Sign in to follow this  
waggers

McLeish sacked?

All over twitter that he''s apparently in talks with the owners now. Expecting to lose his job later today..

Can they please get Martinez, Hughton or Brendan Rogers?!!! Leave off our Lambo!!

Majorly pooping it, this shit just got real!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I hope he is sacked. Villa will go back for Martinez and I think he''ll leave Wigan this time. Wigan will be in trouble finding a replacement of Martinez callibre.[/quote]

That''s far more likely.

LAMBERT WILL NOT GO TO VILLA.

I would not bet on that mate. 

Just can''t see Sir Lambert goint to Villa personally. If they are operating under massive financial constraints as is suggested everywhere, and they are massively in debt, what would he gain by going there and working under tighter conditions than he is at City? Nothing. So I just can''t see it, but that is obviously only my opinion.

Proper Charlie - I hope that you are right but even though they have far greater debt, they might still have more room for manoeuvre than we do. Depends upon a number of other factors - I''m sure for example that their revenue will be considerably higher than ours for a start.

I suspect that the owner has greater wealth than ours which gives even greater room. Having nearly got relegated, the owner will understand the consequences to his investment of a lack of new signings. Thus, a new manager is likely to have a bigger pot to spend there than we will have at Norwich.

Talksport are waiting for full confirmation that Mcleish has been sacked. Just announced.

Lambert''s cagey comments after yesterday''s final whistle suggest to me that he expects McLeish to be sacked but that he wants to look into all of the details at Villa Park before leaving Carrow Road.

If the finances are truly as terrible as we are made to believe then he may well think it''s better to stay here but with their stadium and potential he must be tempted.

Personally - I think he''ll end up there within days.

IF Villa sack McLeish and then appoint Martinez or Rogers, I can''t see Paul Lambert being tempted by either Wigan or Swansea. So we would be safe, especially because Paul Lambert may be influenced by Martin O''Neill and his experience of Villa.

Where does the idea that Aston Villa are hard up come from?. they are owned by Randy Lerner who also owns MBNA who back so many credit cards such as the old Canary Card from a few years back. I took one of those out and I bet I wasn''t alone.

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]

IF Villa sack McLeish and then appoint Martinez or Rogers, I can''t see Paul Lambert being tempted by either Wigan or Swansea. So we would be safe, especially because Paul Lambert may be influenced by Martin O''Neill and his experience of Villa.

Where does the idea that Aston Villa are hard up come from?. they are owned by Randy Lerner who also owns MBNA who back so many credit cards such as the old Canary Card from a few years back. I took one of those out and I bet I wasn''t alone.

[/quote]

Some figures in the news last week showed AV 120 million in debt. Remember also that O''Neill probably left because Lerner would not spend the money he wanted to keep Barry, Young, Milner etc.

Let''s be honest- for someone with no history at the club, Lambert would more than likely take the Villa job. They are a bigger club with better resources, and we couldn''t really blame him, could we? He might feel that we will never be more than a mid-table team (quite rightly?) whereas Villa do have European potential.Five minutes ago he was 5/2 joint favourite for the Villa job with Martinez, but luckily, Martinez is now front runner: [url=http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa-specials/next-permanent-manager]OddsChecker[/url]

My honest opinion...

I don''t think he''ll go to Villa, I could see him off in the Summer but not Villa.

I can also see Culverhouse potentially being given a shot, I almost can see Lambert and Cully falling out in a strange sense. Cully holds Norwich close to him of course, can you really see him wanting to leave for bloody Villa?

It''s like Peter Taylor and Clough, I''d be VERY surprised if Lambert was as good without Culverhouse by his side.

Obvious really isn''t it that if McLeish is sacked then Lambert will definitely be their new manager.  There are no other managers in the whole world so it has to be Lambert!  And of course he has such strong links with Villa because erm, em, he''s Scottish like their current manager!

Villa lost £53 million last year. Anybody who gets the job will have to make big savings.http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/02/28/aston-villa-financial-statement-group-loss-rises-to-53-million-but-club-sees-record-revenues-97319-30424920/

Houghton is off to WBA....if Lambert Values Martin O''Neils opinion as much as everyone says he does he''d sooner manage a sunday league side than ASton villa...he wont go.. stop this all now!

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]My honest opinion... I don''t think he''ll go to Villa, I could see him off in the Summer but not Villa. I can also see Culverhouse potentially being given a shot, I almost can see Lambert and Cully falling out in a strange sense. Cully holds Norwich close to him of course, can you really see him wanting to leave for bloody Villa? It''s like Peter Taylor and Clough, I''d be VERY surprised if Lambert was as good without Culverhouse by his side.[/quote]

His relationship with Culverhouse is key and I cannot see him having the same success at another club without his right-hand man.

and then the reporter went on to say McLeish would be leaving this afternoon  by mutual consent apparently!!!