Sign in to follow this  
jermy118

Meanwhile at Villa Park

Come on now, we''ve been told we must not laugh, it is not the way adults behave and that Aston Villa are nothing to do with us.  Paul Lambert is but a distant memory ........

It''s wrong to mock,and i feel ashamed.[:$]

From the BBC;

Matt, via text: "Is Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert Big Eck in disguise? Bad team selection. No quality signings. It is demoralising how far we''ve fallen in the last 3-4 years. Going for a cry now."

It’s going to be interesting how PL deals with setbacks like today; he’s not been used to early-season defeats over the last 3 years has he? There were boos at half-time apparently...

I will find out the full story tonight from our villa supporting sons but apparently Lambert was booed and abused by the Villa fans that only a few weeks ago hailed him as the second coming.

Lets all laugh at Lambert and his lions errrr I mean pussy cats.

I might be in the minority but I won''t take any satisfaction in seeing Lambert struggle, although I don''t think that will last long. Once the dust has settled he''ll go down as one of our greatest managers of all time and I feel privileged to have witnessed his reign.

There''s more to his exit than meets the eye too, it''ll all come out in the wash I''m sure...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

I might be in the minority but I won''t take any satisfaction in seeing Lambert struggle, although I don''t think that will last long. Once the dust has settled he''ll go down as one of our greatest managers of all time and I feel privileged to have witnessed his reign.

There''s more to his exit than meets the eye too, it''ll all come out in the wash I''m sure...

[/quote]

Based on past events at Carrow Road. I doubt that you will ever hear the truth, apart from Paul Lamberts desire to go a "bigger club".

I fell the shame Mr. brownstone. I''d love for one of our best managers ever to go onto bigger and better things. It''s a shame he didn''t want/couldn''t take us further. But only reason I would want Villa to struggle is because they stole him, not because i want Lambert to struggle. Can''t believe anyone who supported Norwich over the past three years would want Lambert to fail. Maybe he will get Villa relegated then join a proper team.

To this day the whole thing makes no sense to me. He moved to a club with a paper thin squad heavily reliant on youth team players who aren''t good enough for the Premier League. Randy Lerner was never going to him the money that he wanted this summer to bring the squad up to the level we have here in my opinion. I think Villa are in for a major struggle this year. The 20 page thread they already have discussing relegation seems to imply they feel the same. I don''t think he took that job for the right reasons.

But ultimately he will never manage or be involved with Norwich again. So he is a distant memory but a great servant to the club nonetheless. They say a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. I thought we took a few of those today by getting off the mark under Chris Hughton with a very good performance. Hopefully its the first of many under his leadership.

What a surprise. 2 games in and Villa are 19th - a week earlier than I thought they would be but I wasobviously being optimistic. Of course its early days but Lambert''s body language ain''t good - he looks like a man who put his hand in a lucky dip and pulled out a rattlesnake. Now he knows how big the task is. A rubbish team with low morale - Newcastle away next week - it doesn''t look good. Its the Board that needs to change because only money and new quality players will solve this problem and Lerner isn''t the man to see this through.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/08/25/aston-villa-v-everton-live-stats-commentary-and-mat-kendrick-s-updates-in-our-new-match-centre-97319-31690978/#ixzz24aijKljC

Of course we will all remember marvellous days with Lambo, but all this talk really makes you think the rumour that we pushed him out of the door.

18/1 at 5pm down to 14/1 that Pl is the first prem manager sacked this season. Upset the players this week and now has the fans on his back already. next up Cup vs Tranmere, Lambert doesn''t do cups.....[:D]

"There''s more to his exit than meets the eye too, it''ll all come out in the wash I''m sure... "

That i am very certain of, though as said elsewhere I''m not too certain of how much will come out. From what I have picked up Lambert left City, not joined Villa. They just happened to be the club that allowed him to do the former.

What looks to becoming more clear is that Lambert was here during thrre pf our most successful years. How much was SOLELY down to him is perhaps a very moot point. What is now becoming apparent is this is not the club he would have wanted to join. If he had been able to continue with City for a season or two more then there would have been far, far bigger clubs knocking at his door.

