Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Speaking to a Newcastle fan,He believes there is no real interest from Newcastle and as far as he can make out RVW agent/holding company are tweeting about Newcastle''s interest to drum up some interest from other clubs.Sounds very much like the Biglia situation

Does she sound like this Wiz?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts

" in your head, in your head..."

"zo-ombie zo-ombie zomb-ie-ie-ie o-o o-o ..."

I''m sorry people, but when are we going to realise that we are never going to but any player at the sort of prices quoted here. We simply cannot afford it. With huge transfer fees come huge wages. While I appreciate that it would be fantastic to be able to pull this off we have to be realistic. Perhaps £6 mil for Hooper or Graham but double that for a Dutch international ??

And as for these reported bids that we have tabled? COME ON PEOPLE !!! GET REAL!! Why do you believe all this crap from ''reporters''. What makes you think that they know any more than the next man? If these rumours were true we would have a completely new squad by now. Year after year we have the same threads and the same bull* The ONLY people who actually know what we have bid are the board and the clubs/players concerned and until one of them actually says something then what we ''hear'' is pure fantasy.

We MAY break our transfer record in the next few days, we may even double it, but for RVW?? ''Snowball'' and ''hell'' springs to mind.

Oh, and as a PS, I will happily be proven wrong and will dance naked in the snow if this massive coup happens.

[quote user="Scooby"]I''m sorry people, but when are we going to realise that we are never going to but any player at the sort of prices quoted here. We simply cannot afford it. With huge transfer fees come huge wages. While I appreciate that it would be fantastic to be able to pull this off we have to be realistic. Perhaps £6 mil for Hooper or Graham but double that for a Dutch international ??

And as for these reported bids that we have tabled? COME ON PEOPLE !!! GET REAL!! Why do you believe all this crap from ''reporters''. What makes you think that they know any more than the next man? If these rumours were true we would have a completely new squad by now. Year after year we have the same threads and the same bull* The ONLY people who actually know what we have bid are the board and the clubs/players concerned and until one of them actually says something then what we ''hear'' is pure fantasy.

We MAY break our transfer record in the next few days, we may even double it, but for RVW?? ''Snowball'' and ''hell'' springs to mind.[/quote]He is a Dutch International in the same way David Nugent is a England International.

it is all going to depend on how much the manager and the board like RVW, if they think he can do what Hucks did when he came then they "may" have a go for him. if he does come he would be the only signing imo and I would be happy with that.

also the QPR lad Jamie Mackie would be a last min panic buy in my eyes, dont rate the guy at all.

I also believe we have to start showing some ambition and from the players we are now getting linked with I am fairly happy. We need to build a good spine to build around, at the moment we dont have that. ruddy/bassong is a good start but RVW would be an even better one, I would include Holt but he has not been firing and is not getting any younger. I would hope to see a big rebuilding project in the summer if we are still in the EPL.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]And why is that Wiz? What fvcking info have you heard that has ruled us out? Please share it.[/quote][img]http://www.flashbytes.co.uk/images/wiz.gif[/img]

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Morisons Prozac"]And why is that Wiz? What fvcking info have you heard that has ruled us out? Please share it.[/quote]

[img]http://www.flashbytes.co.uk/images/wiz.gif[/img]
[/quote]

And of course you''ll apologise come 1st Feb.........no, thought not, your kind never do.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Scooby"]I''m sorry people, but when are we going to realise that we are never going to but any player at the sort of prices quoted here. We simply cannot afford it. With huge transfer fees come huge wages. While I appreciate that it would be fantastic to be able to pull this off we have to be realistic. Perhaps £6 mil for Hooper or Graham but double that for a Dutch international ??

We MAY break our transfer record in the next few days, we may even double it, but for RVW?? ''Snowball'' and ''hell'' springs to mind.[/quote]He is a Dutch International in the same way David Nugent is a England International.[/quote]

I''m sorry, is there some other criteria that I don''t know about??

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Scooby"]I''m sorry people, but when are we going to realise that we are never going to but any player at the sort of prices quoted here. We simply cannot afford it. With huge transfer fees come huge wages. While I appreciate that it would be fantastic to be able to pull this off we have to be realistic. Perhaps £6 mil for Hooper or Graham but double that for a Dutch international ??

We MAY break our transfer record in the next few days, we may even double it, but for RVW?? ''Snowball'' and ''hell'' springs to mind.[/quote]He is a Dutch International in the same way David Nugent is a England International.[/quote]

I''m sorry, is there some other criteria that I don''t know about??[/quote]He''s hardly a ''Dutch International'', 1 friendly appearance almost 3 years ago.

