Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

If we stay up do you want CH to carry on ?

YES - probably!

It really depends how we stay up. If we lose all of our remaining games, but stay up because three teams can''t manage to overtake 32 points then I wouldn''t want him to stay.

If we put in performances like yesterday in the majority of our remaining games and stay up as a result then of course he''ll stay.

I believe CH has the potential to be a decent manager, let''s not forget he''s still new to the managing role and I think his ethic is get the back for solid then work on that, we haven''t lost at the fortress Carrow road this year and we have had some tough games - I think in the summer if he gets some more diverse/creative midfielders and he tweaks his playing style to suit the strikers he''s bought we will be sailing midtable - it also comes down to the factor of back room staff and how they are trying to develop our talent maybe not all the blame should be on him, my answer is a soft yes.

Not fussed either way.The next man is no more likely to be successful in this league than Chris Hughton. Yet people continue to think the grass is greener somewhere else. It maybe for a while, but nothing lasts forever.

the latter being a good reason for being rid of Hughtonwhat worries many is not so much the league position but the way Hughton has stagnated so mnay playersfolk like Hooper RVW and Becchio came here with strong proven scoring abilitySnodgrass seems to have forgotten how to cross, Redmond has become mr headless chicken and Hoolahan was kept out for so long ,,, why ?the fear must be that the damage he has done could well lead to players seeking development elsewhereand lord alone knows what he will do to the up and coming youth team

You could answer the same question another way: Do you have the education and or intelligence to grasp CH is an out performing manager 2 seasons running.

Difficult. In principle no because i have been very critical of the style and philosophy of football this last 2 seasons. I am nervous about some of the possible alternatives but if he does stay he has to change and be more like we were against Sunderland. I dread another season like this

When he keeps us up two seasons running he had probably met his targets and exceeded return on cash spent so changing him would be harsh

However he has struggled to keep us entertained or onside with some odd choices and decisions. That lack of fan trust is hard to overcome. He has also improved things over last season, as hard as some may accept that.

Personally I have struggled with his approach and have wanted a change for 18+ months but can also see that he has needed to overhaul a poor squad with relatively limited resources. however I do feel this squad did have the potential to match soton or Newcastle and too often we have been Sunderland or Cardiff

If we can remove the inconsistency in performance and maintain our positive approach then stick. I don''t think it will happen after 2 seasons of the same though.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]No

Yesterday is a one off.[/quote]

Increasingly I think this may be the case. Sunderland were incredibly poor, I have a fear that Swansea won''t be the same when we.should have more of the same

If we repeat it between now and the end of the season?

Dear god, no. Couldn''t handle another season of the uninspiring, negative football we''ve been dished up for two years. Yesterday was admittedly better, but performances like that have been few and far between.It''d be a case of ''thanks, but it''s time we all went our separate ways'', for me.

Depends on who would be on the list as a replacement?

If Hughton can get this lot playing with the effort and passion of this week & Spurs for the rest of the seaosn then why should he be forced out?

1, we have only been in the bottom 3 for one week this year!

2, We now sit 7 points above the bottom 3!

3, We are unbeaten at home in 2014!

4, The board & players still belive in him to do a job!

5, If we stay up and end up in 12th or 13th then he has delivered the boards requested targets!

If the next 7 games follow this weekends effort, organisation and passion then who can complain?

I know, I''m still a Hughton out at the end of the season based on the level of perfromance over the past 2 years, but Hughton has done a good job overall, even if the football is questionable.

We have only been bottom 3 for three weeks under Hugton in 2 seasons.

We finished 11th.

We had the best unbeaten run in the top flight under him too!

