Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Missing posters

Three that I miss or who rarely post are Dylanisabaddog, EricPicklesPieSupplier and BryanGunnsHairline.   People not afraid to say what they think and without resorting to abuse (unlike some prolific posters).   There are others who I keep in touch with who no longer post due to them getting fed up with fighting past the bullies and wind up merchants.  But there are a lot who do post well and that and that is what keeps me here.  It may be entertaining for some to feel like they are a top dog, or feel like they are winding others up, but they just make themselves look stupid as most of us can see straight through them.   The quality of the board is only as good as its present posters and while some disappear and come back in a different guise, the good ones that don''t come back - the board is less without them. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I don''t disagree with any of your points, Nutty; my main concern is simply the ratios/proportion has shifted between these different groups and characters. And a lot of really good posters have gone AWOL. As a case-in-point, I can never think of you Nutty without thinking of your main sparring rival Bly. Is he still around? I haven''t seen him/her post in donkeys''.Mr Trucker, if memory proves correct, Camel Dung was indeed a Col U fan but was on this forum because he worked for Archant (it was also the time when Norwich and Colchester were in the same league as each other)

[/quote]I don''t think so! And if he still reads this forum I suspect he would laugh rather loudly at that idea. I don''t know for a fact, but I assume the reason he no longer posts is because he was banned, and banned for persistent anti-Archant posts. He was not a fan of its journalism.[/quote]

Just looked back at email I got from Cam in 2009 and he signed off with "Bloody Archant!"

LOL

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Lol, you don''t miss an opportunity to have a wee whine, do you?[/quote]Funny, I thought I was replying to the thread and keeping it on topic.  Can you say the same?

[/quote]+added whine.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Lol, you don''t miss an opportunity to have a wee whine, do you?[/quote]Funny, I thought I was replying to the thread and keeping it on topic.  Can you say the same?[/quote]+added whine.[/quote]No, it was a question.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]This board was miles better when Lambert was in charge.

[/quote]

I only wish I''d been around at the time of Grant/Roeder/Gunn, looking at the wailing and whining because we''ve lost 10 games in the Premier League, one can only imagine how much stick the formations/style of play/brand of football/excitement factor/entertainment was getting during those halcyon days!!

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]This board was miles better when Lambert was in charge.

[/quote]

I only wish I''d been around at the time of Grant/Roeder/Gunn, looking at the wailing and whining because we''ve lost 10 games in the Premier League, one can only imagine how much stick the formations/style of play/brand of football/excitement factor/entertainment was getting during those halcyon days!!

[/quote]

I never realised you were a Johnny Come Lately fan Warren ? Blimey you must virtually be a Plastic.[;)]

The difference then master Hill was we did not have the apologists coming out each week with a different bleat trying to excuse the awful stuff we were watching.There was none of this ''little ole norwich'' stuff .... ever so umble,  ''it h''ain''t for the likes of hus guv'' stuff either.The realists know that we are highly unlikely to win the league, in fact a top six finish is probably beyond clubs like us. The realists also see the flawed tactics, the inept substitutions and the dire football - no yellow tinted sunglasses can hide that reality.But week in week a small deluded minority pop up with their latest Orwellian bleats.Hughton is strengthening the defenceHughton is still stuck with Lamberts playersPlayers are still bedding inHughton is yet to work out his best formationWe have more points than the year before (err, not now)

The only real ''wailing and whining'' is coming from the apologists, desperately trying to tell us what we are seeing doesn''t really matter* because it will all come good soon .... err next month, or the month after, or maybe after this season or ummm, errr .... sometime we hope

*  a change from the previous stance where we were told that what we were seeing was not actually happening !

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]This board was miles better when Lambert was in charge.[/quote]

[/quote]

Its all archived. Simply chose last at the very bottom right and it goes back to posts in 2003 or something. Probably a quite entertaining read

Re Camel - Doesn''t his daughter support the yellas?

I think she worked for him as secretary.

Purple, I think, was correct that he did get banned

He got well worked up on here with a few ding dongs with fellow posters.

You just can''t understand these people posting outrageous opinions and upsetting us :-)

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]This board was miles better when Lambert was in charge.[/quote]

[/quote]

Its all archived. Simply chose last at the very bottom right and it goes back to posts in 2003 or something. Probably a quite entertaining read

[/quote]Ha, just went back and had a skip through the last page, entertaining stuff!

I am glad someone else noticed this fact and again another reason to sack Hughton

There''s a few gone AWOL - all the ladies for a start! - Kathy, City Angel, Fat Prophet (I Think), LQ.

Then I remember Trent Canary (think he''s on WOTB now), 7rew, & Vicar in Yellow & Green, who got totally hacked off by the nastiness on here, which is a shame.

I''m sure I''ve missed a few others - Fat Barman, Always Travelling ... sic transit gloria mundi ........

