Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the fans who left early neednt bother coming back

lets look at the situation..

This season we have lost 4-1 to Arsenal, 4-0, to charlton, 4-0 to chelski, and 3-0 to villa.. With the exception of Arsenal and Chelsea we have rolled over and died in the other games..

Villa was perhaps the worst showing i have seen this season yet not one of the travelling 6000 upped and left.

On saturday i was one of the peopel who started the loyal supporters chant, we were getting flack from those leaving for doing it, personally i dont care.

When we got promoted we all knew what task was ahead of us, and i think its clear to all to see that we arent rally good enough to stay up, much as id love us too i think we need a defender or too to shore it up at the back. If we do stay up it will be a fantastic acheivement though.

the way we have played in almost every game this season has been a credit considering we have been up against it from the start, we have 1 or 2 bad perfromances and thats enough for people to decide "im going home".. i have been supporting this club for 13 years...

I have seen us get spanked 6-1 by Portvale, 5-0 by the scum, seen us lose 4-0 to charlton infront of just 9,000 hardy souls at Carrow Road(where were some of the fans who left early then eh????) 

I have sat through the rubbish that Rioch and Hamilton inflicted on us, and i have never had the inlking to leave early despite the score or the performance... i have paid for 90 minutes of football and thats what i expect. Also, i will support my team to the bitter end.. i dont care if we are 11-0 down and down to 8 men, i still would believe we could get a goal out of it...

the players need our support, a few of them are playing WAY above their station, and lets remember only a few have prem experiance....

Leaving early just deflates the players even more, as does booing.. i have never booed.. if we dont play well i wont applaud but will never boo...

The fans who left have to get up and turn their back on the pitch to get out... turning your backs.. appropriate eh?

no doubt you will all be there vs WBA, if we go a goal down in the first 10 seconds will u all stay?

jas

Having read a lot of the messages on this topic on the board I am feel that I am siding more with the sentiments expressed in your message. I would have dearly loved to go to the match but couldn''t and feel fed up that some of those that were lucky enough to go to the match turned away in their teams hour of need. Nige always urges us to "get behind your team". Well the people who left didn''t and what they were really expressing was that they are only prepared to lend their support on their terms. Yes, it''s their right to stay or go but they b*****ed off early. And for what? in most cases, so that they could be that further forward in car park queue. Apart from the infirmity excuse, which has some validity, I don''t think that there is an excuse to be honest.

I''m sure that the supporters who left early were as happy to hear that City got a point as the ones that stayed.We''re all Norwich fans, so you can dismount your high horse.OTBC!

Oh no. Shock. Some fans left early. What on earth will we do?

I''m sorry but don''t you think this is now bordering on stupid and pathetic? I''ve said it before and will again, people have every right to leave a match when they want - 1 minute in or 89 minutes in. No you might not agree with it, but it''s ther choice, and after a performance like that who can blame them? (yes lets get this straight, our performance going by other accounts was dismal. The fact that we scraped a 4-4 draw and a point seems to have some thinking we played fantastically well - tell me this, would there be all this uproar if it had stayed at 4-1?) Also who do you think you are telling the supporters (your own!) to not bother coming back? I''m a "true supporter" and wouldn''t leave early, but i''m not going to start having a go at others for doing it.

I''m with Jim on this!!

I''m not condoning those who left early, but I think we''ve had  drama in the footie, lets not overdramatise this!!!!

I''m sure those who left are filled with enough regret and get the message!!!!!!!!!!

Can''t honestly see the point in a post like this,

All you are saying is how good you are and how bad others with differing thoughts are.

You''ve been there, done it and got the tea shirt etc. 

So what ? Most of us have ! It doesn''t mean we tell others what they should do.

Posts like this are hardly likely to maintain the good natured atmosphere of this forum.

[quote]I''m sure that the supporters who left early were as happy to hear that City got a point as the ones that stayed.We''re all Norwich fans, so you can dismount your high horse.OTBC![/quote]

Very well said Canary Jim!

Were you at Villa?? hundreds of people left even earlier than 80 minutes such was the effortless display. At Charlton having stayed through the entire painful 90 minutes only a handful of the players acknowledged the fans. As for Worthy saying the players showed spirit where was the spirit at Villa and West Ham??

This is about the 10th thread on the subject. Whatever happened to the unwritten internet etiquette of not starting a new thread on a subject thats already being discussed?Maybe more people need to watch this: http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Having been at Villa, I can say that many people left before full-time. The only reason why more didn''t leave is that villa is a s**thole with possibly the worst away supporters pub ever (cheeky bouncers charging us a quid to get into a box!), with no direct trainline home. I left before the 4th goal went in at Charlton and joined 1000''s of city supporters already at the tube.

As you may know, I left early on Saturday and I thought that I would just be honest about it and admit that I’d missed the end of the game and that people would just say, “Ha ha, you plonker”. I actually thought it was quite funny at my expense but I have been really shocked by the response that I have recieved which has been quite hurtfull. I really hate this holier-than-thou attitude that some fans seem to have. You are not a “Real” fan unless… (Insert your own standard here)

Members look down on casual fans, season-ticket holders look down on the members, home and away travelling fans feel superior over season-ticket holders etc, etc. It’s just ridiculous. It is the same as fans singing “Sing out the Barclay / Snake-pit” and so on. In the end, we are all Norwich City fans aren’t we?

