Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty nine of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week we have another of our stars in Muddy Funster who’s in charge and making the final selections. Now Muddy has been a great supporter of these threads for 4 seasons now. This season Muddy has been selecting value picks and this has added yet another string to our Rays Funds bow. The many different styles of picking are a feature of these threads and really are a help to those picking the final six. To prove this point Norfolkchance included Muddy’s selection of Torquay to win away in his six last week and they won at 11/8. A few of us had the pleasure of meeting Graham last year at the promotion celebrations in the City. He came all the way from Wales and it was great to put a face to another of our friends. And it made the celebrations that much more special through being able to meet another member of our Rays Funds family. I hope we meet again soon Graham.

Now all us PUPs need to be at our best to help Graham get his name in our hall of fame. Dont forget for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website. You can also check this on odds checker. There is no other criteria. We just ask for your very best nap wherever that may be.

Now on to our rota for April. Shack and Yankee have confirmed their slots. Just waiting to hear from GMF and Wazzy. I don’t trust PMs so hope you see this on here.

April 7th   Shack Attack

April 14th GMF

April 21st 1st Wazzock

April 28th Yankee Canary

As usual Im quite happy to change this if any dates arent suitable.

Last week was our worst of the season. Of the 21 teams we offered only 7 won. We have to take that on the chin and look forward to our luck changing very soon. Hopefully this week!

So now Ill hand the thread over to Muddy Funster. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Graham ... the free bet is yours.......[:)]......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1509 for the Academy,so far.

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Muddy Funster and to all you other PUPs out there.

Into The Champioship for me this week and  a HOME WIN please for SOUTHAMPTON v Donny Rovers.

Thanks Eddie, as always an honour to get the chance to enter the hall of fame. 

Good to meet you and other PUPS last year and I hope to visit again before the end of the season - I''ll let you know.

I can''t begin to tell you how much I''d like my name on the signature and I''ve been so close.  I would really appreciate your help as always and while I appreciate we are all vying for the league, if some of you would like to offer a few good value bets as your nap, I''d really appreciate it. This season I have been attempting to find the value bets with a 50/50 success rate. A couple of those added to a few certs and we may have a big money win.

As someone said earlier this season, we have had so many losses to unlucky 1/7 odds games we may as well lose to a 11/10 shot or better and go for it. I''m aiming to win big if we win this week and I hope you all approve of my tactics.

I''ll be selecting Friday night probably so lets see if lady luck is on our side this week.  Good luck all!

Delighted to hear the news that you intend on taking a chance this week to win big.

May I offer you a 6/4 shot

Hereford V Crewe away win

I think I''m correct in saying Hereford have the worst home record in the football league

The very best of luck.

Portugal bound this week and:

SPORTING LISBON 8-2-1(25-6)  -v-  Feirense 1-1-9 (7-24) HOME WIN

Good Luck Muddy Funster and all you Lovely PUPs  [:D]

Tranmere vs Exeter.

Tranmere have won 2 and drawn 1 of their last 3 at home. Scoring 5 conceeding 2.

Exeter have lost 3 of their last 3 away from home. Scoring 0 and conceeding 7.

Home Win.

4/5 on bet365,

Wrexham v Forest Green - Home win

Confrence Prem - Wrexham 2nd but with 2 games in hand over Fleetwood, should be too much for 11th place Forest Green

Right thats it, Almeria it is. Home to Numancia, who last four games were WLWL, so due a loss.

Almeria vs Numancia- Home win.

Good luck :)

Right then.  This week looks tough and there are no really obvious picks I could see so I''m going to gamble on the Championship and top of the league  SOUTHAMPTON being too good for a 2nd from bottom Doncaster Rovers.

I can finally post again after not being able to for months!

My recommendation after reading MF''s post about looking for decent odds as defeats in 1/7''s has gone wrong.

I think Blackburn will beat Bolton. The tragic events from the previous weekend (fortunately muamba seems to be doing well) will affect the bolton players as documented by their manager today. Blackburn got a big win yesterday and clean sheet.

Bolton v Blackburn - AWAY WIN.

I''m going with Leeds to put in a blinder after getting beaten by Forest on Tuesday, I can''t see Warnock asking for anything less. Leeds to beat Millwall.

Good Luck Muddy Funster and all pickers.

Trip to Brazil with Atletico Mineiro to beat Democrata.Atletico are top, 100% with a 7/0/0 record. Democrata are bottom, 0/1/6 with a 3/20 GD.Results have been close in the past, but Atletico should have enough.Best of luck all!

