Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Norwich make bid for Snodgrass

If I was a Leeds fan reading Warnock''s statement I would be very worried indeed. What has happened to all the talk of "building a team round him and not for sale at any price". It sounds to me that they are resigned to losing him and are preparing the ground for the inevitable fallout from the fans. They won''t be happy but when you''ve punched below your weight for years it''s always on the cards that you will lose your best players. Sorry all you Leeds fans but NCFC have been there and done that and we know ihow it feels.I think it''s odds on that he will be here before the week is out.

" Unless they come up with a valuation that the club thinks is satisfactory then that’s what we want to do.”

So it''s now a case of the amount of money not whether he will leave or not

I would suggest that there may be ''sale clause'' whereby if so much is offered then the player can leave. If so City will be aware of that. If notI would imagine McNally is getting the best deal possible, as with Butterfield, where we offer what we feel we can get away with.

We shall see

[quote user="City1st"]

" Unless they come up with a valuation that the club thinks is satisfactory then that’s what we want to do.”

So it''s now a case of the amount of money not whether he will leave or not

I would suggest that there may be ''sale clause'' whereby if so much is offered then the player can leave. If so City will be aware of that. If notI would imagine McNally is getting the best deal possible, as with Butterfield, where we offer what we feel we can get away with.

We shall see

[/quote]They are not happy on WACCOE, word is that he has put in a request to leave.They are just touting for more cash now, they know the games up.

If there is a release/sale clause they can tout all they like but unless another club comes in that''s all they get.

I wouldn''t imagine their ''touting'' will achieve much with McNally either

ps my only worry is whether Birmingham will let us have any of our ''biggest transfer budget'' back so we can afford him

I couldn''t care less whether we sign Snodgrass or not. I question whether he is suited to the EPL.

I''d much rather we pushed the boat out for Naughton and another centre half.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

What''s your hunch folks?

Will we up our bid? 

I personally hope so!

[/quote]Yep we will up our bid, we always start off low, just hope AV don''t bid for him as wellWill be mega impressed if we sign him.

Nothing is certain in footy. But he has been linked with us now for a while. With Howson and Johnson here, and also the fact that Leeds have lost Lonergan as well may well mean Snodgrass wants to move on too.

He will be 25 by the time the season really gets going, I doubt he wants to wait until he is 26 before tasting premiership football for the first time. I would be surprised if he stays at Leeds. The new contract they offered him was offered when Warnock was first appointed I believe, if it was too good to refuse he would have signed it.

Leeds will sell, but from Warnock''s language it is more of a case of give us more.

Personally i feel we don''t actually need him, we have the likes of Pilks, Bennet, Hoolahan, Howson chipping in, not sure this should be our top priority. I think we should look at the lack of pace in defence.....Is this just a personal battle of Mr McNally''s ''getting one over Mr Lambert''.....I think it could be you know...

As someone else has said, I''d love it if this was simply to push up Villa''s offer - although I imagine Villa can easily beat us on wages, and the power does lie with players these days.

[quote user="cityislife"]Personally i feel we don''t actually need him, we have the likes of Pilks, Bennet, Hoolahan, Howson chipping in, not sure this should be our top priority. I think we should look at the lack of pace in defence.....

Is this just a personal battle of Mr McNally''s ''getting one over Mr Lambert''.....I think it could be you know...

[/quote]

I have been thinking the same. we dont need him

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I''d much rather we pushed the boat out for Naughton and another centre half.

[/quote]

Absolutely agree. Defence is where we need most investment,

Latest rumour ont'' net is we only bid £1.5m for Snoddy - that should please the doom merchants on here.  It is right not to be ripped off but if this is true then this does seem a tad low.  Obviously McNasty remembering Bates reaction to the Howson fee!

Well I personally am a big believer in thinking that if we have quality midfielders and strikers that will help our defence out loads. Defend as a team attack as a team. It sure puts a load of pressure on the team defensively if we can''t score or keep the ball. Makes much more sense to think of the team ''with the ball'' and ''without the ball'' than attacking and defensively imo. Snodgrass will be one of our best players if he comes, he''s one the best in the champ, he''s exactly the sort we should be going for as at Prem level ball retention is absolutely vital and we weren''t incredible at that last year. Plus only if we get him will we have 4 wingers - Pilks, Benno, Snoddy and Butterfield. And from what I''ve heard Butterfield likes to play more centrally so that may be pushing it.

[quote user="ricardo"]If I was a Leeds fan reading Warnock''s statement I would be very worried indeed. What has happened to all the talk of "building a team round him and not for sale at any price". It sounds to me that they are resigned to losing him and are preparing the ground for the inevitable fallout from the fans. They won''t be happy but when you''ve punched below your weight for years it''s always on the cards that you will lose your best players. Sorry all you Leeds fans but NCFC have been there and done that and we know ihow it feels.

I think it''s odds on that he will be here before the week is out.
[/quote]

There is rumour on one Leeds board that he has already gone.

