Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week fifteen of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week we have we have Davo in charge and making the final selections. This is the third season Davo has been with us and in that time he has always been a great supporter of these threads. He has made 67 correct picks from 84. An overall strike rate of 80% which puts him right up there with the best. Davo drew the short straw last season when he made the final selections in the first week. The first week is the hardest week to pick because there’s absolutely no form to go on. I’ve been looking forward to him getting a proper turn ever since.

As always Davo will need all you PUPs to be on top form if he is to record our fifth win of the season. Don’t forget we are asking for your very best “nap” selection. The result that you think is most likely this weekend. Remember we can only consider matches that are listed by Bet365 for the final selections. This is imperative because I will be placing the bets there online. Bet365 website is here but you can just as easily check by using our old favourite odds checker.com. If you’re unsure ask on the thread and I’m sure one of us can help you.

More great news from the academy this week. Our under 18’s followed up last weekend 3-0 defeat of Ipswich with a 5-0 win over Oldham to progress to the next round of the FA Youth Cup. But our interest in Oldham doesn’t end with that result. Because our very own Tom Adeyemi is on loan with the Latics and is having an excellent season. Earlier this month Tom scored a goal that helped Oldham through to the area final of the Paint Pot. So he’s within touching distance of a Wembley final. And this week he was part of an Oldham team who secured a trip to Anfield in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. I know that Oldham rate Adeyemi very highly and he is gaining valuable experience there. All us PUPs can feel really proud to know that we have contributed and are still contributing to this success. I know that Ricky Martin really appreciates the funds we raise on here.

Ill hand the thread over to Davo now. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Davo ... the free bet is yours.......[:)].....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, yes Norfolkchance1 £1476 for the Academy,so far.

SPL for me this week and i''ll go with...

Rangers v Inverness C.T.....Home win.

Good luck to Davo and all this weeks Pup''s.

Italia for me.Somewhere different.

JUVENTUS                V                         Novara

8-6-0      +14                                     2-5-7        -10

Good luck Davo and all PUPS[Y]

In the Irish Premier League, LINFIELD (8-0-1 at home, F19 A2) should have too much for Glenavon (0-4-6 away, F12 A21)Good luck to all PUPs as always.

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Davo and indeed good luck to all you other PUPs out there.

Italy for me this week and a HOME WIN please for AC MILAN v Siena.

Just been thinking that with it being Christmas Eve next week it must be me picking for Boxing Day fixtures.Is that right Nutty?

Greetings PUP pickers. I''m off to Italy. Juventus v Novara Calcio home win please, Good luck Davo.

Thank you for the build up Nutty. I''ve been looking forward to this since that ill fated attempt last year, I think I only ended up with 2/6 or something equally as poor.

I will be making my selections on Friday evening sometime. I don''t mind who people pick I just want people''s best option.

Davo

Juventus (5-2-0 +15 at home) should have too much for Novara (0-2-5  -9 away) so they''re my nap.

Good luck Davo and all Pups![Y]

A League 2 fixture for your perusal this week

Burton are 5th with a home record of W6 D3 L1 F15 A10, Dagenham & Redbridge are bottom with W2 D0 L7 F6 A16 away.

Burton v Dag & Red - Home Win

Good luck all, especially Davo.

I think this looks a tough week in England, not many games really stand out as "PICK ME!!!".

I quite liked the look of Blys Spurs but they''ll be-a jingling and a-jangling in the Manchester Thursday Night Channel 5 Cup tonight so that put enough doubt in my mind, even though they are playing a pub team.

So...

Wigan vs CHELSEA - Away win.

Not particularly original but if Chelsea have any aspirations to do anything at all in the league this year, they''ve got to be beating Wigan, who are gash.

Good Luck everyone..

Chelsea to win away at Wigan for me this week.

Good Luck Davo and all pickers and lets have another win.

By the way Nutty, is it possible to have another look at the all time pinkun pickers league table. I think you did it once before.

Determined to get my pick on here in good time this week!!!

Going to dip my toes into Ligue 1 and nap a HOME WIN for Olympic Lyonnaise vs Evian Thonon Gaillard.  Lyon are in good form having won their last 4, odds for a home win on Bet365 is 4/11 which sounds fair.

Good luck everyone this week, lets see another win on the board!

Cheers Nutty look forward to seeing it. I think last time a lot of people were pleasantly surprised how high the % correctness was and it showed what a good set of pickers there are on this board and how consistent they have been over a long period of time.

I''m offering Davo a pick from Greece. Panathinaikos with a home record of W4 D0 L0 F13 A4 should be too strong for Asteras who have an away record of W0 D0 L5 F1 A11.

Panathinaikos         v          Asteras          Home Win

Just a quick word about the next couple of weeks.

Next week I''ll open the thread as normal on the Wednesday. The matches we can pick from are those played on 26th and 27th. There is a reduced fixture list because most of Europe are on their winter break. Tilly will be making the final selections because I can easily contact him in the event of anything untoward happening with the messageboard over Christmas.

The following week the thread will again go up on the Wednesday for the matches on Saturday 31st and Sunday 1st Jan. Graham will be making the final selections for the same reasons. Again there is a reduced fixture list because of the winter break.

Now Tilly and Graham probably feel as though they''ve drawn the short straw in picking these weeks. Not only is there a reduced fixturelist but they''ve also both agreed to stay off it until their picks are safely sorted[B][N] I think that''s a wonderful sacrifice to make for the good of the thread so I hope all you PUPs dig extra deep to find the selections such a gesture deserves[:)]

Conference North for me this week, Hyde who are top against 17th placed Vauxhall Motors (Home win) looks a dead cert, good luck pickers!!

Chelsea have comfortably turned a corner, Wigan haven''t. Good Value too, Chelsea away win.

Good luck everyone!

[quote user="SWP"]Going to dip my toes into Ligue 1 and nap a HOME WIN.[/quote]

Im following suit with the above, but just a different spelling of ''ligue''

LEAGUE 1 for me where top of the league Charlton face Oldham.

Charlton are 9-3-0 at home scoring 23 and conceeding only 7. So on average score 3 a game and conceed 1.

Oldham are 3-3-4 away from Boundary Park. They have celebrated on 14 occasions away but picked the ball out of their own net on 18 occasions.

Charlton have won 4 of their last 5 and drew the other.

Oldham have won 2, lost 1 and drew 2 of their last 5. They also played this tuesday so will be slightly more tired than the CharlieTown!!

Stats alot of stats [;)]

Charlton vs Oldham - Home win.

Juventus vs Novara HOME Win please

Good luck all. Also well done for last week. Love seeing us taking money off the big companies especially as it goes to a great cause.