Sign in to follow this  
Eurrrrrrrrgh

In memory of Gary Doherty 2004-2009 RIP xxx

[quote user="colneycanary"]I think people should be thanking him, because he has had a good few seasons here. Player of the season in 2006 and came close on a couple of other occasions. Like all players, they go in and out of form. Best of luck to him![/quote]

agreed colney, even if it isn''t in vogue to say so, have seen him have both good games and bad, and have seen  worse players than him in a City shirt. Good luck to him for the future, it is not his fault that we didn''t go out and buy someone better.

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"][quote]

[quote user="Mr McNallys Alter Ego"]Send your tributes to

archanthasatributetoanynorwichplayerthesedays@archanttowers.co.uk
[/quote]

I assume that you''re referring to Huckerby here (if not, which tributes are you referring to?); do you really think that he doesn''t deserve a tribute [*-)]

[/quote]

Archant started with Gunn, Gunn was a total dollop of crud as a manager.  Why not Doherty then?
[/quote]

Ha ha - fair enough [:D] 

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]I think people should be thanking him, because he has had a good few seasons here. Player of the season in 2006 and came close on a couple of other occasions. Like all players, they go in and out of form. Best of luck to him![/quote]

agreed colney, even if it isn''t in vogue to say so, have seen him have both good games and bad, and have seen  worse players than him in a City shirt. Good luck to him for the future, it is not his fault that we didn''t go out and buy someone better.

[/quote]Hear, hear!The other players must be wondering who''s going to get the Pink Un black spot now and become the next whipping boy.

Yes he was but sadly that was because he was the best of a mediocre bunch that season. No one player had done anything exceptionally outstanding to earn POTS

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Possibly even more sadly if you can''t get shot of him you will just have to keep on paying him.[:D][/quote]

We could always use him for income generation by offering him for rides along Yarmouth beach...

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

This is getting really tiresome and a little bit distasteful now. I was never his biggest fan but he did always give his all; I can personally remember some very brave blocks - throwing his body in the way of point blank shots when other so called professionals were strolling around like they didn''t have a care in the world.  

Yes, he had limitations, of course, and I have been very frustrated at points with his clumsy tackling but to say that he''s the worst player we''ve ever had ... well some of you must either have the memory span of a goldfish or simply be really stupid.   

[/quote]

Agreed macd.

How do you think he''d have been rated if he was as handsome as Barry Butler?

[:^)]

OTBC

[quote user="norfolk-n-good"]I wish him well,

I will remember him for his good games. Allot of the time he just got on with the job with no fuss.

Just a pity he couldn’t be consistent.

Hope all the knockers on this site can say they performed 100% every day at work[/quote]I probably perform at around 75% effectiveness in my job, I can''t really be bothered to put any more effort than that in, but i don''t earn £5,000 a week so what''s doc''s excuse?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

I probably perform at around 75% effectiveness in my job, I can''t really be bothered to put any more effort than that in, but i don''t earn £5,000 a week so what''s doc''s excuse?

[/quote]

Doc doesn''t need an excuse. He has never put less than 100% effort in, he just came up short of expectations for a 750k signing. And after being our only player who could dare look themselves in the eye over one or two previous seasons, I would suggest that he has no reason to feel ashamed.

You on the other hand are just a bit lazy. Ever win employee of the year? Ever represent your country in your job? And don''t harp on about how little you get paid compared to footballers - if you''d have been good enough, you could have earned as much as they do.

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

I probably perform at around 75% effectiveness in my job, I can''t really be bothered to put any more effort than that in, but i don''t earn £5,000 a week so what''s doc''s excuse?

[/quote]

Doc doesn''t need an excuse. He has never put less than 100% effort in, he just came up short of expectations for a 750k signing. And after being our only player who could dare look themselves in the eye over one or two previous seasons, I would suggest that he has no reason to feel ashamed.

You on the other hand are just a bit lazy. Ever win employee of the year? Ever represent your country in your job? And don''t harp on about how little you get paid compared to footballers - if you''d have been good enough, you could have earned as much as they do.

[/quote]

Hark at Bill Gates.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Hark at Bill Gates.....[/quote]

Guilty as charged, I''m a lazy, broke swine too.

But you don''t hear me complaining about footballer''s wages...

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]I probably perform at around 75% effectiveness in my job, I can''t really be bothered to put any more effort than that in, but i don''t earn £5,000 a week so what''s doc''s excuse?

[/quote]

[/quote]The fact that Doherty has represented his country says more about the poor standard of Irish footballers in general than it does about his own talents. Putting in 100% effort is not enough, you need to be talented as well, otherwise Man City would have signed Andy Hughes & Gary Doherty instead of Gareth Barry & Joleen Lescott.I am not lazy, the amount and standard of my work is directly linked to my pay. If i get paid minimum wage then i will put in the minimum amount of effort required to keep my job. If my boss wants to double my pay i will double my work rate.

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Hark at Bill Gates.....[/quote]

Guilty as charged, I''m a lazy, broke swine too.

But you don''t hear me complaining about footballer''s wages...

[/quote]Complaining about footballers wages is not some mortal sin, its something we should all be doing. It is crippling our club and many others with debts and is the reason your season ticket costs so much £££££.

Was rather amusing when he fell over after about 2 mins.  Could have been Sunderland all over again had we been playing against a better strike force.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship!