Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Missing posters

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]That is probably a factor. And all the arguments over the manager, and whether we will stay up. I have placed a very small bet that we will (with Fulham, Cardiff and West Brom going down) but some posters seem to lack my sunny certainty...Whatever the reasons, though, this board is more tedious than at any time since I  joined, and now is in danger of validating the low opinion of it I gather is sometimes voiced elsewhere.[/quote]A brave prediction Purple. We all like to prognosticate but I am still reluctant to name one, let alone all three.Last year at this time predicting was as easy as falling off a log but not so much this season.  Things are usually pretty clear by Xmas and usually become more so as the games roll by but this season has proved an exception to that rule. In fact it looks even more difficult to sort out than it did a couple of months ago. I was close to calling West Ham and Palace as certainties at one time but am now glad that I didn''t. In late November I said that if this season was like all the other Prem seasons the relegated teams would then come from the then bottom six, Cardiff, Norwich, Fulham, West Ham, Sunderland, Palace. Well, this season has been nothing like previous seasons with an enormous disconnect between bottom an top halves and now at well beyond the halfway stage you can even add WBA, Villa and Hull to that bunch.It may be impossible to call for a while longer yet. The only certainty for me is that things remain uncertain.[/quote]In reality, ricardo, I am only reasonably sure about Fulham and Cardiff, but the odds on that double were not worth it. Only a treble made sense, and there was a choice for the third team, including us. But West Brom have had an awful second 3rd of the season, so I plumped for them . My first ever bet on football and probably my last...[/quote]Yes. I had tried to forget about this. Losing 1-0 at home to West Brom didn''t just do for Hughton. It did for that treble bet as well...[:@][:''(][:@]

Whatever happened to  Schlong Connery, the Pinkun Role Model, Spangles, the Turin Shroud. John from the Tomorrow People

perhaps Jimbo knows