Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Daftest Comment You Have Heard At A Game This Season?

Still trying to get my head round this surreal comment from the posh seats (otherwise known as ther Jarrold Stand) last Saturday when Holt''s first-half effort (getting on the end of a long crossfield pass from the right) was saved by the keeper:"That''s terrible finishing. He should at least have hit the target."

MK dons match , two season ticket holders who sit behind me were not there and had obviously done the buy back thing, a middle aged bloke and his wife sat in thier place ! half time and the womoen says to the bloke " so who is playing in yellow " ????????? He looke at her in complete disgust !!!!!! lol

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]SHHOOOOOOOOTTT!![/quote]

This annoys me the most when people shout for someone like Lappin to have a go from 35 yrds out, then when he misses they moan and groan saying "why he do that" and "what a waste"

Earlier in the season Brentford home I think the ref was having a bit of a shocker when it came to corners/goal kicks and gave some shocking corners that were CLEARLY throw ins.For a laugh I shouted "CORNER" when the ball went off about 35 yards out. The guy behind me shouted back "CORNER? THAT''S NOT A CORNER, NO WHERE NEAR" to which just about everyone in ear distance clearly rolled their eyes lol [:^)]

That''s meant to be CLEARLY goal kicks...

Jesus, Archant.. this is 2010.. I remember using a forum in 1998 that had an edit  button.

does anyone sit in the snake pit near front or in Barclay front and hear that elderly man shouting till he is red in the face about every bad decision proper funny

[quote user="bloodwagon"]Well has to be "Leeds are going up as champs"
Myself I think it should be "leeds going up as chimps"
hehehee
[/quote]

Any comment to do with Leeds going up.....

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]does anyone sit in the snake pit near front or in Barclay front and hear that elderly man shouting till he is red in the face about every bad decision proper funny[/quote]What Stand does this "Elderly Man" sit in?

Or are you referring to me? [:P]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]For me last week MK Dons....Chap in Barclay Upper E Block...Grant Holt offside, ref blows, Mk Dons player passes it back to his keeper to to take the free kick...keeper picks ball up to place for free kick....moron behind me starts screaming...REFEREE! REFEREE! BACK PASS!!!! {and not joking deadly serious and going very red in the face}

Christ, do some people actually watch the games???[/quote]Excuse me I did the same blimmin thing! I didn''t realise it was a free kick so I was doing the same thing.And yes I was watching the match.

you must be in the minority then mate....as the entire e block was silent, with a few groans when he went on his rant and everyone looked embarresed for him.

Not football related but the two women behind me were talking at half time about what they were doing a the weekend. One said to the other ''I''m going to my mothers 80th birthday'' and the other replied ''how old is she going to be ?'' it made me chuckle and a few others.

Some old bloke arguing the toss over Grant Holt''s blatent red card v. Brentford....''he can''t of red carded him as he''d already blown his whistle''

As we were 2-1 v. Stockport and Adam Drury was putting in a decent shift ''your sh*t drury go back to peterborough''

My section of the City Stand''s constant abuse of the linesman, some blatent inbred women shouting her lungs off in a displeasing manner.

Oh and last season a bloke behind me in the Barclay Stand ''I hope Mark Fotheringham dies in a car accident on the way home...at least we''ll get the insurance money for him''

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]does anyone sit in the snake pit near front or in Barclay front and hear that elderly man shouting till he is red in the face about every bad decision proper funny[/quote]Yeah, he sits on row A of the lower Barclay. It''s pretty amusing, he rants at the ref and/or whatever opposition player is in sight.Needless to say nobody pays atention!

a few seasons ago when we played blackpool in a cup replay, this kid near me shouted at the blackpool fans, ''go back to yorkshire''. a bloke then shouted up, ''theyre from lancashire you little tw*t!''

classic moment

Not at a game but on Friday evening my other half said to me "It will be good if Norwich win tomorrow after Millhouse lost tonight"

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Is "Blacknamee" any worse than "Ginger Pele"?

I mean, his name''s McNamee. And he''s Black. So why would "Blacknamee", while not being funny, become racist?

I ask this question as a Guardian reading bed wetting soft on immigration liberal.

I think Chops has a pont,people openly call others fat, lanky, ginger, mental, and not so much now but spastic....[/quote]I think you''re right. I mean, what makes us, us? Our characteristics. What''s the difference between hair colour and skin colour? Not much really.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

Oh and last season a bloke behind me in the Barclay Stand ''I hope Mark Fotheringham dies in a car accident on the way home...at least we''ll get the insurance money for him''

[/quote]

Despite it being a shameful thought, there was sense amongst the hunour. I think one of the daftest was the Leeds fans chanting "you''re only here for the Leeds". It would work at any ground in this division except Carrow Rd. I regularly have to listen to daft comments from the woman behind me, who constantly shouts the obvious like "kick it".

Ihd an annoying bloke behind me for the brighton match away, it was after we equalised all he ept saying was ''come-on city if we score another one we are winning'' it was so annoying!!! The fact that he was a brummie added to my frustration.

Not Norwich but England. I''m on a business trip in Japan when the world cup is on over there and I''m at the England v Sweden game with some people from work. England go one nil up and the place goes mental baring in mind that 80% of the stadium is Japanese and they all followed England. Sweden equalise and the girl sat next to me who has never been to a game before says ''Do we cheer for the other team now?'' I then proceeded to consider if murder is a sackable offence.

As Legend Iwan has said back on pg 2 (I think) I got a guy who sits behind me and screams at players, "SSSSSSHHHHHHOOOOOTTTTT!" from 35 yards and then complains when they do and inevitably misses.

At the Stockport game i was sat in the jarrold standi had some old fella next to me so didnt think to much about it, untill every single time norwich did somebegative he stand up and shout at the unfortunate Norwich playerBut to end it all, Holt made a hash of something and so this guy stood up and shouted HOLT YOU USELESS C*NT.Im sure the guy must of been atleast 70It was priceless

I find the group of people behind me so annoying that I have moved my season ticket for next season...they have already decided who has played well and who is crap before the ame kicks off (neither of the Martin''s can do anything right) and for some reason find it very difficult to give Wes any credit. Also a guy infront of me has a habit of glaring at me if I ever say anything negative about Korey Smith.

A little boy, about nine yeras old, sat next to me at the Swindon game. His father told me it was his first game. He was toffed in yellow and green from head to foot.

A big moment in his young life, he was full of wonderment and finally asked of his dad, "If we beat these today, will we play Manchester United next.?"

"Oh no. That''s next season son.," replied his amused dad.

Our next planned opponents at Carrow Road? ---- Tranmere Rovers.

Not so much a daft comment, more a nice moment. Innocence is bliss. I hope that one day he gets to see Man. U. at Carrow Road.

I think one of the funniest things I overheard was at the Leeds match. I had a ticket high up in the Jarrold stand and a few people around me clapped Hughes on, then booed him whenever he got the ball - another guy clearly took it a bit too seriously, stands up ranting and raving about how he was an ex player and didn''t deserve the abuse. [:D]