Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]I just can''t see us signing this guy, it''s not the clubs fault we just simply can''t afford him if another club comes in and why would he want to come to Norwich?[/quote]

Absolutely. Why would he want to come to a financially sound club in the middle of the EPL with a highly respected manager and good prospects. And, of course, we ''ve made our best possible offer first and won''t have another one lined up

Are you a binner or just a moron?.

Newcastle have failed to buy Aubameyang from Saint Etienne so they are clearly still interested in buying another striker and clearly still have the funds.

Considering that they were sniffing around Wolfy in the summer we could well face some stiff competition again (Hooper all over again?).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8441349/Newcastle-made-a-failed-bid-to-sign-Saint-Etienne-striker-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang

[quote user="Twitchy"]Boss CH signs off his presser by confirming an interest in van wolfswinkel.[/quote]Also from the presser, added what he has seen today does not sharpen the mind further for possible additions. decisions based on last few games.

Don''t think he will leave sunny Portugal to join a relegation threatened laughing stock? Hope I''m wrong on both counts.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]He also confirmed interest in Hooper and Kamara.[/quote]That''s a good thing then Banana.....no?

Why would players of true quality come to us? We can''t offer ridiculous wages and they wouldn''t come to progress their careers.

Until we are an established premiership team we will need to focus on middle ranking players like Bassong rather than the upper brackets of players as these we have a chance of getting.

Kamara is certainly a possible signing but is he any good? That''s the problem with signings from leagues such as the American one. Very much a gamble but it could pay off.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Why would players of true quality come to us? We can''t offer ridiculous wages and they wouldn''t come to progress their careers.

Until we are an established premiership team we will need to focus on middle ranking players like Bassong rather than the upper brackets of players as these we have a chance of getting.

Kamara is certainly a possible signing but is he any good? That''s the problem with signings from leagues such as the American one. Very much a gamble but it could pay off.[/quote]

Are you serious? Players will come because we are Premier League. They will want the profile we can give. Many will hope to use us as a stepping stone to a top club which is both a reality and a problem but they know that if they come here and play well then they will be seen and noticed.

The profile goes beyond that. Tettey has said how much bigger he is in Norway now he is here. The Prem is watched around the world and a player joining us will get that''s

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Why would players of true quality come to us? We can''t offer ridiculous wages and they wouldn''t come to progress their careers. [/quote]A foot in the Premier League door with 38 chances to impress the other much bigger or higher paying clubs each year and the moneys not bad.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Why would players of true quality come to us? We can''t offer ridiculous wages and they wouldn''t come to progress their careers. Until we are an established premiership team we will need to focus on middle ranking players like Bassong rather than the upper brackets of players as these we have a chance of getting. Kamara is certainly a possible signing but is he any good? That''s the problem with signings from leagues such as the American one. Very much a gamble but it could pay off.[/quote]

I think you''ve been taking something that doesn''t agree with you. Which planet are you from?

Read somewhere that a Portuguese journalist said we''d made a 10m Euro bid (£8.5m or so) for him and S.Lisbon will decide by Sunday whether to accept..guess we''ll see soon

seen on a couple of "rumour" sites that Newcastle are putting a 10mil euro bid in also. Might be BS but would not surprise me.

They''ve probably got some money left over because they''re after another player and got rejected, but I''m not sure at the moment. Could certainly offer more wages and have been in Europe not so long ago, but we''re in a better League position atm and apparently already bid so you never know. Spurs were linked, but are apparently after Hooper, Liverpool were linked, but are closing on Coutinho and Newcastle were the other..

[quote user="YellowBlood"]seen on a couple of "rumour" sites that Newcastle are putting a 10mil euro bid in also. Might be BS but would not surprise me.[/quote]You see this is the problem we have, we can be outbid in a heartbeat by other clubs.

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="YellowBlood"]seen on a couple of "rumour" sites that Newcastle are putting a 10mil euro bid in also. Might be BS but would not surprise me.[/quote]You see this is the problem we have, we can be outbid in a heartbeat by other clubs.[/quote]10m euros is about 8.5m pounds so not a lot above our opening offer if reports are accurate which also is quite a long way off the £12m that''s been reported as their asking price.

This seems to suggest that we have increased our bid[url]http://www.wijhoudenvanvoetbal.nl/nieuws/norwich-verhoogt-officieel-bod-op-van-wolfswinkel/[/url]The Transfer Rumours surrounding Ricky van Wolfswinkel take more and more serious form. Norwich City knocks firmly on the door for the Dutch striker of Sporting Lisbon. The club was first offered ten million euros, but that offer is now increased.Several British media report that manager Chris Hughton charmed by Ricky and that he would do anything to have him to England to retrieve. The Canaries were now twelve million euros for the scorer, who in Norwich would come in handy.The number thirteen from the Premier League relegation has few worries, but suffers from a lack of scoring ability. The team conceded this season, 39 goals against, and made himself only 24. The former player of FC Utrecht and Vitesse among others should solve that. Vitesse, in the case of a transfer, training compensation with confidence.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]This seems to suggest that we have increased our bid[url]http://www.wijhoudenvanvoetbal.nl/nieuws/norwich-verhoogt-officieel-bod-op-van-wolfswinkel/[/url]The Transfer Rumours surrounding Ricky van Wolfswinkel take more and more serious form. Norwich City knocks firmly on the door for the Dutch striker of Sporting Lisbon. The club was first offered ten million euros, but that offer is now increased.Several British media report that manager Chris Hughton charmed by Ricky and that he would do anything to have him to England to retrieve. The Canaries were now twelve million euros for the scorer, who in Norwich would come in handy.The number thirteen from the Premier League relegation has few worries, but suffers from a lack of scoring ability. The team conceded this season, 39 goals against, and made himself only 24. The former player of FC Utrecht and Vitesse among others should solve that. Vitesse, in the case of a transfer, training compensation with confidence.

[/quote]Cheers for the link/update EC hope we do something here.

Thanks for that EC. Not sure how reputable that site is but brings in s little hope.

You (well at least I) would think the board knows the money that we would spend on this fella is a real good investment... it all comes down to how much belief they have in Hughton, RVW and the rest of the remaining squad to retain a prem place I suppose.

[quote user="York Canary"]If we are to act, we must ACT NOW! We cannot fanny about wasting time, just BANG straight in their with cold hard cash and get a march on these other b*tches like Newcastle. That''s the truth right there[/quote]This...This....This!!!! With open arms...THIS!

I guess that''s what your money would buy. I don''t think there''s anyone in our squad that would have scored that.

dont think it would raise his price tag that much but it was sweet. and I agree we should break the bank a bit to get him. looks much better than either Hooper or Graham and he is a very good age.