The last time I checked, we live in a free country. If you have paid good, hard-earned money to be there, then you are entitled to leave when you bloody well want. I do not understand why some fans get so worked up by the actions or opinions of other fans, why let it bother you so much? I am sick of seeing fans having to justify their loyalty on here. Support can be dictated by finances, travel, family, age etc. The fans are all different because people are all different!

I have seen some very dark days for the club over the years (home defeats against teams like Southend and Port Vale when the ground was half empty) and pumped God-knows how much money into the club.

Saturday was only the second time in 13 years of going to Carrow Road that I have left the game early. I get very emotional about the club and on Saturday I was just so depressed and upset that I could not take anymore, simple as that. In the end, I learnt my lesson didn’t I? But what I do not need is other people telling me how to support my club and to be told that I am not a proper fan.

Well said. It''s funny how many ''loyal supporters'' have got on their high horse over this. "I was one of those who started the singing.." Well, whoopy-do, mate. We played very poorly for a large part of the game and a number of the players seemed to be going through the motions at times. You can''t blame people for walking out if they feel they''ve been let down by players not giving 100%.  

you people are insane. why would you leave early? we only get 19 home games this season as it is! The players must be able to see you all leaving early, we''re meant to be inspiring them. Even if they don''t play brilliantly every game, every player gives 100% just be thankful theres no more Akinbiyi''s. Libra''s or De Waards'', there are plenty of people who''d hapilly take your seat, I don''t think you can play the human rights card on this one.

You''re helping the opposition if you leave early and that can''t be the actions of a Norwich supporter.

Besides, who do you think we are?

Boro have had years in the Premiership and loadsamoney to go with, we have no right to expect to get a result against them. Why do we have such high expectations? It will be an achievement if we stay up, but even if we don''t i''m proud of the way the players have conducted themselves. No Robbie Savage''s here, (he should have been sent off tonight. surprise surprise)

If we can create an atmosphere similer to the last 12 minutes, FOR 90 MINUTES EVERY GAME,  we have a good chance to stay up.

Get behind the team, we''re lucky just to be here, if worst comes to worst and we go down, we might lose 2 or 3 players, but lets make the rest of them want to stay. Let''s sing Huckerby again, he did set up all four goals!

[quote]As you may know, I left early on Saturday and I thought that I would just be honest about it and admit that I’d missed the end of the game and that people would just say, “Ha ha, you plonker”. I act...[/quote]

Excellent post Marmite, Sums up my feelings exactly !

Excellent post Marmite and fully behind you on this one.  I was one of those that left just after the fourth goal went in and - come on lets be honest about this - the way City played between Boros first and fourth goal and with only 12 minutes left there is not a man on this planet who would have put a sausage on City getting a draw.  The whole bloody fiasco was a one in million game and just because it happened it seems to suddenly it give the holier than tho supporters the right to fling their abuse.  In the normal course of events City may have pulled a goal back and that would have been the end of the matter but just because we done the impossible and will probably be another 100 years before we see that done again it has caused such euphoria.  For those who stayed then congratulate yourselves and give yourselves a blue peter badge but leave the others alone as it is up to each individual what they do as they have paid their money. 

i dont have a problem with people leaving early, as long as they dont block my bloody view. This subject is boring. So what if a few people decide enough is enough, after goal number 4 who thought the next goal would come from City. or the next two. Im glad i stayed, the kids and me enjoyed the best end to a game at CR for years, these games come along once every 10 years or so. Back on the subject of those who chose to go. Dont presume to tell people whether to come back or not, quite frankly, its none of your damn business.

I have always been a norwich fan, until I started working two years ago I never had the money to watch many games, and when working I only managed a few games last season, Bradford (2-2, I nearly cried!), Burnley, Preston and Everton.

This season, I have found a relative who is a season ticket holder who helps get me tickets, I''ve made it to or am going to Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd, Man City, Blackburn and Bolton. No, I don''t have a season ticket, no I''m not a member since my auntie stopped buying it for me, but I am a big fan. I''ve always thought that the Norwich fans were the best in the world, the Northern canaries were so welcoming when my friend and I turned up in a random pub in Bradford last year. It sickens me to see "fans" sat here slagging each other off for leaving a game early, they paid its up to them if they leave early. The people who regard themselves as "elite" fans (if thats the right word) are simply coming across as idiots who rate the size of their commitment to the club in terms of minutes spent singing OTBC, it doesn''t make you big or clever.

For the record, I have to live on £1000 for 10 weeks, 100 quid (on average for train, ticket, ale and food) is alot to spend 3 times a term! I don''t regard myself as the worlds biggest fan nor the most committed, but I am committed to dancing naked in the town fountain if we stay up!

OTBC

Chris

Marmite has posted a very eloquent reply.

