Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Fulham Thread

Half timewe started well, but the longer it went on, the worse we played and the better fulham playedwe are getting opened up far too easilysurman missed one - fulham missed about another 4 - it could be 6!!we need to change radically!

actually worse in defence than last year at the moment... seriously could be 3-0 and all goals would have been giftsagree it looks exactly like the friendlies

Okay, we''ve had a shit pre-season where we struggled to score any goals. I was willing to think when the season starts proper, we''ll be okay.

But it''s all coming very clear to me now. Hughton is going to far too defensive as a manager. As a consequence, if we carry on like this, we won''t win a single away game all season, and score less than 10 goals all year away from home. And at home, we''ll draw too many games, games we''ll need to win. Conclusion: Hughton will take us down, unless he realises Lambert kept us up because under him we threw caution to the wind and just went for it.

But knowing how stubborn managers can be. Hughton will gone by February.

Wrong formation and wrong tactics, If it ain''t broke don''t fix it. Where has the passing attacking play from last season gone? Yes we always conceded but we always looked like we would score. This game has gone but he must learn from that shambles. Snodgrass looks lost out there and everyone looks scared to get forward and help Holt out.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Carra Rud"]This could be a rout... totally average, no ideas, losing possession = RELEGATION material! If we can''t score or defend we are in serious trouble its so obvious... get back to basics 4-4-2 FFS![/quote]Not that you''re over reacting after 1.3% of the season eh![/quote]lol... not really if this the way we are going to play all season then there is only one way to go... tighten up 0-0 would have been a great opening day result not anymore... 4-0 confidence down the c rapper

Absolute garbage so far, and I hope the 4-5-1 gets scrapped at half time otherwise we are seriously in trouble.

No chances created, no ball keeping apart from the first 10 minutes and we are sitting so deep it''s actually painful.

We miss Hoolahans influence, Holt has no support up top and we have absolutely no service being created up top. Just like in the friendlies, I just can''t see where the goal is coming from. We definitely look worse than last season so far.

Mr Hughton, your move!

In an effort to tighten our defence CH has killed our attacking threat.While still being very loose at the back.In PL''s day we would see an adventurous formation in the second half. I don''t believe its in Hughton''s make up to do anything different to what we are now.He might prove me wrong but I can''t really see it. This game is over.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Okay, we''ve had a shit pre-season where we struggled to score any goals. I was willing to think when the season starts proper, we''ll be okay.

But it''s all coming very clear to me now. Hughton is going to far too defensive as a manager. As a consequence, if we carry on like this, we won''t win a single away game all season, and score less than 10 goals all year away from home. And at home, we''ll draw too many games, games we''ll need to win. Conclusion: Hughton will take us down, unless he realises Lambert kept us up because under him we threw caution to the wind and just went for it.

[/quote]Is this a mickey take of ridiculous, pathetic, over-reacting posts?

Pretty shocking so far.
I think I hear the sounds of the purse strings being opened.
Needs drastic improvement 2nd half.
I expected to lose this one, but the performance is what''s concerning me. We look clueless as soon as we get within 30/35 yards of their goal. Need Wessi, Benno or Vaughan, give Fulham something different to think about and give us a bit of creativity or pace. Just something to spark our attack into life.

[quote user="ricardo"]In an effort to tighten our defence CH has killed our attacking threat.

While still being very loose at the back.

In PL''s day we would see an adventurous formation in the second half. I don''t believe its in Hughton''s make up to do anything different to what we are now.

He might prove me wrong but I can''t really see it. This game is over.
[/quote]

I agree. All the effort seems pointless. At least Holloway would simply attack.

I''ve tried to keep positive about everything (and away at Fulham doesn''t normally define a season. Unless it''s 2006) but from listening to the coverage we sound clueless.

I have only heard Surman mentioned about three times and Pilks once! Darren Eadie is saying we are looking toothless and getting carved apart at will. Holt definitely needs someone up there with him

Lets see if Hughton is a decent manager or not, now most of us fans realize that going Holt alone up front wasn''t going to wrk, even in friednlies it was pretty obvious, Hughton chose to ignore what was happening in front of him, it''s now happening again in the 1st half, lets see if he changes it ??If he doesn''t I fear a very long season

canary call will be funny as hell this evening. not the time to over react but its pretty damn obvious 451 is a bit of an epic fail

i think citys goal difference in the past few years is highly indicative of the way this group of players have had to play in order to win

defensively tight they are not.

The writing was on the wall in the pre season games but most chose not to read it . Need to get that Rhodes bid in asap .

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]Is this a mickey take of ridiculous, pathetic, over-reacting posts?[/quote]

It is in a way but on evidence thus far it looks that way.

Thats the attraction of having so many good midfielders you feel your going to be able to dominate possession.

However we just dont have the runners with pace from the mid to pull this off it seems.

Early days but not a wonderful first impression thus far.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]Is this a mickey take of ridiculous, pathetic, over-reacting posts?[/quote]

Nope. It''s speaking from experience. I''ve supported Norwich for over 20 years. I''ve seen us rise, fall and rise again. Playing defensively in the PL gets you relegated. Worthington tried it. We didn''t win a single game away from home under him that season if memory serves me right. Hughton appears to be cut from the same cloth as Worthington thus far, judging pre-season and 45 minutes of PL football. Hughton can prove me wrong of course, by realising that maybe Lambert succeeded because he knew sometimes you have to just go for it. Time will tell. But the evidence thus far, albeit limited, points in one direction. Down.

big gaps in the defence but the midfield needs to do a hell of a lot more. sadly Howson, Pilks, Surman and Snodgrass are all "flair" player.. we need a cruncher.... someone who isn''t afraid to get a yellow (Or even red card!) for the cause if it means we get the 3 points.. Fulham have been dancing through us because no one can get the foot in.

We without a doubt need to get Vaughan on imo. Was our best player in pre-season, we are clueless when we are on the edge of the box, need that speed when we are on the attack, we are to casual and we let Fulham set up before we get attacking.

Give them something to think about!

[quote user="Ncfc"]The writing was on the wall in the pre season games but most chose not to read it . Need to get that Rhodes bid in asap .
[/quote]

Absolute rubbish. We just need to play two up front.  

Half-time in our first game of the season and we look very average so far.  I was looking for organisation and purpose from the team today. Something to show what Hughton''s management style is all about. Not much in evidence so far. Is Chris Hughton capable of doing what Lambert did so capably and bring the team back from the brink? The next 45 mins may give us a clue.

I don''t like the way we''re playing too, but it''s only the first game of the season. Bit early calling for Hughton''s head.