Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Fulham Thread

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Half-time in our first game of the season and we look very average so far.  I was looking for organisation and purpose from the team today. Something to show what Hughton''s management style is all about. Not much in evidence so far. Is Chris Hughton capable of doing what Lambert did so capably and bring the team back from the brink? The next 45 mins may give us a clue.

[/quote]Sorry but I doubt it

again I feel like I''m not saying anything positive... but wowobviously should start with 442... we rarely get a result with 451 and we''re not going to todayworried that it didn''t seem to work preseason and can''t really see why the manager thought it would nowvaughan on... let''s at least look like we want to winI''ll take 4 or 5 -2 now but we need to make some threat

I say leave the team as it is and move Snoddy further up to behind the striker and play much more offensively in general. Vaughan on for Johnson at 60 mins maybe too?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]big gaps in the defence but the midfield needs to do a hell of a lot more. sadly Howson, Pilks, Surman and Snodgrass are all "flair" player.. we need a cruncher.... someone who isn''t afraid to get a yellow (Or even red card!) for the cause if it means we get the 3 points.. Fulham have been dancing through us because no one can get the foot in.

[/quote]Fulham have been dancing through us because the idiot we have employed as a manger thinks that playing a flat 4 across the middle works in the Premier League.  Hughton is going to take us down

wiz im never really able to work out if youre trolling or notthink i agree with you thoughhughton just seems a bit too nice. hope im wrong though. if he hasnt changed the formation for the second half hes either blind, stubborn or been in the bar for the first 45 minutes chatting up the barmaid

[quote user="Wiz"]Hughton as I feared will be a total disaster.[/quote]i thought we didnt win for over a month at the start of the last premiership season.. but then what do i know.yes.. a manager who has finished 6th and been to a playoff final will be a failure.. wheres Lamberts highest finish again?Morro on for Surman now.. i agree.. Surmans a good player but too light weight

After the Ajax game I admitted if we played that way against Fulham I feared 4 or more against us – so far it is going exactly as I feared. Listening to Darren Eadie on Radio Norfolk it sounds as if no-one is making runs off, or supporting Holt.

We were awful at Carrow Road last week, some saying that was because CH simply wasn’t playing his favoured way. It wasn’t even a bit of ‘Reverse psychology’ said some on this forum – but really, didn’t we learn anything from that Ajax game?

4-5-1 didn’t work then and it isn’t today. Paul Lambert would never have played like this - where''s our winning team gone?

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]big gaps in the defence but the midfield needs to do a hell of a lot more. sadly Howson, Pilks, Surman and Snodgrass are all "flair" player.. we need a cruncher.... someone who isn''t afraid to get a yellow (Or even red card!) for the cause if it means we get the 3 points.. Fulham have been dancing through us because no one can get the foot in.

[/quote]Fulham have been dancing through us because the idiot we have employed as a manger thinks that playing a flat 4 across the middle works in the Premier League.  Hughton is going to take us down[/quote]not when those players are ball players not ball winners...Keane, Makalele, Toure, Viera.. ball winners... what we lack.

Guess we can see why Lambert never tried to defend. However, morro on, 442 hopefully, we can win the second half and see what happens.

Still feel as though we need that tough quick striker that vaughan is. He''s changed it. Lets see how it goes but from what I have seen and heard from Vaughan in pre season, he is what we need.

Well it took 45 mins to find out what Lambert and 90% of NCFC fans already knew, we play better 2 up front.Lets see how we go in the 2nd half 2 up front, 2-0 down is one hell of  score to reverse

Encouraging to see Hughton make a positive change and bring Morison on. Fingers crossed we create some more chances this half.

The acid test will be the next away game. will Hughton have learned, or will he play 4-5-1 again?

CBs look solid... lots of last ditch tackles.

Everything of Fulham play is through the channel between FB and CB.

FB''s look like they too wide for a defensive compact team, If that is what Hughton trying to achieve.

[quote user="safri_free_kick"]Now Morison''s on I''m cautiously optimistic. If we get a goal in the first ten minutes, everything changes. [/quote]Well, there goes that optimism.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]big gaps in the defence but the midfield needs to do a hell of a lot more. sadly Howson, Pilks, Surman and Snodgrass are all "flair" player.. we need a cruncher.... someone who isn''t afraid to get a yellow (Or even red card!) for the cause if it means we get the 3 points.. Fulham have been dancing through us because no one can get the foot in.

[/quote]Fulham have been dancing through us because the idiot we have employed as a manger thinks that playing a flat 4 across the middle works in the Premier League.  Hughton is going to take us down[/quote]not when those players are ball players not ball winners...Keane, Makalele, Toure, Viera.. ball winners... what we lack.[/quote]If Johnson and Howson aren''t ball winners what are they?  We need to play 2 deep lying midfield players in front of the back 4 in a 4  2  3  1 formation.  Alternatively one deep lying player in a 4   1  3  2.  We have to fill the middle of the pitch otherwise teams will just run straight through us.  We will probably be the only team in the PL this weekend to play a flat 4 which says everything you need to know about Hughton and Calderwood.