Sign in to follow this  
Eurrrrrrrrgh

In memory of Gary Doherty 2004-2009 RIP xxx

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hes in form...about bloody time its only taken him 5 years[/quote]And a relegation to the third tier of english football....how some people think he''s any good is beyond me.....not good enough for championship but good enough for third division = not the sort of player we needed in the championship![/quote]He is easily good enough for the Championship, if he has a Championship standard midfield in front of him and reasonable full backs either side of him.  Last season he was let down by the bottlers and the loanees around him, hence he came 3rd in the Player of the Season trophy.  Statements like yours above just show how little you know about football.[/quote]I can get Blyth Spartans from BSN to the Premiership in Footy Manger thank you very much.Prooves i know a billion more things than you right there !!Now on a serious noteCos you think hes great and I think hes crap doesnt mean either of us knows less or more than the other you goon.Simply shows that we have differing opinions regarding the players performance.Im not even going to put in a last word / final blow where i say Im right your wrong cos your stupid NAH NAH, NAH NAH. As thats just rude and immature..[/quote]It''s nice that you''re CT''s guardian angel, that must give him a nice warm feeling.  Let''s just hope it isn''t immediately followed by the need for sleep.For clarity:a) I am not a "goon" (though I would happily be Spike Milligan)b) I don''t think Doc is "great".  I think Bobby Moore was great.  I think Doc is a decent Championship level defender who gets a lot of stick unfairly because all those around him last year bottled it.c) I''m right, you''re wrong because you''re stupid NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH,

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Yeh but people who vote for that are evidently dumb as a plank , Lee Croft got it last year ![/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_City_player_of_the_yearHave a look at the list and tell me how many of these you disagree with... it''s easy to pick one year and say "hey, that''s rubbish," but have a look at the full list and then tell me people who vote for it are dumb.  And why don''t you get involved in the voting if you have such superior knowledge?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]And about being Learned, im a high school teacher matey   :-p[/quote]I really hope, for the sake of your students, that you''re not an English teacher.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I was one of Docs biggest critics, and still am at times, but I must admit that under Lambert he''s improved, also being alongside Jens has helped, they seem to play well together.

Last season he was one of a number of players I would have said were liabilities.

The one thing he still does sometimes is want to hug the oppo players, he plays himself into trouble IMO. 

Can''t fault him too much though this season.

[/quote]Agreed entirely, shame the 3rd reich is very apparent in this forum as others feel its not right that some of us have or are allowed an  OPINION[/quote]Hmm, who said you can''t have an opinion - I can''t see those posts anywhere? You''re a bit of a child if you think you can say something on a public forum, and then cry "Nazi" when people counter it because you have nothing to back it up with.[/quote]Godwin proved right again!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I was one of Docs biggest critics, and still am at times, but I must admit that under Lambert he''s improved, also being alongside Jens has helped, they seem to play well together.

Last season he was one of a number of players I would have said were liabilities.

The one thing he still does sometimes is want to hug the oppo players, he plays himself into trouble IMO. 

[/quote]Agreed entirely, shame the 3rd reich is very apparent in this forum as others feel its not right that some of us have or are allowed an  OPINION[/quote]I''d like to add History and Philosophy to the list of "Subjects We Hope You Don''t Teach".

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Agreed entirely, shame the 3rd reich is very apparent in this forum as others feel its not right that some of us have or are allowed an  OPINION
[/quote]

I''d like to add History and Philosophy to the list of "Subjects We Hope You Don''t Teach".

[/quote]

See Mister, that''s the trouble with you lot on here, far too much emphasis on off-the-field subjects! I just "Hope He Doesn''t Teach" Football. Especially the art of defending[;)]

The Doc has been good value for money since signing for £750,000 in August 2004.

In over 200 games hes had more good performances than bad ones!

He has been one of our best players of the last 5 years!

Lets blow a few myths out of the water -

The Docs slow - complete rubbish. While I''ll agree hes not super fast hes ceratinly not slow and rarely gets beaten for pace!

The Docs a hoofer - Again rubbish as hes our best passing CB at the club. Put him alongside Nelson and even Askou and you''ll see my point if the sheep take their blinkers off!

Lamberts transformed the Doc - I agree hes in the form of his life and has developed a threat in the oppositions box (at last!) but the Doc with Clingan last season were easily our best 2 players!

The stick the Doc has had at Norwich has been so wide of the mark its painful to read and you wonder if some fans actually watch the games!

Quite simply the Doc and Askou are one of the, if not the best CB pairing in the League!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]And about being Learned, im a high school teacher matey   :-p[/quote]I really hope, for the sake of your students, that you''re not an English teacher.[/quote]Actually I am.Thats what i love about the Internet things always manage to become a greater sum than they are worth.That Godwins law is somewhat interesting but i think he spent to long thinking about it.In response to the future dig at either my spelling or grammar or use of capital letters or something else grossly amusing as im an English teacher let me remind you, this is an internet forum rather than a proffesional document so its not like i give a flying monkeys turd about checking any of it. :)Happy Xmas Doc Lovers :-p

You are quite correct GRD - Doc has been a loyal servant too. Never moans and under that quiet exterior is a determined bloke too - agree he is so under-rated here - Malky was also guilty of much that Doc gets blamed for but he was committed to NCFC - just a different type of character and more in-your-face than Doc.