Sunday in Holland and an unusual away selection from me. De Graafschap, who have a home record of W2 D0 L11 F12 A30, entertain Feyenoord who are W6 D3 L4 F23 A19 away.

De Graafschap       v       Feyenoord        Away Win.

Good luck Muddy buddy[H]

Good luck Muddy and all you Pup''s.

This week I''m off to Germany for a Bayern Munich win at home to Hannover.

All the stats you need can be found here:

http://www.soccerstats.com/pmatch.asp?league=germany&matchid=235&match=2&t1=2&t2=7

Davo

Sorry Eddie for not replying earlier - It would be an honour to to be chief picker on 21st April.

Good Luck Muddy and all PUP''s

The land of the haggis muchers for me...

Stranraer (9-2-4-37-26) v East Stirling (1-2-11-11-41) - Home Win

[quote user="First Wazzock AKA Dr Vinyl"]

Sorry Eddie for not replying earlier - It would be an honour to to be chief picker on 21st April.

Good Luck Muddy and all PUP''s

The land of the haggis munchers for me...

Stranraer (9-2-4-37-26) v East Stirling (1-2-11-11-41) - Home Win

[/quote]

Munchers!

I''m going to try and arrest my own minor slump by going to Hungary this week.

Top of the table Debrecen are at home to Lombard-Pápa TFC who are currently 3rd from bottom with only 5 pts away from home all season.

Debrecen Home Win.

In a really desperate bid not to fall into the relegation, surely Arsenal will do me a favour and beat Aston Villa this weekend.  Won''t they...?Best of luck to Muddy and all PUPs.

Surely we normally have more than 22 picks by 9:00am Friday morning? I know for a fact there is well over 40 regulars, where are you all? Unless there is a sudden burst between now and whenever Muddy makes his final selection this evening, he''s going to be 10/15+ picks down to chose from compared to your average week.

Now I appreciate some people don''t have the time to come on here very often, to have a decent look through the fixtures/form etc, but I bet we''ll have 10+ ''late'' picks. I know that a part of this thread is the league table, but for me, I only want to be in the top 40 to have a chance to pick next season (not looking likely :P), if I was too busy (and I have been on occasion, doesn''t happen very often) i''d probably still send my pick in late, but maybe there should be a limit on how many times you can do it in a season? There seems to be more of a focus on the table, and not on helping this weeks picker with his final six, thats all the late picks are doing, boosting (or worsening) your position in the table, too late to help out the picker..

Sorry if this is out of line, but only seeing two pages of this thread on Friday morning was a bit disappointing, normally the final picks are on page 4, not so often 3, maybe even page 5. But today it looks very much like its going to be page 3 for the final picks. I just don''t think we''ve done enough to help out Muddy.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Surely we normally have more than 22 picks by 9:00am Friday morning? I know for a fact there is well over 40 regulars, where are you all? Unless there is a sudden burst between now and whenever Muddy makes his final selection this evening, he''s going to be 10/15+ picks down to chose from compared to your average week. Now I appreciate some people don''t have the time to come on here very often, to have a decent look through the fixtures/form etc, but I bet we''ll have 10+ ''late'' picks. I know that a part of this thread is the league table, but for me, I only want to be in the top 40 to have a chance to pick next season (not looking likely :P), if I was too busy (and I have been on occasion, doesn''t happen very often) i''d probably still send my pick in late, but maybe there should be a limit on how many times you can do it in a season? There seems to be more of a focus on the table, and not on helping this weeks picker with his final six, thats all the late picks are doing, boosting (or worsening) your position in the table, too late to help out the picker.. Sorry if this is out of line, but only seeing two pages of this thread on Friday morning was a bit disappointing, normally the final picks are on page 4, not so often 3, maybe even page 5. But today it looks very much like its going to be page 3 for the final picks. I just don''t think we''ve done enough to help out Muddy.[/quote]

I can''t speak for anyone else but the problem I find is that odds for the more obscure picks tend to come in late. This week, for example, I drew up a short-list of nine games. Yesterday there were odds only for two; this morning for four. If I wait until this afternoon the Bosnian game I really fancy might have odds. If people picked early it would very much limit the selection. I also suspect that a lot of the naps that come in after the picker has selected are for games already nominated, and often nominated very early on.

You are an exception I know about Purple, always picking out in one of those strange European leagues :P which is fair enough, you pretty much always get your pick in time, and it offers a probably unique selection each week. And maybe its the same for a few others, but i''m fairly sure there is normally more than 22 picks on Friday morning. (well, only 25 by this time last week actually).

I just feel, that unless your waiting for the odds for games you''ve picked out earlier its a shame that your not getting your pick in before the final selection is made.