Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Ric

Not usually negative but turner !!

As the title says. I love and get behind Norwich so much , but his performance today was shocking. Let''s hope it''s just a one off!!

And hopefully chris will be able to sort out a couple of new signings. Well can''t get much worse onwards and upwards.

Otbc

Agree. Must be one of the worst ever performances for a central defender ever in Premier League. The whole team was embarrasing to watch. Low Champonship level.

he was shocking against borussia, i was hoping he was not playing his best in preseason.... but guess not..

his positioning and concentration is awful, can''t we cancel ayala''s loan early?

[quote user="snakepit ric"]I said the same. Worst debut I have ever seen. He can of get better though lol[/quote]

Turner had a worse debut than Theocliterios against Colchester? Christ he must''ve been appalling.

I thought that the dependable Elliot Ward was supposed to be the boo boy.

He has never reached anywhere near those depths.

Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you....
This seasons scapegoat. He didn''t score any own goals, and the rest of the defence did jack all to stop the five goals.
You all enjoy your scapegoat won''t you?
:\

I agree, if anyone should have been singled out at the back it was Tierney. I think he put the nail in the coffin of his starting chances with our latest loan signing.

Let''s give the lad a chance ... he is a City player after all.

He is a far better defender than yesterday demonstrated ... it was a bad day at the office - no more no less.

Is this a serious post or another binner taking advantage. The reason lots of you dont like Turner is simply because we let Ayala go. Tierney might just as well have been somewhere else Bennett one last ditch tackle apart was running round like a lost puppy and Martin did not have one of his best games. I conceed he lost it for the penalty but he was probably sick of having to defend single handedly.

This is now getting a repetitive and very worrying theme amongst our supporters - Morison comes into the team because Holt is not scoring after scoring 6 in 8 games he is booed because Holt actually comes on as sub and scored but is not started next game, a manager comes in to replace a manager and because Paul Lambert decided this club was not worthy of him the new manager is abused - its not his fault Lambert left and now we get rid of somebody that only played 8 games so the person that replaces him is now s**t.

The most dreadful players yesterday were Tierney Pilkington Snodgrass and Holt but hey dont give them any stick because the very same people on here claim they are the best - not yesterday they werent although they maybe next week who knows.

But I thought that anyone was an improvement on what we had at the back last season?Looks like the experts on here got it wrong again.

[quote user="hels"]Agree. Must be one of the worst ever performances for a central defender ever in Premier League. The whole team was embarrasing to watch. Low Champonship level.[/quote]

you''ve clearly already forgotten Ward''s performance at home to Liverpool as recently as April then?.

I didnt actually think Turner did too badly in the first half yesterday, got a couple of decent blocks in ,and was there to head back to Ruddy in dangerous situations on a couple of occasions. I still find it bemusing that we would let Whitbread go though.

As others have said there were plenty of other candidates for "scapegoat" though. I''ve previously said that Pilkington (Ajax free kick aside) has looked poor in pre-season and that carried over into yesterday. If you take away the odd goal he pops up with, what is it that he actually offers?

no pace to be a winger and can''t cross. if we''re playing one up front that is of no use whatsoever

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="hels"]Agree. Must be one of the worst ever performances for a central defender ever in Premier League. The whole team was embarrasing to watch. Low Champonship level.[/quote]

you''ve clearly already forgotten Ward''s performance at home to Liverpool as recently as April then?.

I didnt actually think Turner did too badly in the first half yesterday, got a couple of decent blocks in ,and was there to head back to Ruddy in dangerous situations on a couple of occasions. I still find it bemusing that we would let Whitbread go though.

As others have said there were plenty of other candidates for "scapegoat" though. I''ve previously said that Pilkington (Ajax free kick aside) has looked poor in pre-season and that carried over into yesterday. If you take away the odd goal he pops up with, what is it that he actually offers?

no pace to be a winger and can''t cross. if we''re playing one up front that is of no use whatsoever

[/quote]
I didn''t mention scapegoats so that it could be a squad-bashing-free-for-all! Pilkington is quality player, who doesn''t lack pace and partners up with Bennet on the right wing brilliantly... 
This place man...

First day debuts,  heavy defeats - 1-7 colchester - Michael Theo.. and now Michael Turner ... no more defensive MTs... 

No this is not a binner starting a post , it''s is a post on what I saw of his performance on Saturday ,?

As I stated I am not one to slag players of hence my small post amount on here ,

Was just curious to how other people found his performance Saturday.

Yes the whole team was shocking and if I was manager they would of been getting a bollocking Monday,

so it''s not a new scape goat etc , was stating it was a debut to forget for him , and hopefully he will become a class addition to us !

Hope this shows my lack of binnerism for you ?!

From Football365:

"On his debut Michael Turner did not win a single ball in the air, failed with four of his seven attempted clearances, made one tackle, made three fouls and gave away one penalty"

[quote user="snakepit ric"]No this is not a binner starting a post , it''s is a post on what I saw of his performance on Saturday ,?

As I stated I am not one to slag players of hence my small post amount on here ,

Was just curious to how other people found his performance Saturday.

Yes the whole team was shocking and if I was manager they would of been getting a bollocking Monday,

so it''s not a new scape goat etc , was stating it was a debut to forget for him , and hopefully he will become a class addition to us !

Hope this shows my lack of binnerism for you ?![/quote]
No, it hasn''t disproven your binnerism because not the whole team was shocking. See my avatar.

I read two detailed press reports with player marks and whilst the marks reflected a bad performance all round, Turnet, along with R. Bennett and Ruddy were our best marks at 6, the rest got 4s and 5s. I didn''t go, so bow to those that did, but maybe Turner wasn''t the worst offender on the day. I''ll make my judgement on Saturday, if he plays, now that Bassong has joined us.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''ve previously said that Pilkington (Ajax free kick aside) has looked poor in pre-season and that carried over into yesterday. If you take away the odd goal he pops up with, what is it that he actually offers?

[/quote]No pace?  Can''t cross????  WHAT?Pilkington has got a wand of a right foot, can you not remember that cross for Holt''s goal against Liverpool last season?  Pilkington is by far the best crosser of a ball in our team (ignoring Garrido because I haven''t seen him play yet).

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''ve previously said that Pilkington (Ajax free kick aside) has looked poor in pre-season and that carried over into yesterday. If you take away the odd goal he pops up with, what is it that he actually offers?

[/quote]

No pace?  Can''t cross????  WHAT?

Pilkington has got a wand of a right foot, can you not remember that cross for Holt''s goal against Liverpool last season?  Pilkington is by far the best crosser of a ball in our team (ignoring Garrido because I haven''t seen him play yet).
[/quote]

+1

Pilkington was the one player that I was worried about losing this Summer. He''s only 24 and scored 8 premier league goals last season, better form than the english players that played in the euros. Worth £15-20m in today''s market.

I agree about Tierney & Pilks, the former is a good player who had a bad day like most of the rest of them. Pilks is also a good player but he is out of form at present, one or 2 appearances from the bench would help rebuild his confidence. Russ Martin I thought was the pick of our defenders at Fulham, I seem to remember him clearing 5 or 6 long balls they tried to play over the back of him to the winger in the first 20 minutes, that''s about as many as the rest of them managed all game.

Turner is a proven Prem centre back and will do a good job for us, he and Bassong have the makings of a good partnership.

Your avatar is lovely. Still does not mean the team as a whole did not play bad, howson included ,

them stats about turner was how I saw him play this week ,

Hopefully can fulfill his potential with us and him a bassong gel well !

tbh all the players had a bad game, can''t just single out just one. Hopefully come our next game they will start working as a team again.