Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Fozzy to sign for preston today !

[quote user="komakino"]I don''t blame him. He hasn''t been great by any means, but there is a better player in him. Getting out of dodge will no doubt be a blessing, as this club gets worse and worse.[/quote]Am not convinced. he''s no loss IMO - an OK type of squad player. His record: Celtic to Dundee to Freiburg to Norwich is hardly impressive with him being "released" early in most cases. I can see it from Preston''s point of view though and it''s only to the end of the season for them.

I have no idea what''s going on behind the scenes, but it''s not normal. Skipper today, offladed tomorrow, it makes no sense. Out of form players are normally rested, not offloaded immediately. Lupoli has been offloaded in a similar haste, and what for? We need more options not less. Hopefully we have a callback option.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Half a league, half a league onward sounds good at the moment.  However that same analogy would see us going to the valley of death on 3rd May![/quote]

Not a good analogy.  Suicidal charge over open ground, almost half killed/wounded.  In fact the only people who came out of this well were Tennyson and Florence Nightingale.  Argument between the bosses and they ended up charging the wrong guns.

Horses and swords v Russian artillery shells.  Not good.

[/quote]Well my cousin several times removed was there Cam and lived to tell the tale - and you never know Norwich City may yet survive too. I still have hope.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[quote user="coops"]Please god let this be true. Tuly one of the worst CM ever to play for NCFC. P*#s off and never come back![/quote]

Andy Hughes, Rossi Jarvis, Michael Spillane, Darel Russell. All worse than Fozzy, all in the last three years, and all off the top of my head.

[/quote]

Maybe thats why none of them - except Russell - play for us anymore?

In my view one of the best performances of last season was Fotheringham''s against Southhampton.  He came on as a sub, electrified the game with a stupendous performance before being injured.   He missed a number of games and never seemed the same player since.  But he can perform.

My view is that he plays like a veteran.  He may be 24 or 25 but ambles around like someone 10 years older.  He lets the ball do the work but does not burst with energy.  He relies on his passing but is a one trick pony whose trick is not that good.

One less midfielder without a replacement.   He outperformed Clingan in 2 of the last 3 homes games in midfield.   Neither are good enough but with such a small squad losing players is not a good idea.

Personally I want players to be annoyed that they are subbed - shows some passion at least,  even if it was not matched on the pitch.

Pattison is def no better,  which I assume means Gow will now start.

If he has gone we need to get on with it, and that means strengthening that midfield quickly

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

One less midfielder without a replacement.   He outperformed Clingan in 2 of the last 3 homes games in midfield.   Neither are good enough but with such a small squad losing players is not a good idea.

Personally I want players to be annoyed that they are subbed - shows some passion at least,  even if it was not matched on the pitch.

Pattison is def no better,  which I assume means Gow will now start.

If he has gone we need to get on with it, and that means strengthening that midfield quickly

[/quote]

I''d say Russell will come in. Fotheringham and Clingan shouldn''t really play together in my opinion anyway.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Half a league, half a league onward sounds good at the moment.  However that same analogy would see us going to the valley of death on 3rd May![/quote]

Not a good analogy.  Suicidal charge over open ground, almost half killed/wounded.  In fact the only people who came out of this well were Tennyson and Florence Nightingale.  Argument between the bosses and they ended up charging the wrong guns.

[/quote]Well my cousin several times removed was there Cam and lived to tell the tale - and you never know Norwich City may yet survive too. I still have hope.[/quote]Remind us how old you are again Binky?  Because I struggle to believe this....

[/quote]

Well my cousin several times removed was there Cam and lived to tell the tale - and you never know Norwich City may yet survive too. I still have hope.
[/quote]

Glad your relative survived.  Brave men, each and everyone, but bloody hopeless planning by all accounts.

Reminds me of various football clubs over the decades!

You''ve eleven games to go and you are right to have hope.  You aren''t adrift - in a tough place, yes, but not adrift.

I hope you can get something tonight.

Grant, Carey, Hooze.....[quote user="coops"]Please god let this be true. Tuly one of the worst CM ever to play for NCFC. P*#s off and never come back![/quote]

[quote user="Pastry"]Mental like they were buying Brown?  Remind me again where Preston are in the league...

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]

[quote user="Duffman"]http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/03/03/preston-to-sign-mark-fotheringham-on-loan-today-115875-21167484/[/quote]

They must be mental. No great loss at all. Now give Matty Patty a chance!

[/quote][/quote]

Did I mention Chris Brown? No. Does Preston''s league position have any bearing on whether buying Fozzy is a good move for them? No

[/quote]

Well my cousin several times removed was there Cam and lived to tell the tale - and you never know Norwich City may yet survive too. I still have hope.
[/quote]

Without hope there is only despair but if you are a Colchester United supporter it''s irrelevant anyway.

Good news, Brown always had potential IMO, and I knew he would do well for them, but Fotheringham is no loss, it also shows he was not captain material, one little tiff and he goes crying! Probably because he knew the fans were against him

[quote user="Irish canary"]

Good news, Brown always had potential IMO, and I knew he would do well for them, but Fotheringham is no loss, it also shows he was not captain material, one little tiff and he goes crying! Probably because he knew the fans were against him

[/quote]

Agreed.

I didn''t want Brown to go, thought he was a good player who worked hard for us.

Fotheringham is a different story, he''s been too much of a weak link to be a first choice central midfielder and a captain. You always get the feeling he thinks he''s a bit better than he is.

Or, could this be a move to free up some wages and, as a final fling, use those wages in the next day or two to bring in a Ched or someone similar? Or, more likely, does the car park need resurfacing or Delia''s restuarant need some new cutlery.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Or, could this be a move to free up some wages and, as a final fling, use those wages in the next day or two to bring in a Ched or someone similar? Or, more likely, does the car park need resurfacing or Delia''s restuarant need some new cutlery.[/quote]

Yeah, that''s what I''m hoping. Find us some dosh to get a proper striker.

I think this is good business. Instead of bringing our squad down and costing us wages, Preston will be paying us to take him and his wages away! If we''d held onto him and then let him go for nothing at the end of the season, THAT would have been bad business. This way we are at least making some money out of him.Also, I''m sure there will be a clause in the contract so that if we become really (REALLY) desperate we''ll be able to recall him, not that we''d want to.

IF this is true i would guess that fozzi went to his agent and asked him to send out a note to championship managers saying he is keen on a move. Preston then bite, it''s mentioned to fozzi who says he would like the opportunity of playing in the playoffs etc... move goes ahead. Good or bad move for norwich? well i don''t think he really adds too much to our midfield. Our top goalscorer currently at the club has 5 goals (croft) we don''t have a central midfielder attacking the 18 yard box as both fozzi and sammy sit deep(ish). i would say fozzi and sammy don''t really work together in an attacking line up for a home game. In years gone by we have had damien francis in midfield getting into the box, etuhu doing the same and russell even got 5 goals last season doing just that. He''s taken a lot of stick, some deserved, a lot probably not but as a captain the attitude he showed on saturday is unacceptable.

The bloke was a two bobber when he came and he is still a two bobber now. His CV is rotten, just another useless signing amongst a catalogue of useless signings city have made in the last few years.

I''ve read some of the posts here where people thought people like me are being hard with a degree of incredulity.  The guy had no track record on his arrival, and proved why while he was here.  A crab / jobsworth midfielder of the worst order, at a time when we needed our players to go for the jugular!

As others have discussed if the salary saved can be used to secure Ched for the rest of the season, the best bit of business since Ched''s last signing.  I too would like to see Adyejimi in the start line up as well - someone who hasn''t had fear instilled into him yet. 

But why Preston should be interested is beyond me - given the quality of our other disposals to them in the past (watch out, here''s one for the conspiracy theorists!) is there some arrangement between the clubs that we should know about.  I know Delia has rated their pies in the past but this is hilarious!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]Well my cousin several times removed was there Cam and lived to tell the tale - and you never know Norwich City may yet survive too. I still have hope.[/quote]Remind us how old you are again Binky?  Because I struggle to believe this....[/quote]Why? If you believe in Adam & Eve ( and I don''t) we are all many times removed from them. Your father''s first cousin is your first cousin also - but once removed.(His first cousin''s children are your second cousins). Their children and your children would be third cousins. But you would be second cousin once removed from your children''s third cousin. (I could go on...!). I will. Suppose my great grand father''s first cousin was at The Charge, he would be my first cousin also - but 3 times removed. Had it been a brother, he would have just been a very great uncle! There - we learn something very day! (My age is immaterial though I look ever so young. But yes, I do remember Lol Morgan - do you?). His name was John Brewington btw.

"Fotheringham wants out of Carrow Road after being overlooked by new manager Bryan Gunn"He''s played nearly if not every game under Gunn. Makes me doubt the article tbh

If you read it correctly it says ONE of the worst CM ever!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[quote user="coops"]Please god let this be true. Tuly one of the worst CM ever to play for NCFC. P*#s off and never come back![/quote]

Andy Hughes, Rossi Jarvis, Michael Spillane, Darel Russell. All worse than Fozzy, all in the last three years, and all off the top of my head.

[/quote]

What was that thing we were all  told about when he joined us, the "Famous Fozzy Flick" wasn`t it , or something like that. Regretably I never got to see it, and thankfully now I never will. What I did see was the famous "Fozzy Flop", probably that`s what was meant the first time but someone eager to get rid of him tried to rewrite history!