Apologise for what? I haven''t made up a bullsh*t claim as to whether or not Norwich will sign someone. If we don''t sign RVW which is likely but not by any means certain then that does make the prediction octopus. Instead of enjoying or poor run at the minute why don''t you get behind the bod and spur them on.

I''m not even sure why I bothered replying properly as in your fashion, I''m sure you''ll conveniently ignore it but instead make another attention seeking post

[quote user="Scooby"]I''m sorry people, but when are we going to realise that we are never going to but any player at the sort of prices quoted here. We simply cannot afford it. With huge transfer fees come huge wages. While I appreciate that it would be fantastic to be able to pull this off we have to be realistic. Perhaps £6 mil for Hooper or Graham but double that for a Dutch international ?? And as for these reported bids that we have tabled? COME ON PEOPLE !!! GET REAL!! Why do you believe all this crap from ''reporters''. What makes you think that they know any more than the next man? If these rumours were true we would have a completely new squad by now. Year after year we have the same threads and the same bull* The ONLY people who actually know what we have bid are the board and the clubs/players concerned and until one of them actually says something then what we ''hear'' is pure fantasy. We MAY break our transfer record in the next few days, we may even double it, but for RVW?? ''Snowball'' and ''hell'' springs to mind.[/quote]

That is not necessarily the case at all. It depends on the league from which you''re buying and other factors. We might well only have to offer RVW as much as Mackie or Hooper or Graham in wages despite the former''s transfer fee costing considerably more.

I read somewhere recently that the reason the Spanish league is proving such a rich source of players for the like of Swansea is thhyat the average La Liga wage is £12,000 per week so aside from the really big clubs you can buy the best players from most clubs and give them a substantial wage increase.

I have no facts to base this opinion on but I can;t believe that players in the portuguese league get paid more than in the spanish leagues. in fact i would hazard a guess that the average wage is lower. RVW is obviously at a big club so probably has wages at the higher end of the scale but i suspect we can still offer him more than he''s on now.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Morisons Prozac"]And why is that Wiz? What fvcking info have you heard that has ruled us out? Please share it.[/quote][img]http://www.flashbytes.co.uk/images/wiz.gif[/img][/quote]

And of course you''ll apologise come 1st Feb.........no, thought not, your kind never do.

[/quote]Don''t hang around waiting Wiz, but it''s not that my kind don''t, more that my kind actually believe that the people running the club might just have identified the need for a striker and will be doing everything possible to ensure we go into the final segment of the season as strongly as possible.

The mention of a release clause interests me. If he does have one then McNally will know what fee is required for it to be accepted automatically and then we can talk to the player. I''d imagine Ricky has spoken with his agent and said ''if nobody else bigger than Norwich come in for me, i''d be happy to prove myself in the EPL.'' Especially as i''d imagine he would have a nice sign on fee and increased wages.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I read somewhere recently that the reason the Spanish league is proving such a rich source of players for the like of Swansea is thhyat the average La Liga wage is £12,000 per week so aside from the really big clubs you can buy the best players from most clubs and give them a substantial wage increase. [/quote]That could well be true as La Liga does not have a collective TV deal like the Premier League. So Barca and Real earn a lot more from TV rights than the smaller clubs such as Rayo Vallecano where Swansea signed Michu from. Sporting are one of the bigger clubs in Portugal but even if the same kind of system is in place over there I doubt that the overall TV deal is high enough to make even a bid from a smaller Premier League club such as us something that RVW and his agent would want to dismiss.

Journo from over there has said he could well be on his way after we offered the required 13 Million Euro''s

En las próximas horas se podría anunciar la salida de Wolfswinkel del #SportingCP . El Norwich ha ofrecido 13 millones por el holandés.

[quote user="Hog"]En las próximas horas se podría anunciar la salida de Wolfswinkel del #SportingCP . El Norwich ha ofrecido 13 millones por el holandés.[/quote]

Ok interesting - but as we always say - Source?

Although actually a few people are starting to say it now....The representative of Van Wolfswinkel is in Lisbon to present the offer of Norwich which reaches 13 million

In case anyone hasn''t got Google translate:

In the next few hours could announce the release of Wolfswinkel''s # SportingCP. The Norwich has offered 13 million by the Dutch .

and he says....The representative of Van Wolfswinkel is in Lisbon to present the offer of Norwich which reaches 13 million

so lets all just hope there is some truth to all this....a lot of money for us though!

Hmm - another one.  Are they just repeating one tweet or are they all getting a separate briefing from the agent?

david ruiz@azalkmaar67

El representante de Van Wolfswinkel esta en Lisboa para presentar la oferta del Norwich que llega a los 13 millones " Fichajon

The representative of Van Wolfswinkel is in Lisbon to present the offer of Norwich which reaches 13 million @ Eredivisphera "Fichajon