Sign in to follow this  
technika

jeff/geogh on canary call

I applaud you sir! bang on the money!very rare to hear a well put argument instead of the regular brown nosing or backwards babble on there

I decided not to listen this week after been told by a holier than thou supporter how I should support Norwich last week.....

What did he say?

he basically said hughtons not doing a good enough job, mentioned that despite the supposed tighter defence we still concede BUT cant/dont score, , unhappy with the lack of changes and no positive changes to try and win games, commented on trollope and just the general lack of taking a risk

theres now lots of happy clappers on there giving it ''we support our team even if we are in the championship, real fans blah blah blah''. Which i dont disagree with but its pretty obvious its not working and they might just get their wish

My feeling is that Hughton has a squad of players he doesn''t feel are quite good enough to go out and win games without conceding heavily.Next season he will be able to have a team full of his own players and then there will be no excuses.For now if he keeps us up he has done his job for the season and the club will be in a very strong position.I also suspect that had Lambert stayed we would be where Villa are now.

[quote user="technika"] despite the supposed tighter defence we still concede BUT cant/dont score[/quote]

Yes, we really did our goal difference a lot of harm today, all those goals against.................................

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="technika"] despite the supposed tighter defence we still concede BUT cant/dont score
[/quote]

Yes, we really did our goal difference a lot of harm today, all those goals against.................................

[/quote]

A goal difference only inferior to the bottom 3 and averaging less than a goal a game. not a stat to be particularly proud of.

Whoateyou wrote:

Next season he will be able to have a team full of his own players and then there will be no excuses.

A full team of his own players huh: now that will cost money, and you know what, it won''t happen either! The side he inherited weren''t that bad at all, and he supposedly added some quality to that: but he hasn''t half made what he has got a damn poor side totally devoid of attacking ideas at the behest of putting 11 men behind the ball: what makes anyone think it will be any better next season please enlighten me. Today, and the previous 9 games have been very very poor without doubt. It is only by the results going with City that they are not bottom.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="technika"] despite the supposed tighter defence we still concede BUT cant/dont score[/quote]

[/quote]

youre missing the point/cant see the bigger picture

its not just about today is it ;)

sorry to say it but I have to agree with Wiz , he is the most negative manager I have seen at our club in over 40 years of supporting City!!

[quote user="Wiz"]

Is Hughton the most negative manager ever?

Yes imo.

[/quote]

Wiz

wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:

Well,

I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

I

was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap

Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!

[img]

http://www.carrowroad.net/carrow/images/ncfc-wizzo1.jpg[/img]

I thought callers who complained spoke with passion and conviction, they explained their views, and whether others agreed or not I tought they were 606 standard calls.

Paul McVeigh was really defensive of his former profession when not playing devils advocate and deserved the stick he got from another late caller.

The ''happy clappers'' always get brownie points and agreement from the presenters but say nothing about the match just their undying love and commitment, and???

Well done to the callers wo had a go. More please.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

Yes imo.

[/quote]

Wiz wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:

Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!

[img] http://www.carrowroad.net/carrow/images/ncfc-wizzo1.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

So Hughton''s performances forced me to change my opinion on him............so what?.................

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

Yes imo.

[/quote]

I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!

[/quote]

So Hughton''s performances forced me to change my opinion on him............so what?.................

[/quote]It proves how little you actually know about football mainly.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

Yes imo.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]So I think you are saying you were "wrong, very wrong", when you said you were "wrong, very wrong" about Hughton.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

Yes imo.

So Hughton''s performances forced me to change my opinion on him............so what?.................[/quote]

It proves how little you actually know about football mainly.
[/quote]

Thats true enough.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

Yes imo.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So I think you are saying you were "wrong, very wrong", when you said you were "wrong, very wrong" about Hughton.
[/quote]

Err.......I need my lawyer present before I answer that one..

Is this Jeff the guy with a London/Mockney accent who said Hughtons the worst manager he''s seen us have and he should be sacked?

While I agree we''re too negative, we''re 8 points from the drop and the remitt this season was always about staying up with anything else a bonus!

Hughtons not the worst manager we''ve ever seen and sacking him now would be ridiculous and most likely have a detrimental effect!

Some of the people bemoaning Hughton say it as though if Lambert was still in charge we''d be so much better off when in reality he left cause he couldn''t see himself taking us any further and its likely we''d actually be worse of with him still here! 

