Sign in to follow this  
barclaystand

How many generations of Norwich fans?

How many generations of Norwich fans have there been in your family?No telling porkies now...I''m the 3rd generation, starting with my Grandad, who then took my mum, and then me obviously.All 3 generations were there for my first game too, which was sadly never repeated.

same, 3rd, that i know of anywaygrew up on tales of the 59 cup run, full sung versions of otbc, lots of moaning about chase and how we would always get a full house at home whatever league we were inhttp://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/213539

fathers side bit mish mash, mothers side, im fourth generation, gt grandad wilfred watched at the nest

On my mums side her dad and her used to go to games...

My dad was in an raf family and has seen everyone from Liverpool in the 70s to bayern, ajax, Celtic, even games in Cyprus and Switzerland... He is a football fan rather than a club fan, although he always took me to Carrow road as a boy

My Grandad took me to Carrow rd when I was 5, Also later with my Dad, then my daughters started going with me, now my Grandson and one of my Grandaughters are Junior members, that adds up to 5 generations

OTBC

I''m 4th, my son 5th. My grandmother was taken to Newmarket road by her uncle, so the story goes!

I''m the first generation, but my kids had an option, I told them if they were to support a team it''s got to be someone local or follow their Dad and follow Norwich (no glory grabbers in my family) Whilst my youngest now supports Swindon Town, (good on her, local team.) My eldest now comes with me home and away to support Norwich.(full marks to her too)

grandad supports Norwich, mum kind of takes an interest, and I converted my dad into a Norwich fan.

My grandfather used to go to games when he had the money

he was actually Norwich''s first Elvis impersonator (claim to fame)

but as there was not much call for that in the 1930''s the games were few and far between

First generation me, a very long and roundabout story and for a change I brought my Dad to his first Norwich City game (winning him round) and a nephew who is currently being brainwashed as we speak.

Kind of 2nd and 1st.

My Grandad moved to Norwich about 30 years ago now (with my Grandma and Mum), he watched Norwich for a while, because he likes watching football, but not sure if he was really a ''supporter''. He was originally an Eastbourne fan, but followed Southampton and Chelsea when he lived in those areas. About 12 years ago I decided I wanted to go watch Norwich, so he started up again. Now he''s a proper Norwich fan.

I''m 1st gen NCFC... Moved here after family seperation in 1990, just in time for some great football. My dad (who i grew into football with) is Villa, yet all his brothers and family are west brom (im from Kiddermister)... my mums side are all Wolves (''nuff said). First game was the great home game vs Arsenal. Very happy to break the timeline for NCFC. :)

My dad was best friends with Kevin Keelan and his brother and sisters. they used to have tea together and play football on the green together....

My connection with Norwich stems from my 2nd Cousins (i.e. my cousins kids) who were born, bred and buttered in Norwich and have always supported Norwich.   I also have many friends in the Norwich area whom I started going to games with and my affection, respect and admiration for the club and fans has grown ever since.

Although I remain a Liverpool supporter I am a great Norwich fan.   I have even influenced a friends 11 year old daughter who, despite living 120 miles away, has become quite fanatical about NCFC and we are taking her to the MK Dons friendly as a surprise for her first time watching them play. 

Football isn''t a genetic thing though - me Dad was an Evertonian!!!!!!

1st generation.  My Dad is a Middlesbrough "fan".

I''m proud to be the only member of my family born and bred in Norwich.  I moved away when I was 8 but Norwich is still my home and always will be.

3rd generation (at least)
My Grandad was the first to attend regular Norwich games, and whilst not a supporter as such (he said he ''supported'' QPR) my great Uncle who went with him is a definite Norwich supporter, who still has a season ticket and attends games. My Dad often went to football matches with my Grandad and great Uncle (along with his elder brother) and became a big Norwich fan who regularly attended matches and eventually got a season ticket. Every single one of my paternal uncles (all three of them, plus my uncle-in law) support Norwich, so it was a logical step for me and my brothers to support Norwich. 

A great, original post Barclaystand.