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Ha, just went back and had a skip through the last page, entertaining stuff![/quote]

I did the same thing Morty. Noticed you referring to me as Victor Meldrew. I never knew him, so I took it as a compliment. [:D]

most simply reappear under another nameas does our own timelord Spangles, Pinkun Role Model, Schlong Connery .................the question now is how long will it be before our first binner is spotted on back hereperhaps someone could write a letter to the Times when it does happen

Dear sir It was with great delight that I saw my first binner (thievus maximus) of the Spring. A most welcome return for this charming little fellow who brightens up the fields of East Anglia * with his smock and pitchfork.  Maybe Norwich White may soon follow.yours,Dick Scratcher

* surely lock up garages, ed

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Ha, just went back and had a skip through the last page, entertaining stuff![/quote]

I did the same thing Morty. Noticed you referring to me as Victor Meldrew. I never knew him, so I took it as a compliment. [:D][/quote]Exactly what it was[Y]

[quote user="ron obvious"]There''s a few gone AWOL - all the ladies for a start! - Kathy, City Angel, Fat Prophet (I Think), LQ.

Then I remember Trent Canary (think he''s on WOTB now), 7rew, & Vicar in Yellow & Green, who got totally hacked off by the nastiness on here, which is a shame.

I''m sure I''ve missed a few others - Fat Barman, Always Travelling ... sic transit gloria mundi ........[/quote]

Ron, is that your profession and reason for not posting, so much?

I remember the days of sneaking off to the Library at Notre Dame to get on the net to see the latest buzz on this very forum.

That would have been back in 1998.

For me, it became a very raucous place when the mods went and then with the relaxing of the rules. It''s become somewhat of a sandbox without boundaries. That''s not to say it has to be worse, just that the binners can come in here under the radar far more easily.

As for Camel Dung, he was an incredibly nice chap and I can understand the mistake of linking him with Archant as if I am right, he was either a journalist himself or had been as I seem to remember he was often in touch with the press office in regards to press conferences people would bang on about happening. I believe his daughter may have also been a journo as he mentioned here a few times.

He was barracked a lot for not being a Norwich fan, but I found he offered a healthy look upon our club from someone who was neutral but with a slight bias to us.

As Nigel has said there have been many flitter away over the years, no doubt some have returned with different user names, some reduced to just reading rather than getting involved in threads that predictably head into a downward spiral.

The KTF vs WO = WTF fiasco was perhaps a marker in the clubs history. The disproportion on here was crazy. And you had some really odd characters that really did not have the club at heart, only their own crackpot theories and some hell bent idea that they had to take ownership or influence something.

I personally soldier on as I know people who read this but don''t post. And that there are many posters I respect and enjoy reading. Some posts I even read to people in my close family, such as Ricardo''s match reports - which always spark conversation or just praise.

I always view forums like a Weatherspoons. They are cheap, open to all. The majority just want a drink and a chat but you always get the annoying loud ones in the corner mainly making noises like "wah wah wah, me, wah, wah, wah, me, me, me" and when they are challenged tend to shirk any responsibility and claim people are being ''nasty'' to them.

Such is life. I''ll carry on, already been here long enough to see plenty of those so called ''club at heart'' people to come and go.

Well I''m still here, and won''t go away soon. I enjoy the posts, and the current posters, wind up merchants and those who take me to task (eh Nigel) - I take it, and (try) to give it sometimes but one thing I would like to say to you all is-

HAPPY NEW YEAR, OTBC.

Some of us just like to read the drivel that put up on this message board un like when it first started most people were more positive ,the same has to be said about going to carrow road the whinging normally starts after 5 minutes why do some people bother to go .

...and after 9 years (soon 10) I''m still here. But I post infrequently (maybe 40 times each year!) and stay away from posters who take a pop at each other ...there are posters here who love nothing more than making a snide sarcastic comment in reply to someone''s viewpoint. I can''t stand such responses. Maybe that''s the way people conduct their social media or perhaps they approach life in the same manner. Perhaps they want a response because they need attention. Whatever, I stay away.....silence is the best strategy. But there are so many great views, comic threads ( dating Ipswich fans the most recent one). And there are the old hands that can be reled upon to offer sage, thoughtful comments. I wouldn''t miss the whole thing anyway. . I read this Board everyday and often on many occasions each day. ....any way I miss Ardee and Camel. I look out for quite a few current posters too because they are usually good. Like Tangible Fixed Assets when the accounts come out and Purple for his coloured fonts.;) I wanted to post more with my intuitive reckoning about results (the 4-0 west Brom one was the strongest I had for years). So in this best tradition I sense a 1-2 win tomorrow!! I will be checking in mid match and at the end though whatever the result (think CH will be fired if we lose). OTBC NMTD SONYC!