Planks like this are the reason why many fans now don''t bother with Canary call and if he doesn''t like what we''re doing then why don''t he follow a club like ColU, Southend, Dagenham, Barnet, Leyton Orient down his neck of the woods who are doing so much better than what we are!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

Yes imo.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]So I think you are saying you were "wrong, very wrong", when you said you were "wrong, very wrong" about Hughton.[/quote]

Err.......I need my lawyer present before I answer that one..

[/quote]Does that mean four wrongs make a right now? [A]

[quote user="City 2nd"]Whoateyou wrote:

Next season he will be able to have a team full of his own players and then there will be no excuses.

A full team of his own players huh: now that will cost money, and you know what, it won''t happen either! The side he inherited weren''t that bad at all, and he supposedly added some quality to that: but he hasn''t half made what he has got a damn poor side totally devoid of attacking ideas at the behest of putting 11 men behind the ball: what makes anyone think it will be any better next season please enlighten me. Today, and the previous 9 games have been very very poor without doubt. It is only by the results going with City that they are not bottom.[/quote]

I don''t understand this arbitary selection of dates on which you base your judgement of Hughton. Why not base a judgement on all the games since he became manager? That is, since the start of the season. If you do that you can say that Hughton has made us a mid-table side eight points clear of relegation with games fast running out for the catchers-up.

Looking at the whole picture you can say he has done a pretty good job to date and made a bunch of excellent signings along the way.

Yesterday we went with two new strikers both of whom look to have potential and could do a job for us.

We''ll stay up this season and in the process have a huge pot of money for new signings in the summer. I''m sure that our targets have already been tapped up and a lot of work has gone on behind the scenes this January.

Your frustration is understandable and no one can argue that we are playing to our best at the moment but hang in there and we''ll transition to a much better squad next season.

Quite simply he has evaluated our players and he said after the Liverpool home game he had to change the philosophy.

Priority is to stay up and this season was going to be very tough, morison''s goals last season haven''t been here, Holly''s goals haven''t been there. But last year we knew we had to score 2 goals to win a game as we conceding each game.

We need players. Last year we had to play with a five man midfield for most of the season. We have this year as our midfield can be run over.

We need options in the final third. But our players now have to prove it. Hughton is playing tactics that give us a better chance of winning, it may be poor and not expansive, but we do not have the personnel for that style to be able to win games. We have not proved that to Hughton over those first winless games.

Time to prove their worth there are a few players in that midfield that next season should see themselves on the bench like fox if we stay up this season.

Excellent post. We have players who can in some games play well enough for us to play the expansive Norwich game we all love; the first half against Swansea away, the 28 pass goal against Sunderland (or was it Stoke?) at home. But they can''t do it for long periods, sometimes within a game, and certainly not over a period. But, when we have our first choice centre backs, we can be resolute in defence. It''s not pretty, but as others have said, it''s keeping us 8 points clear. It''s to Hughton''s credit that he sees this.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="technika"] despite the supposed tighter defence we still concede BUT cant/dont score
[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you for real, have you seen the GD table, and only 2 sides in the football league have scored less, might only be one after today

[quote user="City 2nd"]Whoateyou wrote:

A full team of his own players huh: now that will cost money, and you know what, it won''t happen either! The side he inherited weren''t that bad at all, and he supposedly added some quality to that: but he hasn''t half made what he has got a damn poor side totally devoid of attacking ideas at the behest of putting 11 men behind the ball: what makes anyone think it will be any better next season please enlighten me. Today, and the previous 9 games have been very very poor without doubt. It is only by the results going with City that they are not bottom.[/quote]Hughton inherited a squad of League 1 and Championship players when he came in. I don''t think we had a single player with DECENT Premier League experience in the squad last year. That was going to catch up with us this year.He''s added some quality players to that be we are seriously lacking in quality up front. Time will tell if Becchio and Kamara can improve that but they certainly would appear to be better than what we have.Assuming we stay up this year there is an opportunity for the club to become an established Premier League side for years to come. That is the only remit the manager should have for now. We''ve already seen that going gung ho into matches we can get turned over very easily.

Lets not forget that Hughton accepts we aren''t scoring enough goals, and clearly wanted to strengthen our strike force this January.

He also does appear to be considering different options, the fact that If Holt had been fit yesterday, he planned to play him and Becchio up front proves it.

A managerial change at this stage of the season would increase the likelihood of relegation, not reduce it.

I agree we have been too negative, but assuming we stay up (which under Hughton I think we will). I think we need to see how we strengthen the squad in close season, and how we set ourselves up to lay then.

I didn''t hear anything from Newcastle fans saying Hughton was a negative Manager, so maybe he just just sees our style of play at the moment, as a means to an end i.e for us to stay in the Prem.

Lets hope time shows that with better players our style changes.