Sign in to follow this  
super canary

QPR,,,,,,

QPR have been dead for a long time now, they just haven''t accepted it yet. They may very well find improved form over the last 11 games but if they get beyond 36 points I will eat my own feet. Realistically I can see them getting 31 points at best.Next week Villa have Man City, Wigan have Liverpool and Reading are at Everton. Lose those games and even if they win every other game they can''t get to 40 points.It will be one hell of a fight down to the last game but one thing I can guarantee is that NCFC won''t be in it.

They haven''t got a bad run, but at the end of the day theyve only won 2 games all season, and are already 4 points down on what they had this time last season. I for one would be very happy to see them go down and rather a see a proper team like reading or southampton stay up. I see QPR, Wigan & Reading going.

The only player who I''d consider is Samba, but as has been mentioned, QPR are paying stupid money for wages, which would be a deal breaker.On the topic of relegation, it would bring a smile to my heart to see QPR go down. As for the other two teams, I feel Villa needs to take their medicine and Wigan are in their cycle to go down.

QPR, Villa and Reading to go down.  Wouldn''t want any of their "affordable" (wages) players except maybe Lowton who looks a half-decent full back and might be within our wage scale.

Samba wouldn''t come to us. He s capable of playing for teams in the top six-eight.

I think he knew he was onto a good deal. He signs in a big deal which he will get a cut of. He knows two things could happen:

1) QPR stay up with Harry and a number of top players and with the summer to further strengthen for a charge up the league next season.

2) QPR go down, he hands in a transfer request and possibly lines up another big move to a higher placed team. Two nice cuts of two moves in less than one year.

Win-win.

We couldn''t afford his wages, his transfer fee or his probable demands on Europe/champions league.

[quote user="Number 9"]I''m surprised no ones mentioned Harry himself.

I''m happy with Hughton, just surprised no one has mentioned him on this thread.[/quote]i think this is the stupidest comment I have ever seen (unless of course you were saying that you could see other certai posters saying this then if the case then fair enough)

LOL, not noticed how Harry Redknapp is the kiss of death to a club ?Wet ShamPompeyArguably Spursand soon QPRBloke is a great manager but is bent as they come in terms of corruption

Wouldn''t be able to afford any of their players i dont think with regard to wages. Maybe Mackie would be a decent punt for us.

All the rest are just rubbish, hence why they''re down there.

Wigan on the other hand - James Mcarthur, Kone and Sharner.

Three managers have tried and failed to get QPR playing well, that of the 50 or so "Stars" they''ve used since arriving in the Prem only one player their goalkeeper Cesar has consistently shown a level of ability to match the hype says to me that the team of stars is a myth that they''ve really got a team of very average players who just happen to be paid star wages and that they are where they are on merit.Compare QPR with Villa another shambles of a team but a team which has benefitted from at least having one player (Benteke) who has performed at a decent level throughout most of the season, somehow QPR have avoided getting a single "Benteke" despite signing 50 odd players.  Their best outfield player is a Spurs loanee with a point to prove, Mackie is a trier but Champs quality, Taraabt is suited to life in the French league, sicknote Remy has scored one goal and they''re pinning their hopes on him, he''s a very long way from proving himself at this level, the others aren''t worth mentioning.

On reflection theres very little I''d like. Players like Cesar, Remy and samba (jurys out on him) will leave for bigger clubs. Players like granero, diakite, m''bia are just not good enough. Hoilet may come good given the right circumstances, don''t think thats here though.

Granero and M''bia are easily good enough, QPR''s problem is constantly changing the team, no settled side, no team spirit and I would imagine serious problems communicating with each other.... You can''t side 80 odd different players in two years and expect any sort of team cohesion.

As Zak has mentioned it is only Cesar that has performed anything like a premier league player this season - and we have better than him in John Ruddy.QPR have failed - it is now proven that you cannot buy your way to stability in the premier league - you also need team spirit, courage and commitment. They haven''t got this - we have. They will be relegated - we won''t.A nice piece on qpr from my mate Matt.....QPRThe sad truth of QPR''s demise is that no-one other than

the club''s fans will care when their relegation is finally confirmed.

Some will even laugh at seeing this sorry ragtag band of awfulness

splash into the Championship like Neil Shipperley belly-flopping from

the high board. It''s surely only a matter of time now, with the Rs

failing to muster a single goal in their last five home league matches.

"I don''t think it''s impossible. Other people will say I''m crazy to think

that, but I think there''s a chance," said Harry Redknapp on Saturday.

"And while there''s a chance, I won''t be giving up and will make sure the

players don''t give up."

The manager''s determination is admirable, but QPR are now further adrift

than when Redknapp took charge on November 24 and Southampton will look

forward to adding to his misery on Saturday.

Matt Stanger - he''s on the Twitter.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]LOL, not noticed how Harry Redknapp is the kiss of death to a club ?Wet ShamPompeyArguably Spursand soon QPRBloke is a great manager but is bent as they come in terms of corruption [/quote]You forgot Southampton.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]LOL, not noticed how Harry Redknapp is the kiss of death to a club ?Wet ShamPompeyArguably Spursand soon QPRBloke is a great manager but is bent as they come in terms of corruption [/quote]You forgot Southampton.[/quote]...and Bournemouth!I said this about Redknapp a few months ago and the admin here deleted my post lol

I think if you look at the majority of those clubs it wasn''t just him it was the people in charge of the clubs.

I mean he can''t spend money or make dodgey deals without their backing can he.

I believe that is probably why his tenure at Spurs fell apart. I''m not sure the FA ever wanted him for England, but he tried to use that as leverage to get a pay rise. Now someone much younger and much more inexperienced is doing as good a job if not better than he did and without the dodgey deals.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]What''s wrong with Spurs?[/quote]Well they really lost thier form as soon as Harry''s name and England job appeared in the same sentence.Also they now have that fake Mourinho clone in charge who is only achieveing anything at Spurs because of Gareth Bale.

When Redknapp took the Spurs job they were bottom of the league with 2 points out of 8 games, and they finished 8th that season and got to the cup final.

The next season they finished 4th, their highest ever Premier League finish, and he won the Premier League manager of the year award. Then 5th the next season, and then 4th again last season. They are currently 4th.

Redknapp did a fantastic job at Spurs, so again... why Spurs?

I honestly see QPR surviving, if you look at there remaining fixtures they seem to have a good run in filled with teams around them and I wouldn''t be surprised if rednapp is telling them this is it and there escape starts now.

I hope I''m wrong but I just think they will do the great escape .

As long as we stay up and we bury villa on last day of season I''ll be very happy.

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]I honestly see QPR surviving, if you look at there remaining fixtures they seem to have a good run in filled with teams around them and I wouldn''t be surprised if rednapp is telling them this is it and there escape starts now.

I hope I''m wrong but I just think they will do the great escape .

As long as we stay up and we bury villa on last day of season I''ll be very happy.[/quote]More chance of being struck by lightening.

They''ve won 2 games all season. 1 with Harry and 1 without. Nothing they have done makes me think they''ll go on to win the 5/6 games they must get to survive. Miracles can happen, but my personal opinion is they''re dead and buried and will lose the next game away to Southampton

[quote user="Bert sneakers"] As long as we stay up and we bury villa on last day of season I''ll be very happy.[/quote]

I think you had better take another look at the fixture list Bert.