Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Have you ever 'invaded the pitch'?

Just wondering if anyone here has ever ''invaded the pitch''?

Either in a group or on your own?  Under what circumstances, good or bad?

If so, did you receive a punishment for your actions?

The closest I came was last season when Blyth Spartans beat Bournemouth in the FA Cup, I was very tempted (lots of people did at the end of the game), but had the g/f and stepson with me and thought better of it.

In relation to the ''Season Ticket Two'', for those who have invaded the pitch and not received a punishment why do you think this is? Perhaps -

- Because so many people did it and it would be a very difficult task trying to identify everyone?

- Because it was an exceptional occasion, a celebration in good spirits?  Defeating a higher placed team in the cup, winning the cup, winning the league etc? - does this make any difference in relation to rules and safety?

- You didn''t get caught?

- It was at the end of the game? - as above, does this actually make any difference, especially if players and staff are still on the pitch and in technical areas?

- Another reason?

The majority of ''pitch invasions'' I have witnessed have been at the end of cup games often with players and staff still on the field of play and in the technical areas.

My post is in no way meant as a condonement of the ''Season Ticket Two'', I think they should have been banned.  I just wondered how their situation differed from other pitch invasions especially where players and staff are still in potentially ''vulnerable'' positions?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

The closest I came was last season when Blyth Spartans beat Bournemouth in the FA Cup, I was very tempted (lots of people did at the end of the game), but had the g/f and stepson with me and thought better of it.

In relation to the ''Season Ticket Two'', for those who have invaded the pitch and not received a punishment why do you think this is? Perhaps -

- Because so many people did it and it would be a very difficult task trying to identify everyone?

- Because it was an exceptional occasion, a celebration in good spirits?  Defeating a higher placed team in the cup, winning the cup, winning the league etc? - does this make any difference in relation to rules and safety?

- It was at the end of the game? - as above, does this actually make any difference, especially if players and staff are still on the pitch and in technical areas?

- Another reason?

The majority of ''pitch invasions'' I have witnessed have been at the end of cup games often with players and staff still on the field of play and in the technical areas.

My post is in no way meant as a condonement of the ''Season Ticket Two'', I think they should have been banned.  I just wondered how their situation differed from other pitch invasions especially where players and staff are still in potentially ''vulnerable'' positions?

[/quote]

I do think thye should be banned,  but life time is a joke.Perspective needs to be applied, the situation was unsual like a piss head i remember who invaded the pitch! would we be slamming these 2 if we needed to win to stay up and we didnt it|???????

Just about all Norwich fans got on the pitch at Gresty Road last day of our Championship winning season, including myself. We were basically allowed to though.

[quote user="Longy"]Just about all Norwich fans got on the pitch at Gresty Road last day of our Championship winning season, including myself. We were basically allowed to though.

[/quote]

you not allowed thats the point! just becuase everyone else is dosent make it right!

Used to be regular thing at Carrow Rd until the mid 80''s and I''ve been on many times at at a few away games as well!

The secret is to not be the first ones on cause at Crewe when nearly all Norwich fans went onto the pitch the first few who did got arrested!

Though what the 2 did at the ColU game was ridiculously over the top even in the circumstances and they deserved to be banned though not for life!

[quote user="Longy"]Just about all Norwich fans got on the pitch at Gresty Road last day of our Championship winning season, including myself. We were basically allowed to though.

[/quote]

Yep me too, i was there. there were hundreds of us on the pitch after the game. great game and atmosphere!!

Aye, I was on the pitch at Gresty Raod too! However the stewards had made sure all the players and staff were in the changing rooms before allowing people to go on the pitch, they almost encouraged it! Absolutely awesome atmosphere with the Crewe fans and as a result I have a little soft spot for them now [:)]

Years ago we played Reading at their old stadium.  It was the last game of the season and last game ever at the stadium.  About 10 minutes before the end the whole crowd - home and away - were chanting "on the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch."  The police and stewards knew what was going to happen, and the police office in front of us was ''conducting'' the chanting with her arms.

Back in the day did it a couple of times when we''d been promoted - it was the done thing!  Remember climbing over the railings from the Barclay as a kid - ripping my new jeans and having to explain that one to my Mum when I got home! [:$]

1972 last game of the season at Watford when we were promoted to the top flight for the very first time.  We''d secured promotion on the previous Monday night at Orient, then on the Saturday we needed a point to go up as champions. 

It poured with rain all day, pitch was like a paddy field but we did it (1-1 Dave Stringer scored as I recall). 

We must be about the only fans nowadays who politely stay in our seats an applaud when we reach the play offs or get promoted, nearly every other club that wins something  seem to get fans swarming onto the pitch at the final whistle. Not sure whether it is the fear of getting arrested that prevents it happening but surely it must be the same at every club or do some clubs adopt a more relaxed attitude to pitch invasions in such exceptional circumstances? I watched Villa reach Wembley in the Carling Cup semi the other week and there was hundreds of their fans on the pitch and the stewards didn''t seem to be bothered.

[quote user="kdncfc"]We must be about the only fans nowadays who politely stay in our seats an applaud when we reach the play offs or get promoted, nearly every other club that wins something  seem to get fans swarming onto the pitch at the final whistle. Not sure whether it is the fear of getting arrested that prevents it happening but surely it must be the same at every club or do some clubs adopt a more relaxed attitude to pitch invasions in such exceptional circumstances? I watched Villa reach Wembley in the Carling Cup semi the other week and there was hundreds of their fans on the pitch and the stewards didn''t seem to be bothered.[/quote]They were bothered though .They stopped the first lot that did, but I don''t think any arrests were made. They then quickly sheppard them into one half of the pitch, slowly forcing them out of the side gates - the pitch was cleared within 15 mins.

Yes, on several occassions in the early sixties, we''d just climb over the Barclay railings and stick ballons on the kick off spot............oh happy times![Y]

Plenty of times from that day at Watford to the day at Gresty Road.

But I have never done it in protest while a game is being played. The two guys who did this against Colchester deserved their banning orders. But I wasn''t aware they got lifetime bans. I thought they were banned indefinitely which could be a lifetime but then again could end tomorrow.

Come on.. own up... have you ever chucked a cushion[:^)]

Ricardo... did you[:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But I have never done it in protest while a game is being played. The two guys who did this against Colchester deserved their banning orders. But I wasn''t aware they got lifetime bans. I thought they were banned indefinitely which could be a lifetime but then again could end tomorrow.

[;)]

Do we actually know if the ban is "lifetime" though?

Or are we all just assuming?

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

Yep done that too Nurtty when I could afford the 7/6 to sit in that part of the ground!

Many times in past but the new breed have lost their ways with regard to passion. God forbid if you stand up! The season ticket two should be given the freedom of Norwich for their contribution towards changing the soft face of ncfc past.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

Yep done that too Nurtty when I could afford the 7/6 to sit in that part of the ground!

[/quote]

The corners of those cushions were well sharp Wiz. [:O]

So were you responsible for those notices from the FA threatening ground cloisure etc.[:^)]

I always said the "Modern Day Fans" were no different and the "New Age Wizards" were chucking stuff at Bellars during the week[;)]

I have several times in the past.The milk cup semi against the scum,FA Cup quarter final against Southampton,after beating Liverpool in a league game to name just a few.

It was''nt such a big issue then,and as far as I know nobody died and society remained intact despite this!

I was there at Gresty Road, and also attended the last game at Readings old stadium that was mentioned earlier. There were quite a few "invasions" that day and I remember the Readings fans being unexpectedly nasty; I was too chicken to get on the pitch after.

Protest is sometimes a good thing. Throughout our history I think the "voice of the fans" has lead to changes; and I have to say that those two guys getting on the pitch must have contirbuted to McNasty''s decision after the horrific Colchester game. Sadly I''m not brave enough myself so I would happily buy them a beer. If they get banned I''m sure someone would have a spare ticket from time to time.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

- Another reason?

[/quote]When I worked at FC I invaded the pitch (on a non match day)...................................................with a waitress :-) :-) :-0As well as many other spots round and in the ground.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Longy"]Just about all Norwich fans got on the pitch at Gresty Road last day of our Championship winning season, including myself. We were basically allowed to though.

[/quote]

you not allowed thats the point! just becuase everyone else is dosent make it right![/quote]Yeah but wasnt it at final whistle? In my opinion, it isnt intefering with play, well it isnt! But if you do it during the match, then thats a problem [N] E.g Millwall/west ham last year.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Longy"]Just about all Norwich fans got on the pitch at Gresty Road last day of our Championship winning season, including myself. We were basically allowed to though.

[/quote]

you not allowed thats the point! just becuase everyone else is dosent make it right![/quote]Yeah but wasnt it at final whistle? In my opinion, it isnt intefering with play, well it isnt! But if you do it during the match, then thats a problem [N] E.g Millwall/west ham last year. [/quote]Even if it''s at the end of the match it''s still illegal.Don''t tell me you are willing to turn a blind eye to this ''crime'' just because it happens at a different time of the day?

Been on Carrow Rd pitch after we won promotion from the old 2nd Division, believe we beat Rotherham to clinch promotion. Also been onto Kenilworth Rd pitch after Luton (my mate is a Luton fan) beat Derby to avoid relegation, last game on their plastic pitch.

Can we stop talking about these two morons ?They got banned.They got what they deserved and thier actions had no impact on anything.The only thing they gained was some degree of cult heroism from a select group of window lickers and a indefinate ban from Carrow Road.

I can see it now on they think its all over...So... what happened next ???<insert a funny gag and 3 second rate chuckle>Lets see if you were right....No, the fat lad fell over and exposed his plumbers crack !!!

[quote user="dhickl"]Years ago we played Reading at their old stadium.  It was the last game of the season and last game ever at the stadium.  About 10 minutes before the end the whole crowd - home and away - were chanting "on the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch."  The police and stewards knew what was going to happen, and the police office in front of us was ''conducting'' the chanting with her arms.[/quote]

i was there.. last ever game at Elm park and they charged £5 for a "souvenir programme"

i can remember one of the Reading players booting the ball into us away fans in the pre match warm up and we had a kick about with it!

[/quote]

Yes I was there too along with a few thousand others, havent been banned though!