I''m 4th generation, my son is 5th. We are both London based (myself since I was 8), so my plight is that much harder...I hope my son sticks with it but I won''t be that upset if he chooses a London team in the end as NCFC is my story...he can choose his own. Walking out with big GH at WHL last season has definitely helped etch yellow & green in his heart that little bit more. "Are you the best player in the world" he asked GH in the tunnel..."Yes" replied GH, much to the amusement of Ruddy behind him. My son was happy with his answer and still believes it so.

My Grandad was a regular at the nest but said it was a poor ground and not a patch on carra rud. His stand out game was a cup game against Leicester when he''d never seen a crowd before or since like it, and an atmosphere to match. Apparently the atmosphere got to our players as we lost? (so he said)...you''ll have to confirm this dearest old guard.

His last game was when I took him to see Man U in the cup about 88/89? and when Dale Gordon scored the winner the surge of the Barclay (standing then) meant I lost him and he ended up 4-5 rows away from me...after the game (when he''d got his breath back) he stated..."great game bor, but I shant goo no more". :0)

[quote user="barclaystand"]How many generations of Norwich fans have there been in your family?
No telling porkies now...

I''m the 3rd generation, starting with my Grandad, who then took my mum, and then me obviously.

All 3 generations were there for my first game too, which was sadly never repeated.

[/quote]

First generation here, and my son second and hope most of my grandchildren become 3rd

I''m second generation - my parents "courted" whilst following the 58/59 cup run, their parents had no real interest in football.  Although I started attending with my Dad in the late 60''s he got disillusioned with the money coming into the game in the early 70''s!  Thankfully my mum took over, so much so she ran the Attleborough Supporters club in the late 70''s / early 80''s, organising coach trips to all away games during that time.  A great female pioneer in a period of hooliganism.  She even arranged for the returning Milk Cup winning team to stop off in Attleborough with the cup on their way back from London.  Her ashes, god rest her soul, are now buried under the River End penalty area supporting the boys in yellow and green to this day and into the future.

Just 1 so far my dads a yorkshire man who moved to Norfolk and supports Sheffield untied

Hopefully any children I may have will follow Norwich, If they decide to support Man Utd or Chelsea i may disown them!!!

I''m first generation (as my Dad was a rugby man), and my daughter is (slowly!) becoming 2nd generation.

(My dad''s rugby influence did bear fruit as I played/refereed and assessed refs, in a  sport I love equally)

[quote user="City1st"]

...he was actually Norwich''s first Elvis impersonator (claim to fame)

but as there was not much call for that in the 1930''s... [/quote]

He was way ahead of his time !!!

Only me.Started supporting Norwich in 1973as a 8yr old(bit of a glory hunter wanted them to beat spurs in league cup final)Always lived in Stoke,but around 8yrs ago due to a death in my fathers side ,I found out i had got some relations in Norfolk(this is spooky aint it)My father has no interest in football,my brother who is older has been a life long Stoke fan,and Iam sorry to say my son is a Stoke fan(but he does go to games with me now and again)I didnt realise how far Norwich was from Stoke as a 8yr old ,but once youve got your team you stay with them OTBC

[quote user="shefcanary"]Her ashes, god rest her soul, are now buried under the River End penalty area supporting the boys in yellow and green to this day and into the future.[/quote]Ah, bless her. She is one of the lucky ones though....she has undersoil heating....."They shall grow not cold, as we that are left grow cold" [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="shefcanary"]Her ashes, god rest her soul, are now buried under the River End penalty area supporting the boys in yellow and green to this day and into the future.[/quote]

Ah, bless her. She is one of the lucky ones though....she has undersoil heating.....

"They shall grow not cold, as we that are left grow cold" [;)]
[/quote]

Indeed Lapp - it was very good of the club to invest!!

I''m the 1st generation as my dad is scottish.. Been a city fan since I was 5. Now 33.. Now my daughter is going to be the 2nd generation

Only second generation here, I am the first generation born in Norwich. but my Grandson will be the fourth generation when he is old enough.

I''ve just checked with my Dad, and he''s adamant that his Grandfather (my great-Grandfather) was a Norwich supporter, which would make me 4th generation.

we would be in the third generation cat my father took me first time versus derby 1966 i took my 2 boys first time sheff wed 1994 we all sat together as season ticket holders from 97 to 2004 shame father has missed the glory years