Hughton this season, it should have been after the 7-0 !

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Sorry LDC but its the right and only decision after what happened Saturday.[/quote]#

So the theory of Dead Cat bounce plays the Bogey team scenario Ricardo? I don''t think I can watch anymore...

[/quote]As I said before, all bogeys eventually end.Hope to Christ it''s this Saturday.

[quote user="flecky76"]That''s how I read it spudgfish.

For me, Adams as temp is a good decision.

But Adams as Permanent at this stage is poor.[/quote]

I read the second paragraph talking about securing points between now and the end of the season as being a temporary appointment.

But agree that it is ambiguous.

quote user="Feedthewolf"This is a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. If Adams does somehow keep us up then the board will have dodged a bullet, but if (as is likely) we go down, they will be in a world of trouble. I presume Adams will tell them to go out and play with freedom and express themselves, the direct opposite of what they''ve been doing for the last two years. It could be a master stroke, but I think it''s more likely to be a shambles./quote

Couldn''t agree more with this. Why do people think that all of a sudden Adams will inspire us to victories? He has no experience, no coaching staff, no Premier League tactical nous. This may prove a total disaster. I really hope he can inspire us to win the one game that we need, but I don''t understand how this decision gives us any more of a chance. I think it has made things that much more difficult

We know we have some decent players, they need orgaising better and motivating, hopefully Neeyull will do this. Will be interesting to see who his assistant is and the line up on Saturday. Bearing in mind he has brought the Murphy brothers through I would hope to see Redmond in for a start.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]That''s relegation nailed on.  Board has lost its nerve.   Hope you are all happy with that.
[/quote]

[/quote]

My instant reaction.  If you look later on, I wish Adams well.  It certainly looks like a desperate measure.   If they were going to sack Hughton this season, it should have been after the 7-0 !

[/quote]

Fair enough, but if you are as positive a person as you believe, and as you like to share on this forum so often, then your instant reaction should have included the positive aspect immediately like so many others rather  than, "That''s relegation nailed on." After all that''s what positive people do. They look for the good that can come out of something.

I think it''s the right decision, but a real gamble.

I wanted Hughton to leave, but I think we should have the good grace to accept he was doing his best and that he was always dignified.

Looking forward to seeing who helps Adams - and how he sets us up.

[quote user="Cipollini"]Nothing to lose. Absolutely the right decision. Should have happened a long time ago.[/quote]Well, yeah and no, I mean a long time ago we didn''t have "nothing to lose".  That smacks of panic to me, not saying that''s not the right decision because you can make the right decision when panicking, but that''s certainly curious timing given our run-in.