Sign in to follow this  
Frying Pan Eyes

Talksport 10.15pm talking about Lambert and Hughton.

They did an interview with Gunny a while back. It was on about an hour after it was meant to be.

Now they are talking about having homosexual thoughts about Wayne Rooney. Interesting radio to say the least.

He didn''t quit though. We rejected his resignation. How can he be a free agent?

Ewan Chester on his way umm interesting. Also that coz we get hughton in and his back room staff then villa see lamberts bathroom staff as surplus to requirements so they get them cheap. I''m sorry but that aside villa can''t have a lot of cash ?

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Ewan Chester on his way umm interesting. Also that coz we get hughton in and his back room staff then villa see lamberts bathroom staff as surplus to requirements so they get them cheap. I''m sorry but that aside villa can''t have a lot of cash ?[/quote]

In that case If I was our CEO I would put Culverhouse and Carsa on Gardening leave, meaning they are still on the payroll and make it impossible for Lambert to take them to Villa and as well as that refuse to talk to To anyone connected with Villa untill compo is paid up, Lambert was not a free agent, and this couls get nasty. 

Interesting to hear that we are no longer in negotiations with Villa regarding compensation.And why is there no agreement in place to protect Villa from signing our players?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

In that case If I was our CEO I would put Culverhouse and Carsa on Gardening leave, meaning they are still on the payroll and make it impossible for Lambert to take them to Villa and as well as that refuse to talk to To anyone connected with Villa untill compo is paid up, Lambert was not a free agent, and this couls get nasty. 

[/quote]
I was thinking the exact same thing. Gardening leave = Villa either pay the compo for Cully + Karsa or get someone else in.

[quote user="fonejacker"]Interesting to hear that we are no longer in negotiations with Villa regarding compensation.

And why is there no agreement in place to protect Villa from signing our players?
[/quote]

I''d be interested to hear the club''s slant on the current state of affairs regarding compensation.

Seeing as Lambert walked, and Villa think they don''t owe us anything, how could we put such an agreement in place?  We can''t put conditions on something when no agreement between the club''s exist.

We can however refuse to sell Villa any of our players, should we choose to, but we can''t stop Villa making offers for our players as things stand. 

Where things could become messy is if any players have release clauses in their contracts, which you''d think Lambert would know the details about.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="fonejacker"]Interesting to hear that we are no longer in negotiations with Villa regarding compensation.And why is there no agreement in place to protect Villa from signing our players?[/quote]

I''d be interested to hear the club''s slant on the current state of affairs regarding compensation.

Seeing as Lambert walked, and Villa think they don''t owe us anything, how could we put such an agreement in place?  We can''t put conditions on something when no agreement between the club''s exist.

We can however refuse to sell Villa any of our players, should we choose to, but we can''t stop Villa making offers for our players as things stand. 

Where things could become messy is if any players have release clauses in their contracts, which you''d think Lambert would know the details about.

[/quote]I shouldn''t imagine Lambert knows details about players contracts. He identifies players he wants and the rest is up to the board. I doubt very much he would be involved in anything contractual.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="fonejacker"]Interesting to hear that we are no longer in negotiations with Villa regarding compensation.

And why is there no agreement in place to protect Villa from signing our players?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I shouldn''t imagine Lambert knows details about players contracts. He identifies players he wants and the rest is up to the board. I doubt very much he would be involved in anything contractual.
[/quote]

I would imagine that should, Grant Holt for example, have a release clause in his contract Lambert will know about it.

I reckon you''re right there - release clauses are often ''known'' amounts (esp when a layer wants to go) so I''m sure Holt''s would be. I imagine it wasn''t something that was thought about at the time, pretty-much everyone was (pleasantly) surprised at just how well he did last season.

How do you force someone to go on gardening league and not manage another footbll club? This is only contract law, not criminal law and all that can be done is pursue the person who broke the contract for compensation.

