Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Booing???

Yorkshire Canary, i tend to agree with your sentiments. However the only time i have booed, was when we went down 4-2 at the Valley. Only Alan Lee and Korey Smith turned up that day and are the only ones who the boos weren''t aimed at..

[quote user="CT"]WTF did people actually expect this season? Before the season started most people (and myself included) said that finishing top half would be fantastic. Now we find ourselves in a glorious position and look likely to get a playoff place. Think about how far we''ve come and where we could be at the end of the season. We are playing great football and even if we don''t go up I think we look good for next season. Yes we''re not really scoring enough goals but we still find ourselves in a great position. How about credit for the other parts of the team for once? Preston weren''t just going to turn up at Carrow Road and just roll over. We slate the dirty Leeds fans for over arrogance and yet certain ''supporters'' are guilty of doing exactly the same thing. Sorry for the rant but how people can boo the team after a wonderful season is beyond me! OTBC[/quote]

FFS can people please stop coming out with this ''look where we have come from'' cr*p? I don''t care where we were 18 months ago, you might aswell say ''look where we were 18 years ago'', which incidentally was in the Premier League, and in the European Cup. Many people were booing the officials after they had a dire game, but the people who booed the team have the right to do so. We drew at home to the side who are bottom of the League, and as for your last sentance, what are you on about? Yes we have had a brilliant season, but that doesn''t mean we can now roll over and give up. If we lost all of our remaining games, will you still be happy, because we were in the Top 6 for a while? People need to be realistic, but also what''s wrong with a bit of ambition? Some fans think we are a small little club overachieving, because we spent a year in Division 3, Which is the only season out of 51 we have spent out of the Top 2 tiers. If we don''t go up this year, the League is going to be a lot tougher than last year, with the relegated sides much more financialy secure than Hull and Pompey were, plus sides like Ipswich, Leicester, Leeds, Forest, Cariff, Swansea, Burnley etc still here (except those who go up). I can see us finishing mid-table-bottom half next season if we don''t go up this year, and promotion could be many years away.  At the beginning of the year, I''d have bit your arm off for a Top 6 finish, now I feel it would be a failure if we didn''t.

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="CT"]WTF did people actually expect this season? Before the season started most people (and myself included) said that finishing top half would be fantastic. Now we find ourselves in a glorious position and look likely to get a playoff place. Think about how far we''ve come and where we could be at the end of the season. We are playing great football and even if we don''t go up I think we look good for next season. Yes we''re not really scoring enough goals but we still find ourselves in a great position. How about credit for the other parts of the team for once? Preston weren''t just going to turn up at Carrow Road and just roll over. We slate the dirty Leeds fans for over arrogance and yet certain ''supporters'' are guilty of doing exactly the same thing. Sorry for the rant but how people can boo the team after a wonderful season is beyond me! OTBC[/quote]

People need to be realistic, but also what''s wrong with a bit of ambition?

[/quote]

EH???

I''ve read some cr@p in my time on this message board, but your post which i''ve largely deleted, tops the lot. Especially what i''ve quoted above....

For those that weren''t booing, were you cheering the lads? At least the boo boys showed their feelings, whereas the not everybody gives the team a lift either. I am not saying booing is right but too often Carrow road has no atmosphere, where''s the cheerers then!!

If booing is so negative then cheering the team must be positive but not everyone does that either!!

[quote user="ryan1992"]I can see us finishing mid-table-bottom half next season if we don''t go up this year, and promotion could be many years away.  [/quote]Get a grip Ryan.Ultimately we''ve got a seven-year plan and we''re quite a long way ahead of schedule.  If we don''t do it this year it isn''t a disaster by any means - we''re a club that is finally on the up, with a very good young manager, a fantastic team spirit and being run in a much better manner than it was before.  I would say that would make us a lot more attractive to potential players next season and if (God forbid) Lambert leaves then we''re in a great position to attract a manager of similar ilk.We''ve got a solid foundation and loyal support and there is no reason why we can''t do the same or better next year if we don''t do it this time.  It doesn''t mean we will, of course, but then where''s the evidence that all the other teams you mention will definitely be up there too?  Everybody though Ipswich and Middlesbrough would be big threats this year but look what happened.  Similarly look at Blackpool last year.But regardless, I think too many people worry and speculate about the future - we can''t control that so why not concentrate and enjoy what''s happening now?  We''re in a really good position, with eleven games left, and anything can happen still so just focus on supporting the team, win, lose or draw, as they''ve given everything and a bit more this year - I think they deserve it.  We''ve had enough awful seasons so don''t let a good one pass you by.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"] If we don''t do it this year it isn''t a disaster by any means - we''re a club that is finally on the up, with a very good young manager, a fantastic team spirit and being run in a much better manner than it was before. [/quote]

No it won''t be a disaster Graham but it will be an opportunity missed when we''re this close and just needed to add a proven striker to the squad in January to get us over the line. Forest, QPR, Cardiff have all gone down the loanee route to help them out.

As for the young manager if we don''t go up this year do you honestly think he''ll stay with us for the whole of next season if a decent premier club comes beckoning, he''s a talented ambitious young man with a family to think about.

I sat in the main stand (still prefer that name ) no one  was booing at final whistle, I don''t think many had woke up ! last time I sit in that section.

but I was exactly in line with the pen spot and yes it was a blatant dive, if Holt had waited a split second before going down I think we might have got a penalty.

City Angel, I think you''re waisting your breath because too many are just happy plodding along. I''ve said for some time that this season is a great opportunity as last year''s relegated Premier teams had financial problems. With none of the relegated teams from the top league in the top 6, it has been a great opportuinty to go for it.

Next season, who ever come down will have more financial clout than this season and I feel normal service will resume with a yo-yo service to the Premiership. I wish we would show some ambition with our forward acquisitions instead of buying league 1 hopefuls. QPR bought Miller in and we bought in Wilbraham.  

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="CT"]No... since I know people who sit in the snakepit and the Barclay and they''ve openly admitted to booing the side off for a ''woeful performance''....[/quote]Well, that''s difrerent to my experience in the Lower Barclay yesterday - people around me were clearly applauding the team off and booing the officials [8-)][/quote]I wasn''t... me and Gazza left 2 mins before the final whistle on Saturday.I guess this means that we should have our season tickets taken away and be hung, drawn and quartered on the steps of Norwich Castle in some peoples eyes?  But I am sure that I can console myself and will be able to live with that! [;)]

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

City Angel, I think you''re waisting your breath because too many are just happy plodding along. I''ve said for some time that this season is a great opportunity as last year''s relegated Premier teams had financial problems. With none of the relegated teams from the top league in the top 6, it has been a great opportuinty to go for it.

Next season, who ever come down will have more financial clout than this season and I feel normal service will resume with a yo-yo service to the Premiership. I wish we would show some ambition with our forward acquisitions instead of buying league 1 hopefuls. QPR bought Miller in and we bought in Wilbraham.  

[/quote]

I know I''m wasting my breathe [:)] as you say too many people are happy to just plod along and be grateful that we''ve had a good season. They think next year will be a doddle, Lambert, will want to stay in the championship, the relegated Premium clubs won''t spend any of the Â£48m  parachute payments to get a quick trip back up and everything at nice Norwich will be ok.

As you say QPR got Miller for the final push and we got Wilbraham, still we''ve still got Michael Foulger''s £2m in the bank so it will be allright.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"] If we don''t do it this year it isn''t a disaster by any means - we''re a club that is finally on the up, with a very good young manager, a fantastic team spirit and being run in a much better manner than it was before. [/quote]

No it won''t be a disaster Graham but it will be an opportunity missed when we''re this close and just needed to add a proven striker to the squad in January to get us over the line. Forest, QPR, Cardiff have all gone down the loanee route to help them out.

As for the young manager if we don''t go up this year do you honestly think he''ll stay with us for the whole of next season if a decent premier club comes beckoning, he''s a talented ambitious young man with a family to think about.

[/quote]I can see both sides of this debate City Angel.  Graham makes some very good and valid points, as do you.If we fail to go up this year then it depends how next season starts.  I think that we will need to be in the mix from the off again and that Lambert will possibly start to get itchy feet if it ever looks like we do not have a chance of automatic promotion and a top half prem club comes knocking.  If we have a bad start and there is some doubt over whether we might even get a play off place then he could even be tempted away by a struggling prem team, or even one of the clubs that is going to get relegated this season and who are looking to spend big and bounce straight back.

[quote user="cityangel"]just needed to add a proven striker to the squad in January to get us over the line........

[/quote]If only it was that simple CA. If Lambert spent all of Foulgers £2m on a striker today everyone would be ecstatic, but what if we still didn''t get promoted? Fast forward three months to the summer and a really good striker becomes available, but we can''t afford him. The same people would be saying we should have kept the money and spend it in the summer, rather than panic buying now. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn''t!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="cityangel"]just needed to add a proven striker to the squad in January to get us over the line........

[/quote]If only it was that simple CA. If Lambert spent all of Foulgers £2m on a striker today everyone would be ecstatic, but what if we still didn''t get promoted? Fast forward three months to the summer and a really good striker becomes available, but we can''t afford him. The same people would be saying we should have kept the money and spend it in the summer, rather than panic buying now. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn''t!

[/quote]

Yes , good points from you Lappin and Smudger, I know its a tough call and a gamble but sometimes you just have to go for it.

[quote user="CT"]No... since I know people who sit in the snakepit and the Barclay and they''ve openly admitted to booing the side off for a ''woeful performance''....[/quote]Where in the snakepit do these alleged fans who admitted booing the side off after the Preston game CT? Or do they sit in the City Stand near to the snakepit and say they sit in there?I will say this clearly THE SNAKEPIT BOOED THE REFEREE FOR A CR@P PERFORMANCE NOT THE NORWICH PLAYERS.

Forgot to ask CT were you at the match or are you going off secondhand information?