Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Booing???

I know that eveyone expected to beat Preston and Doncaster convincingly... But booing?

Two seasons ago we were struggling to win a game in this league, and now some fans boo if we draw. And then you call yourselves good fans... But in reality, your just waiting for a player to put a toe out of line so you can constantly slate him.

The Hoolahan penalty was a poor one, we all know that, but as soon as he had missed, the fans were on his back. The one moment when the lads needed the fans behind them and we were no where.

Hoolahan needs to keep his head high, and he is not going to do that with the majority of the fans on his back 24/7. He has given us so much over the last couple of seasons... The penalty happened, Deal with it, and get back to being real supporters!

The booing vs Doncaster was because the team was frankly sloppy.

The booing yesterday was clearly aimed at the ref NOT our players.

The team were sloppy, agreed... But we never used to boo, except for when we wanted a manager sacked?

And i know the ref didnt have the greatest game, but he didnt make any poor decisions which affected the outcome of the game...

So why are we booing?

O.o

The ref totally lost control and was basically in the pocket of the Preston players, Ian Hume being a great example.

A good 10 mins of time wasting just ignored, card for Martin after he was fouled.

Did you not here the ref being called a "banker" and " You dont know what your doing ?" " Your not fit to referee" ringing out countless times ??

End of game Boo''s followed by a anti ref chant were blatently aimed at the ref and not the Norwich players.

I''m not sure, Chris Brown should have been sent off and could have been twice (IMO - once for a hand in Tierney''s face, and the other for what I''m sure looked like an elbow on Ward) and Preston might have struggled without his presence.

Also, when we were trying to attack towards the end their players going down and getting ridiculously soft free-kicks so we couldn''t attack didn''t help - might have scored if one or two weren''t given.

I spose thinking of the game more thoroughly i can begin to understand the booing a bit more...

But still the doncaster game? The players idnt play well, but i just didnt think that that deserves to be booed.

The worst bit was people booing hoolahan when he was announced MOTM!! TGD said to some 8/9 year old, "thats very supportive" he soon shut up [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]The worst bit was people booing hoolahan when he was announced MOTM!! TGD said to some 8/9 year old, "thats very supportive" he soon shut up [y][/quote]Where I was it seemed more like a collective expression of disbelief rather than booing.

(Hoolahan the Magician)"]The team were sloppy, agreed... But we never used to boo, except for when we wanted a manager sacked?

And i know the ref didnt have the greatest game, but he didnt make any poor decisions which affected the outcome of the game...

So why are we booing?

Er no!

The Preston freekick which led to their goal should of been a freekick to Norwich as Brown had fouled Ward and Brown knew tht as well. In effect had the ref got that one right we''d of won the game!

[quote user="Aza (Hoolahan the Magician)"]The team were sloppy, agreed... But we never used to boo, except for when we wanted a manager sacked?

So why are we booing?[/quote/]The ref made several diabolical decision but the thing that most baffled me was how there was only 1 minute added time in the first half when it should have been 4 and there should have been at least 10 minutes added at the end to compensate for all their timewasting.

The elbow by Brown where he amazingly got the freekick (then scored) was obvious and left Ward with a bloody mouth. It was a terrible decision but then not many people around me in the Jarrold seemed to notice it for some reason.

The only booing from the City Stand yesterday was firmly directed to the ref who had a shocking day.

The booing at half time from a section of the Barclay was clearly aimed at the players. And also congratulations to the snakepit who wound Chris Brown up nicely. 

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The worst bit was people booing hoolahan when he was announced MOTM!! TGD said to some 8/9 year old, "thats very supportive" he soon shut up [y][/quote]Where I was it seemed more like a collective expression of disbelief rather than booing.[/quote]No booing in the Jarrold Stand just puzzlement as he''d made such a mess of the penalty and then completely fallen away afterwards.That said Hoolahan played better than anyone else up to his penalty miss so who else deserved MOTM ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="king canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The worst bit was people booing hoolahan when he was announced MOTM!! TGD said to some 8/9 year old, "thats very supportive" he soon shut up [y][/quote]Where I was it seemed more like a collective expression of disbelief rather than booing.[/quote]No booing in the Jarrold Stand just puzzlement as he''d made such a mess of the penalty and then completely fallen away afterwards.That said Hoolahan played better than anyone else up to his penalty miss so who else deserved MOTM ?[/quote]I would have given it to Ward personally, thought he was rock solid.

WTF did people actually expect this season? Before the season started most people (and myself included) said that finishing top half would be fantastic. Now we find ourselves in a glorious position and look likely to get a playoff place.

Think about how far we''ve come and where we could be at the end of the season. We are playing great football and even if we don''t go up I think we look good for next season. Yes we''re not really scoring enough goals but we still find ourselves in a great position. How about credit for the other parts of the team for once?

Preston weren''t just going to turn up at Carrow Road and just roll over.

We slate the dirty Leeds fans for over arrogance and yet certain ''supporters'' are guilty of doing exactly the same thing.

Sorry for the rant but how people can boo the team after a wonderful season is beyond me!

OTBC

ffs how many times... WE WERE BOOING THE REF.

we did enough to win v preston but couldn''t put the chances away but still a point.

NO MORE THREADS ABOUT BOOING . PLEASE

its really annoying

To be fair a few people around me booed and I challenged one of them who said he was actually booing the officials - I''m prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt but if I didn''t know it how would the players?

[quote user="CT"]No... since I know people who sit in the snakepit and the Barclay and they''ve openly admitted to booing the side off for a ''woeful performance''....[/quote]Well, that''s difrerent to my experience in the Lower Barclay yesterday - people around me were clearly applauding the team off and booing the officials [8-)]

Here we go again. How about this. Freedom to have an opinion and express it. There are just so many on here that seem to be want to be in charge of some kind of dictatorship. FFS there must have only been a very few, plenty seem to say it''s cos of the ref, which is fair enough. These threads are more annoying than the booing. 

I have never booed my team and never will.I can understand people on occassions being frustrated but to boo is counterproductive. It undermines confidence and may encourage the good ones players and managers alike to look elsewhere

I tend to be to frustrated and disappointed to boo.  Especially yesterday.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]The booing at half time from a section of the Barclay was clearly aimed at the players. And also congratulations to the snakepit who wound Chris Brown up nicely. [/quote]

The more you wind them up the more determined they are to score, ask Hucks [:)]

Still think its the ref who was being booed.

[quote user="CT"]No... since I know people who sit in the snakepit and the Barclay and they''ve openly admitted to booing the side off for a ''woeful performance''....[/quote]I sit in the Snakepit and we did briefly boo at the end which was closely followed by chants of "You''re not fit to Referee", there is a bit of a clue in the chant of who we were booing.