I know it''s easy to say replace him, but he has not been as bad as some make out! I am to be convinced but 7 games to go and if we put in a shift like this weekend from here on in, why change for a similliar leve manager? We are not going to attracked a high profile manager so maybe out of those available to City he migt just be the best option for another seaosn.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Indy, I think it''s the previous thirty odd games that most people has a problem with[/quote]Cardiff seem happy with their 3-6 home defeat but may feel differently when confronting Millwall and Watford next season.This is a hard league and taking on superior sides at their own game usually ends up in only one way. To survive you sometimes have to be like Stoke. It might not be pretty but looks like they''ve got another year in the big time.

Ricardo - Stoke under Hughes are not the same as Stoke under Pullis.

They saw that changes were needed and made that change, Hughes will change their style and entertain their supporters.

Yes, it seems Hughton got it right yesterday, and I would like to see more of the same, but I am quite sure we will not go to Swansea and play the same way. His defensive, precautionary tactics will come out again and we will hope we scrape a draw.

Play like we did yesterday, win, lose or draw and he would get my support.

NO. However, I do empathise with Ricardo''s position i.e. that the replacement manager will probably fare no better. That having been said, having supported Hughton right through to the end of last year and then witnessing the dross of Boxing Day against Fulham and subsequent matches (Spurs and yesterday being the rare exceptions), I am now very much of the view that a change may be for the good and if it isn''t well at least we tried.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Ricardo - Stoke under Hughes are not the same as Stoke under Pullis.

They saw that changes were needed and made that change, Hughes will change their style and entertain their supporters.

Yes, it seems Hughton got it right yesterday, and I would like to see more of the same, but I am quite sure we will not go to Swansea and play the same way. His defensive, precautionary tactics will come out again and we will hope we scrape a draw.

Play like we did yesterday, win, lose or draw and he would get my support.[/quote]I would hardly call them entertaining. In the two games against us they looked second best and were lucky to get away with a point. I would agree that they have a bit more under Hughes than Pullis but that''s not saying much. The word I would use to describe them is "uncompromising". They don''t often get hammered by the big boys and pick up enough points from the rest. It''s an example of how the small fry are able to thrive in this league. Playing an open game against the likes of Liverpool and Man City is not sensible football.

Stoke didn''t look a lot different a fortnight ago. I think Hughes targets games for them in the same way Hughton does for us. Overall there''s very little difference between Stoke and us. Hughes or Pulis. Stoke are the exception for teams promoted to the Prem. They''ve been there 6 seasons now. This was the league table in their first season : -

http://espnfc.com/tables/_/league/eng.1/season/2008/barclays-premier-league?cc=5739

Makes you think....

If there is a better manager out there who can improve on Hughton then i think we should change.However, the likes of Malky, Neil Lennon, Hoddle etc are not going to improve our results on this year, IMHO.

Yesterday shows what this squad is capable of. Sunderland were poor but I thought our passing and movement were excellent. But one good performance does not persuade me that CH is the right man, I still feel that with him we are underperforming and some players have bags more potential. I''d love to see Ricky and Hoops getting good little balls through and faster attacks- when Olsson broke quickly yesterday and Elmander harried Sunderland''s defenders we looked a potent side for a change. But one game does not make all the preceding *carp* this season somehow melt away.

Nutty - the saddest thing about that table is the team in 14th place.

They are now 3 points above going out of the football league. And that was just five seasons ago!

How quickly things can change.

It is sad. Because they had some of the best fans in the PL ever!

But that table just shows how difficult it is for promoted teams to stay up. And it takes something special to do it even with extra money because Stoke had investment above the league funding. Although I don''t know if Coates still props them up to any great extent. But if he does it will be wages. And I wouldn''t mind betting we''re still bottom 3 for wages paid. Which makes our achievements even greater and some expectations even more ridiculous.

How could you possibly sack a manager who has just kept the club for a second time?
Some people are blinded by their dislike of Hughton and will never let go of their negative attitude towards him.
I can safely say I''m very glad that far more sensible and intelligent people are in charge of this football club.

Yes, probably.I can understand the temptation to want change but for it to make sense it would need to be somebody definitely better. He has clearly done an ok job - it would be easy to get a lot worse!