[quote user="kick it off"]
I was thinking the exact same thing. Gardening leave = Villa either pay the compo for Cully + Karsa or get someone else in.
[/quote]
Yes, it also means us using up some of our already relatively small wage budget on two people who won''t be adding anything to the club. If we/our new manager wants Culverhouse and Karsa to stay, then great. If we/the new manager doesn''t want them to stay, why would we want to keep them on the wage bill just to spite our ex-manager? What if we end up losing out on a player because we can''t afford the extra wages that would have been free if we had shipped out members of the backroom staff we didn''t want, rather than place them on gardening leave?
Some serious bitterness issues clouding judgement on this issue.

[quote user="Aggy"][quote user="kick it off"]
[/quote]
Yes, it also means us using up some of our already relatively small wage budget on two people who won''t be adding anything to the club. If we/our new manager wants Culverhouse and Karsa to stay, then great. If we/the new manager doesn''t want them to stay, why would we want to keep them on the wage bill just to spite our ex-manager? What if we end up losing out on a player because we can''t afford the extra wages that would have been free if we had shipped out members of the backroom staff we didn''t want, rather than place them on gardening leave?
Some serious bitterness issues clouding judgement on this issue.
[/quote]
That''s the point though. We will have to pay them off anyway, so we put them on gardening leave for two weeks until Villa pay the compo or Lambert puts a new team in place at Villa Park and then promptly release them. I''m not saying put them on gardening leave indefinitely. Just to force Villa to show their hand, and if they baulk at the compo then Lambert will be screwed and we''ll lose what? 2weeks wages for 2 employees who aren''t going to be on a fortune, or Villa will simply pay it and we gain 450k (is the reported figure) in compo... 
No bitterness issues, Villa have already ripped us off for Lambert, should we just roll over and let them do it for Karsa and Culverhouse too?
What was so hard to work out about that?

But according to McNasty Lambert was placed on gardening leave when they rejected his resignation.

If this is the case how come Villa were allowed to appoint him as manager??

The way I see it Villa dont owe us anything as Lambert resigned, the fact his resignation wast accepted is immaterial IMO...he still resigned

[quote user="city4eva"]The way I see it Villa dont owe us anything as Lambert resigned, the fact his resignation wast accepted is immaterial IMO...he still resigned[/quote]Do you think transfer fees would exist if a player could just resign when another club approached with a better pay package ?  When we signed Howson why didn''t we just say "Tell you what Johnny rather than pay a large sum of cash to Leeds why don''t you just resign and we''ll give you a million pound cash signing on bonus instead"Lambert resigned ergo he had to give us 12 months notice (if reported facts about his contract are correct). If he didn''t want to stay at the club and work those 12 months he could always pay us 12 months salary instead, technically Villa don''t owe us anything afaiaa but Lambert owes us 12 months pay which you would expect Villa to foot on his behalf.I don''t think Villa can afford this to go to tribunal as noises are being made about the initial approach being somewhat earlier than first reported so any claim that we breached his contract by refusing him permission to talk to villa might well come unstuck if it can be proven that contact had been made prior to the request.I suspect any "permission to talk" clause would involve a defined period to ensure Lambert didn''t do one in Feb or October and that the defined period began when the season ended.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]Every Norwich fan''s favourite journalist James Nursey is on apparently.[/quote]

Nursey is a bit of a dick. Frankly he got lucky on the Lambert story. Back in April he said Lambert would be interested in the Villa job. He didnt mention Martinez or OGS, who were interviewed but didn''t take the job. 

Also as the Voice of the Midlands, he completely missed the Hodgson story, and the Hughton story before they broke. And in fact, reading his Twitter line, announced that he was "going on holiday"  just before Lambert left.

He reminds me of a couple of clowns that write for the East Anglian Daily Times. They fill a lot of space with rubbish.

And he seriously needs to get some sun cream on that forehead....

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Ewan Chester on his way umm interesting. Also that coz we get hughton in and his back room staff then villa see lamberts bathroom staff as surplus to requirements so they get them cheap. I''m sorry but that aside villa can''t have a lot of cash ?[/quote]

Blimey - has he become a geriatric since he left? :-)

Well, on Talksport yesterday Keys and Gray said that Villa should act like a big club and pay us compensation. Gray is ex-Villa so the fact that he is unimpressed with his club speaks volumes. Villa are indeed acting like a very small-minded club IMO.