Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Official Norwich city site

Looks like the official site is in for a change. My daughter just pointed out to me that the Swindon Town site has already updated. The message reads
"WELCOME to the new official Swindon Town FC website. The

new site is a big change from the previous design and the switchover is

part of a continued process with all clubs part of the Football League

interactive (FLi) network rolling out new websites during the summer.
Focusing

on action from on and off the pitch, the new site will provide you with

high quality imagery to bring you a visually led experience.
As

well as continuing to provide you with all official STFC news, there

are lots of new and exclusive features to keep you in the know,

including:
•             A Live Matchday Centre bringing you live scores, line ups and stats from every Town fixture.

I''m sure someone will point out more eloquently than me, Swindoncanary, but Norwich are not in the Football League interactive (FLi) network. (for the coming season, anyway)

Current site is appalling, must say that the swindon one is better - but it''s still crap.

Its a shame Norwich didn''t let a good company in the city take it over and make it shine. But i guess they sold their online rights a long time ago.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Looks like the official site is in for a change. My daughter just pointed out to me that the Swindon Town site has already updated. The message reads

"WELCOME to the new official Swindon Town FC website. The new site is a big change from the previous design and the switchover is part of a continued process with all clubs part of the Football League interactive (FLi) network rolling out new websites during the summer.

Focusing on action from on and off the pitch, the new site will provide you with high quality imagery to bring you a visually led experience.

As well as continuing to provide you with all official STFC news, there are lots of new and exclusive features to keep you in the know, including:

•             A Live Matchday Centre bringing you live scores, line ups and stats from every Town fixture.

[/quote]

What genius came up with the idea that something you look at will be a "visually led experience"?

"Focusing on action from on and off the pitch, the new site will provide you with high quality imagery to bring you a visually led experience."

Need a dictionary to understand this. I guess it translates as "Footy and interviews with some good video and pics".

Has been announced on Twitter that a new-look official site is being launched today. I''ve had a look but no change as yet [:)]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Current site is appalling, must say that the swindon one is better - but it''s still crap. Its a shame Norwich didn''t let a good company in the city take it over and make it shine. But i guess they sold their online rights a long time ago.[/quote]

Wasn''t the company set up by Doomcaster or am I making things up?

I''ve paid for the site for a few years by DD but when I sign in on the new site, it''s asking me to create an account and pay even though I''m logged in...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Sneak peek...

[/quote]

I hope Mr.McNally approves of your "leak". [;)]

Must admit I don''t visit ''Canaries.co.uk'' very much now, only to use the "canariesplayer" Used to use it loads when they had a message board on there. It''s just a shame that because of a few they decided to shut it down. Funny how the minority always win in these situations. 

Oh dear.............just tried the new site.   Typical of kind site where the website builders have tried to cram too much in.   If it takes that long to load up every time, I shan''t be going there much....................

Well I hope they update the Academy page as it is horribly out of date, if we are going for this new Academy status then we should be able to get decent updated player profiles....

I noticed a Norwich academy team recently played in a competition in Southend, did not recognise 90% of the team......

The most annoying thing about Canaries Player is every time you go to watch a video, you get that canary intro bit at the start and it''s literally 10x noiser than the rest of the video, so you have to turn your volume down and then up again.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Oh dear.............just tried the new site.   Typical of kind site where the website builders have tried to cram too much in.   If it takes that long to load up every time, I shan''t be going there much....................

[/quote]

What a negative person you are LDC. Why don''t you just get behind everything NCFC if you want to call yourself a supporter. Give things time before you start your criticising. It just gets up my nose every time I see you and your ilk making premature judgments. Why even bother going there if you are just going to spout negative stuff. I know I am, quote "probably one of the most positive posters on this forum, unquote, but I really do find that people who can''t look for the good in something quite tedious. [;)] 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

What a negative person you are LDC. Why don''t you just get behind everything NCFC if you want to call yourself a supporter. Give things time before you start your criticising. It just gets up my nose every time I see you and your ilk making premature judgments. Why even bother going there if you are just going to spout negative stuff. I know I am, quote "probably one of the most positive posters on this forum, unquote, but I really do find that people who can''t look for the good in something quite tedious. [;)] 

[/quote]

[:''(] [:''(] [:''(] [:''(] [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="ellis206"]The most annoying thing about Canaries Player is every time you go to watch a video, you get that canary intro bit at the start and it''s literally 10x noiser than the rest of the video, so you have to turn your volume down and then up again. [/quote]Hahah I thought it was only me that got wound up by that. The sound clip is also really bad quality which just makes it hurt my ears more!

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

"Focusing on action from on and off the pitch, the new site will provide you with high quality imagery to bring you a visually led experience."

Need a dictionary to understand this. I guess it translates as "Footy and interviews with some good video and pics".

[/quote]

It is a priceless example of using PRspeak gobbledygook to dress up a statement of the bleeding obvious.

Looks pretty snazzy. Didn''t take too long to load.

About time we ditched the old website design to be fair.

Talking about revamping websites when is the software for this one going to be upgraded and modernised, it seems ages since you asked us for ideas Pete?

Wow- that is one of the most shambolic looking sites ever- the old one looked a bit poor but this new one looks like it was designed by a student.Won''t be visiting that much.

We recently changed the Stevenage website to the same format and my colleague who works in the media department said they loaded it up and the template was of Norwich City. So I knew the change was coming.

Must admit not particularly happy with the new layout but overall it will be a better site.

[quote user="Hog"]

Well I hope they update the Academy page as it is horribly out of date, if we are going for this new Academy status then we should be able to get decent updated player profiles....

I noticed a Norwich academy team recently played in a competition in Southend, did not recognise 90% of the team......

[/quote]

Thats because we dont develop many local players through the system. When they get to 16 we release nearly all of them and then nick the ones developed by other teams such as Cambridge and Stevenage ( tin hat on )

Please tell me what I am doing wrong ( if anything ). Go to site and it loads up fine. Press for instance Snodgrass signs and it comes up page has expired. Most simply say join canaries player - is it just me - I am rubbish when it comes to computers lol

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]Please tell me what I am doing wrong ( if anything ). Go to site and it loads up fine. Press for instance Snodgrass signs and it comes up page has expired. Most simply say join canaries player - is it just me - I am rubbish when it comes to computers lol[/quote]

Its not working for me either I get

Sorry, the page you are trying to reach may have expired, or been moved.

If you have followed a link from your bookmarks, please relocate the page and remember to update your booksmarks.

< Go back to the previous page Go to latest news >

Call me old fashioned, I prefer a home page where you can easily read where you want to go.  This site is designed for people who only read comics...............

And it still takes too long to load up................and no, my computer is fine before you tell me to go and buy a new one...........

Yep same city but if you go latest news then it still says same or asks you to join canary player. DO YOU NOW HAVE TO PAY TO SEE ANYTHING ON THE SITE ? I am assuming not.

City cant till later but if nobody comes up with solution I will ring club