However what anyone thinks City fans will still have a curiousity about him, will still probably get some perverse pleasure from any failure and still post stuff up on here about him, but hopefully with a greater understanding that maybe things weren''t so clear cut as they have previously been presented.

Otherwise onward and upwards with Chris Hughton

There''ll probably be interesting questions at the AGM.

I reckon McNally will be having batting practice for weeks in preperation....

[quote user="morty"]I think McNally knew EXACTLY what he was doing.[/quote]Spot on. Hoot will be bigger than PL for us...There''s a thread on Vile Talk criticising PL and his team selection..Might be worth a read? [:P]

No rumour to sniff at but you can have a few points that are in the public domain and can make whatever you will of them

Lambert had ''had a wobble'' the previous summer and the club had responded by checking possible alternatives WERE he to go

Lambert had previously stated that nothing was certain and he was under as much pressure as anyone else

Although there has been no statement as to compensation etc there doesn''t appear to be the same ''righteous indignation'' as say when a more minor act (NOTW our administration story) occured

but that is last season this is now, so .............

I find the whole thing increasingly more bizarre by the minute. The transfer window closes in 6 days, and so far we have spent far more money than Villa. With Bassong, Turner, Tettey, Snodgrass, Butterfield et all that''s got to be £10+ million committed.From the BBC interview with Lambert http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19382437. "they did great to stay in the league last season" didn''t sound amazingly confidentMcLeish was scathing at the end of the season, with a clear indication that the whole squad needed overhauling. Since Lambert''s been there the first choice back four has been asked to leave (he won''t play Hutton&Warnock, Collins was sold to West Ham, and a question mark over Dunne who is out injured). Stephen Ireland is sitting on the bench and aside from the two Dutch lads, he''s not really brought in much quality.It''s weird. At the time it was billed as Lambert wanted to leave because we weren''t moving fast enough for him, but now it looks like he''s been duped. At this point in time (assuming there isn''t a deluge of activity by them) I''m staggered he left. At this rate I can see Darren Bent "engineering" a move out of there.I doubt McNally will have much to answer for. The line will always be that Lambert wanted to leave, we appointed an experienced manager and backed him heavily in the transfer market.

Didn''t the club put out  a statement when Villa made the approach for Lambert which basically said they had refused permission for Lambert to speak to them about the vacancy?If there had been a falling out then why on the face of it would McNally try to keep him at Norwich?However, thinking back to the speech Lambert made after the Villa game at the end of last season that did sound to me like ''...its been a great 3 years, thanks & goodbye''???  Maybe I''m reading to much into that but he pretty much said the same in his speech after Drury''s testermonial.I think Lambert & Cully did an incedible job here, shame it ended how it did & when it did, I think Norwich & Lambert were a good ''fit'' & had he have stayed I think he could have emulated what David Moyes has done at Everton, but now we will never know!!OTBC

["Mr Brownstone"]

Kingsway

Lambert certainly will go down as one of our best managers ever and I too feel privilaged to have been around to see it but I still want him to fail at Villa mainly cause that will likely mean they finish below us which could help us to avoid the drop!

Could Lambert end up like John Bond after he left us in that he never done much after leaving us for supposedly bigger and better things?

It does seem to me more and more likely that McNally had more to do with Lambert leaving than I first suspected.

I think it may have been somewhat like the Holt saga. If Lambert was playing his usual ''tricks'' - ie; not committing, and trying everything possible to get more transfer money to work with and a higher wage for him and his backroom staff, then McNally called his bluff, things turned sour, Villa came along, Lambert left. Had Villa - or anyone similar - not been there, then it may well have gone the way of the Holt saga and been resolved. But with Villa being there at that very moment, I get the feeling it was a spur of the moment thing.

That is extremely wild conjecture, based upon nothing more than supposition and guess work, but I do get the impression that something along those lines may be behind it. I don''t think Lambert had a long-term plan to move to Villa, nor do I believe that McNally would have pushed him if Lambert hadn''t ''provoked'' it in some way.