I believe the spine ofthe team needs help, centre half, central midfield and striker. But I also agree full back may be needed as is a wide player.Snodgrass at this point in his career and with one year left, now is the time to capture him. So I hope we can bring him in to our squad, he will fit in quickly and have the quality for this league. We can then go about the business of other positions, I do think we will do a bit of business this window as a few of our players may move on.It would be a great week if we could pick up Snodgrass, so looking forward to the developments. Sure others clubs may come a sniffing now. So hope we have done our homework and got in with a great bid.

Got to laugh at Warnock, claiming to be making the statement because the bid had been made public.  Not, it hadn''t, it was a rumour at that time, Warnock was the one making it public. 

Of course Warnock wants to sell Sondgrass, he has been stalling over a new contract for some time now and they dont want to lose him for nothing in the summer or pittance in Jan.  Warnock making the bd public because he knows Snoddy wants out and wants a biddig war.

He''s worth a go at, but not at any price. I''m sure we won''t get caught up in a bidding war for him. If anyone wants to pay 8 million for him, they''re welcome to do so. But I''m sure we''re not! Fù^* Warnock, frankly I hope he falls flat on his face with Snoddy demanding a transfer.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]He''s worth a go at, but not at any price. I''m sure we won''t get caught up in a bidding war for him. If anyone wants to pay 8 million for him, they''re welcome to do so. But I''m sure we''re not! Fù^* Warnock, frankly I hope he falls flat on his face with Snoddy demanding a transfer.[/quote]

With one year left on his contract they won''t get anywhere near that kind of money. If they hang on until Xmas it will be £1 million tops.

Warnock just been on Talksport, sounding resigned to Snodgrass going and says that his head has been turned. A few teams are interested in him though, i just hope we get in there first before a bidding war commences. Need Drury to put in a good word....

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]He''s worth a go at, but not at any price. I''m sure we won''t get caught up in a bidding war for him. If anyone wants to pay 8 million for him, they''re welcome to do so. But I''m sure we''re not! Fù^* Warnock, frankly I hope he falls flat on his face with Snoddy demanding a transfer.[/quote]

With one year left on his contract they won''t get anywhere near that kind of money. If they hang on until Xmas it will be £1 million tops.
[/quote]That makes sense Ric.  I''ve read figures though on here, on their site and in the press that state they value him at 7 - 8 million. They ''ll never get that but stranger things have happened...especially when clubs with big resources get involved.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Warnock just been on Talksport, sounding resigned to Snodgrass going and says that his head has been turned. A few teams are interested in him though, i just hope we get in there first before a bidding war commences. Need Drury to put in a good word....[/quote]

Made me smile when Alan Brazil said to Colin "It must be frustrating when a bigger club like Norwich Comes calling"

I be WACCOE went into meltdown when they heard that!

[quote user="Tj"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Warnock just been on Talksport, sounding resigned to Snodgrass going and says that his head has been turned. A few teams are interested in him though, i just hope we get in there first before a bidding war commences. Need Drury to put in a good word....
[/quote]

Made me smile when Alan Brazil said to Colin "It must be frustrating when a bigger club like Norwich Comes calling"

[/quote]

They did and still are, they now reckon they''re being softened up for bad news later.

Ricardo I reckon they will look at Howson as precedent and demand £2 million. So on that basis I think a fair price for Snodgrass with a year to run on his deal is around the £3-4 million mark.

[quote user="Tj"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Warnock just been on Talksport, sounding resigned to Snodgrass going and says that his head has been turned. A few teams are interested in him though, i just hope we get in there first before a bidding war commences. Need Drury to put in a good word....[/quote]

[/quote]Now let''s break that down a bit further and transfer it across the Championship.  Alan Brazil basically admitted that Norwich were a bigger club than his beloved Ipswich too.  Good work Alan.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Tj"]

[/quote]Now let''s break that down a bit further and transfer it across the Championship.  Alan Brazil basically admitted that Norwich were a bigger club than his beloved Ipswich too.  Good work Alan.[/quote]

Life has sweet moments sometimes dont they?

[quote user="Jacko"]Ricardo I reckon they will look at Howson as precedent and demand £2 million. So on that basis I think a fair price for Snodgrass with a year to run on his deal is around the £3-4 million mark.[/quote]
I agree with this, think this deal could cost around £3.5M, if we were to wait till January would be closer to £2M, as the Howson deal was.
Leeds need to stop letting their best players go cheaply at the end of their contract

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Jacko"]Ricardo I reckon they will look at Howson as precedent and demand £2 million. So on that basis I think a fair price for Snodgrass with a year to run on his deal is around the £3-4 million mark.[/quote]
I agree with this, think this deal could cost around £3.5M, if we were to wait till January would be closer to £2M, as the Howson deal was.
Leeds need to stop letting their best players go cheaply at the end of their contract
[/quote]You mean like how we let our best manager for a decade walk out on us for nothing?! [;)]