Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirty two of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend and free bet legend Blahblahblah in charge and making the final selections. Now I don‘t use the word legend lightly. Not only has Blah already got his name on our line of fame but he is also responsible for one of the longest standing jokes on the free bet pages. Yes Blah’s famous “Chesterfield Moment” is a real gem from the free bet trinket box. Now I know you won’t mind Blah so I have included the link here : -

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1018303/ShowPost.aspx

It’s a great reminder of the early days of the free bet and Ray’s account of how he phoned the bet through to Billy won’t fail to bring a smile to the face and a tear to the eye.

Now Blah comes into his week on cracking form having napped correctly in five of the last six weeks. I know he has been working on a strategy to get us another win so all us pickers must do our best to give him the ammunition to fire at Billy.

Next week I will publish the rota for the rest of the season. It’s a shame we’re on the home run now because I have enjoyed it so much. Here’s hoping we get to carry on again next season. Just a reminder of the rota for the rest of March: -

Mar 20th - Til 1010

Mar 27th - Yankee Canary

I’ll hand the free bet over to Blahblahblah now. As always there’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Free Bet Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages. So take it away Blah... the free bet is yours.......................

As always I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £789 for the Academy,so far.

Cheers nutty, good to see that some threads never die [:)]  Arrdee told me by email afterwards that the week after was much busier, so if me being a total fool has helped in a small way to get people involved, so much the better.  Hopefully this week won''t be an epic fail, as the youth of today are inclined to say !  I''ll try to make a selection at approx 5 pm on Friday, and will be looking for 5 short odds picks and 1 longer pick.  It seems that 6 short odds picks almost never come out, so we may as well have a small gamble to try and build the prize up a bit.I look forward to your picks ! [:)]

Of course you weren''t a fool Blah, it was just one of those special moments that life gives us from time to time. And of course it gave Ray the chance to tell the tale in his inimitable way[:)]

Im going for something different this week!!!!

the Swiss league......

and going for Young Boys (1st place, 9 wins 2 draws 0 losses at home) to beat FC Sion (5th, but with 2,3,5 away respecitvley)

so thats

YOUNG BOYS vs FC Sion

good luck

oh presumably the Swiss league is ok NN?

(it was done at a push anyway :P Almeria are at home to Malaga, so should be easy :P but thought i would give a real option this week :P)

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Cheers nutty, good to see that some threads never die [:)]  Arrdee told me by email afterwards that the week after was much busier, so if me being a total fool has helped in a small way to get people involved, so much the better.  Hopefully this week won''t be an epic fail, as the youth of today are inclined to say !  I''ll try to make a selection at approx 5 pm on Friday, and will be looking for 5 short odds picks and 1 longer pick.  It seems that 6 short odds picks almost never come out, so we may as well have a small gamble to try and build the prize up a bit.I look forward to your picks ! [:)][/quote]

Real Valladolid versus Real Madrid - away winA good ''longer pick'' for you there, 3 B''s.

Good luck this week Blah, I get the feeling our run of bad luck might come to an end!I''m off to sunny Spain this weekend, where I fully expect:Real Madrid to beat ValladolidIt''s away so you may get a bit better odds, and Valladolid are right down there at the bottom of the table whilst Real are topping the charts at the moment.Good luck once again Blah, and to all you Pups.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]oh presumably the Swiss league is ok NN?

(it was done at a push anyway :P Almeria are at home to Malaga, so should be easy :P but thought i would give a real option this week :P)[/quote]Ive checked oddschecker and you can indeed bet on young boys, not something Id personally admit to, but either way your nap is good to go.Mine this week is Bayern Munich over Frieburg. Munich are top of the league, newly promoted Freiburg are second bottom. Munich won the reverse fixture 2-1. Oh and Munich have won the last nine meetings (Spread over several season!)

Trent beat me to it with Bayern Munich so just to give a different option I''ll go for:

VfL Bochum    -v-    BORUSSIA DORTMUND   AWAY WIN

Good Luck Blah and all you Lovely PUPs[:)][Y]

Very good luck to you Blah x3, and all you other pickers.

This week I could do with a win as my picks are going down faster than a one legged man at an arse kicking competition.

So this week it''s Rushden & Diamonds v Gateshead - Home Win

rotherham have had a tough time lately, and I think they will stumble again this week away to Dagenham & Redbridge and only manage a draw.

you are going to pick a game with longer odds Blahblahblah so there you have it Dag & Red vs Rotherham Draw. [;)]

Here''s your long shot (ish)Cambridge Utd v Histon - AWAY WIN.Both clubs have had massive off field and on field changes and my guess is it will turn into a scrappy game, and that''s what Histon do. Good luck blah

A a clash of ex City strikers could decide this game.  Chris Brown v Earnie who will come out on top?

Preston North End vs Nottingham Forest  Away win

Good luck Blahx3 as an alternative how about Hereford v Lincoln as a draw - be warned these are playing friday [:$]

Good luck Blah x 3 and hello Nutty,as a warm up for my moment of fame next week i am off to Germany where i hope a home win for Bayern Munich v Freiburg will make me 30 out of 32.

Chelsea need to win to get back on track, and West Ham don''t look capable of stopping them.

CHELSEA home win for me, please.

Best of luck Blah, if you hear a strange noise around your ankles that''ll be me cheering you on......[;)]

Going abroad this week for Real Madrid to beat Valladolid, Even though its an away game but Real will be smarting after going out in champions league during midweek and Valladolid are near bottom of league and have a dodgy home record.

Good Luck Blah and all pickers!

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

This week I will put the curse on Arsenal.

ARSENAL v Hull - Home win

Good luck Blah

[/quote]

I think you''ll find it''s Hull vs Arsenal, which makes the home win a brave call!

I was tempted to go with Chesterfield this week[;)] but decided against but have opted to stay in league 2 with....Northampton v Darlington.....Home win.All the very best to Blah and all this weeks pickers.[Y]