I couldn''t go last Sat as I live in London and can''t often get a ticket because I work most Sats and can''t plan far enough ahead to book early (which is rather academic this season anyway as so few come up). So I don''t leave early because when I do get to go I like to stay for as long as possible.

However I do not decry anybody for leaving- if they want to they have their own reasons for doing so whether its avoiding the traffic or pure depression like Marmite. Some of the stuff on this Board on this topic is just sanctimonious claptrap.

BTW, I have suggested to the moderators before that since they are checking posts before loading them on that they could also ensure that we only get one thread per topic. Otherwisethe first page of the board fills up with similar or identical threads with parallel dialogues. They do a good job but should be more active in managing the threads themselves (for instance by moving a "New topic" to an existing thread if it clearly overlaps).

At a time when we should be uniting for the tasks ahead I find it sad that a moment that was very unifying for those that did stay has become so devisive in the tone of the debate (if you can call mud-slinging a debate) on here.

Let''s just hope that Brennan, Mulryne and Jonsson don''t get similar abuse from their team-mates because they left the pitch early!

Rant over.

[quote]As you may know, I left early on Saturday and I thought that I would just be honest about it and admit that I’d missed the end of the game and that people would just say, “Ha ha, you plonker”. I act...[/quote]

Great post Marmite.  I am also fed of fans looking down on other fans.  I hardly ever get to a game as I live in Southampton but I would not consider myself less of a fan, some people would.  I am a member, I own shares and put money into the club many other ways without getting the privilage to see my beloved City very often. 

At the end of the day if you left Marmite and now as you said you feel silly for leaving but you paid your money and you can leave when you want.

Just a quick thought, would this be an issue at the moment if we had lost 4-1 in the end?  I don''t think so. 

[quote]Great post Marmite. I am also fed of fans looking down on other fans. I hardly ever get to a game as I live in Southampton but I would not consider myself less of a fan, some people would. I am a m...[/quote]

Thanks everyone, and good point Saint. Were was all this fuss when fans started leaving at 2-0 to Spurs?

Let''s be fair this issue will rumble on and on.

I went on Saturday and stayed until the end. I don''t get to see many games (have done more away than home this season) and always enjoy watching City and would never leave early whether we were losing 4-1 or winning 4-1, I just love to soak up every minute of it. I, like a lot of people was gutted when the 4th goal went in, but cest la vie.

If you watch the crowd at a home game you will find that there is a steady trickle of people starting to leave around the 80 minute mark anyway, and carries on until the end of the game. I think that it just made it look worse due to the fact that the people who normally leave at this time all got up at once instead of waiting until the 81/82/83/84/85th minute etc as they normally do. They just thought (as did practically everybody else in the ground) that we had no chance of getting anything out of the game.

I must admit though that it made me proud the way the crowd responded, myself and the guy sitting next to me even started off the "we''re gonna win 5-4" chanting.

If people want to leave early it''s up to them, they''ve paid their money and can do what they want, whether they leave in the 1st or 89th minute, and everyone will have their own reasons.

Leave them alone they paid the price by missing a great comeback, and will probably miss goals in future games, because as I''ve already said they will leave early whether we are winning or losing!

So fans of Norwich City who left early are scum and those who stayed will receive a complimentary all-access-pass to Heaven? Is that what we''re suggesting now with all these vitriolic postings about our FELLOW City supporters?

Utter madness - people should be allowed to support the team in their own individual ways, if that means leaving a tad early to avoid the traffic, so be it.

I used to be a supporter who was dumbstruck at the idea of people leaving early but now I am so bored with the debate and astonished at the criticism yowards those that have to/decide to leave early, that I have shifted my opinion to: ''Does it really affect me if people leave early?'' and simply answered: No, it doesn''t. 

People should be less interested in what others do and concentrate more on their own lives - stones being thrown in glass houses anyone..?!

PP = Puerile Post.

Grow up!.

Most who left (I didn''t) were SEASON TICKET HOLDERS. Therefore they are committed to the club, and are allowed to leave early, if they so wish.

This has always happened, and will continue to happen, at any game in the world. But that doesn''t make them less worthy than you mate.

I don''t think anyone can question anyones loyalty - when it''s in the blood it''s in the blood.

I have been to watch Norwich play 4 times live in the last 10 years........ because I am a part time supporter - NO! - because I can''t make it financially.

My blood runs yellow and green but is everyone going to say I am unloyal because I don''t watch them live.

If people left early it''s because they had a damn good reason. The fact they left early for them will be punishment enough. Lay off.

Worthy said that the supporters were the 12th man on Sat and we all know we are the best in the land. What chance do we have of survival if the supporters divide. UNITE for the one cause - Premiership football in 2005/2006!!!!

What I find amazing is why on earth do people want to leave a game early no matter what the score, you pay your money for the full match why waste some of it by leaving before the end, and its annoying people leaving and getting in other peoples way.

Guys i think its time we put a lid on this topic cos just arguing aint gonna get nowhere is it. We need to stick together and look to the next game, and focus on giving our full support to the boys in yellow and green, because at the end of the day, thats all that really matters.